2nd Match:

2nd Round:

China -

1st Match:

2nd Match:

Korea -

1st Match:

2nd Match:

• I think Poland is a nice place to Final 6, but i really would like to see the final 6 in another country, like Germany, Cuba, Finland, Netherlands or other place...IMO Brazil, Poland, Russia, Servia and Italy should give the opportunity to other countries, even if tthe host is not a strong team...

I liked the Final 6 in Argentina and i hope that fivb change their minds.

• 2011 FIVB World League kicks off as qualification begins
    Despite the 2010 edition finishing just over a week ago, preparations for the 2011 FIVB World League are already in place as the qualification matches for the premier annual men’s competition are set to begin this weekend.

In the first leg of the tournament Puerto Rico face Portugal at home in San Juan in two matches on August 6 and 7, starting at 8pm local time. Puerto Rico take part in the qualification round after finishing third at the 2010 Pan-American Cup, the highest placed team not already qualified for next year’s competition while Portugal are eligible after their victory in the European League.

The second leg of the qualification process will take place on 17 and 18 August as Japan face Tunisia at home in Nagano. Both sides move into the qualifying stage after being nominated by their respective confederations.

The two victorious sides will move on to face either China or Korea, the two bottom placed teams in this year’s FIVB World League, for a place in next year’s competition.

• China will meet either PUR or POR at the second leg of this Tournament

while, Korea will fight with the winner between Tunisa and Japan NT for the last spot for 2011 edition of World League

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• The last time Portugal and Puerto Rico met in 2008 in qualification tournament to Olympic Games and Portugal won 2515 2225 2511 2518. How will be result now? First match 8 pm local time.

• China will meet either PUR or POR at the second leg of this Tournament

while, Korea will fight with the winner between Tunisa and Japan NT for the last spot for 2011 edition of World League

who made this schedule - Japan as usual has the easiest opponents... Hope they won't qualify

• Today I read that Team with best points or points ratio from Winners will play against Korea. Everyone thinks that Japan will be best so play against Korea and journalist write like this. FIVB wrote like I higher.

• Puerto Rico - Portugal 2025 2518 2522 2522. If Portugal want get ticket to 2nd round must win today 3-0 or 3-1 with better points ratio than Puerto Rico. If Puerto Rico win 1st round, 2nd will be in the same city.

• Today I read that Team with best points or points ratio from Winners will play against Korea. Everyone thinks that Japan will be best so play against Korea and journalist write like this. FIVB wrote like I higher.

ah ok thanks

• Puerto Rico beats Portugal 3-1, (20-25, 25-15, 25-18, 25-22) to advance to second round qualifying, 6 pts to none.

They would play China, if Japan wins against Tunisia. If Tunisia wins, then Puerto Rico would play South Korea.

If Japan wins, they will play August 24th & 25th against South Korea.

If Tunisia wins, then the Tunisia vs. China matches will be between 27th to the 29th.

Puerto Rico matches will be August 28th & 29th.

All of this is off the Japan Volleyball Association page in Japanese.

• I really hope so that our imbecile country Bulgaria just once will have a chance to host final six in world league before 2012 when the world ends . :lol: Why we are 3 in the world and europe and we cannot host final six such as countries like Argentina who in all matches has only losses . Yeah it ' s very pathetic history .

• The reasoning for all of the Asian teams is that they had the worst records of all of the 16 teams in the World League. Japan won the Men's Asian Championship last year, so they are the best team in Asia. It is not biased towards Asia. They are just performing worse than others.

As for Bulgaria hosting the finals, that could be possible, but from a play standpoint, they have only made the Final 6 once in the last four years.

• I totally agree with some of the people here that FIVB absolutely tolerates the Asian teams and especially Japan. Why on earth Japan faces the easiest opponents !? First, it's Tunisia and then, hopefully not, it's S. Korea. Why in 2 qualification cycles always the best teams (Europe and America) face in 1st round !? Will it be always like this - Europe vs. America in 1st round ? This year we had 2 Asian teams in WL, next year we'll hopefully have a maximum of 1 and I hope in 2 years there wouldn't be an Asian team in that competition, apart from Australia, who are not a clear Asian team.

Does anyone know do they hold a draw for the 1st round of qualification or they will just keep facing the 2 best teams and the 2 worst teams every year?

Go Tunisia, Go Tunisia !!!

Go Puerto Rico !!!

• The reasoning for all of the Asian teams is that they had the worst records of all of the 16 teams in the World League. Japan won the Men's Asian Championship last year, so they are the best team in Asia. It is not biased towards Asia. They are just performing worse than others.

As for Bulgaria hosting the finals, that could be possible, but from a play standpoint, they have only made the Final 6 once in the last four years.

Did you watch these leagues, because you speak as you didn't.

Bulgaria beat Brazil 3:2 in 2007 at the final six and was on fifth place. Bulgaria beat 3 of 4 times USA in the group in 2008 without Kazyiski, Nikolov, Konstantinov in most of the games. The game 3:2 in USA was against their main players (well, most of it). We were the best second team, but Japane went with wild card. in 2009, Bulgaria played not well, but we got two victories from Cuba and one from Russia. This year we were the best second team, but Serbia went thanks to wild card from Anastazi. Bulgaria is one of the most consistent playing teems in the world league in ALL of our appearances:

2003 - 6th

2004 - 4th

2005 - 5th

2006 - 4th

2007 - 5th

2008 -7th, in reality at least 6th

2009 - 10th

2010 - 7th, in reality at least 5th.

All these competitions we had very tough groups except for 2007 year. In 2003 we beat 3 times Yugoslavia, in 2004 - Poland, in 2005 - Italy, in 2008 - USA

• Raylight,

I just went through my statistics for Bulgaria's matches from 2003-2010. I have a points system that is 75% correct over an 8 year time frame on an individual match basis, (sets won, points ratio, competition region, opponent rank). Here are the results of Bulgaria over that 2003-2010 time frame for the Intercontinental Group stage. Your numbers is parenthesis.

2003 - 4th (6)
    2004 - 4th (4)
    2005 - 6th (5)
    2006 - 2nd (4)
    2007 - 4th (5)
    2008 - 7th (7-6)
    2009 - 10th (10)
    2010 - 5th (7-5)

We are actually really close. I guess that I have been looking at the overall ranking at the end of the year and on a daily basis too much. Plus I can go with the phrase, we don't get the games on TV in the States :obey:

I think that I was just doing a quick look at not getting to the Finals and really there are only 5 spots, excluding the host. At least now with the 5th spot based on results from matches as opposed to being on FIVB's whims.