2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• What a good server Christian Fromm has become :white: But his reception is still a weak point. Wegiel should feed him more :teach:

• However in tiebreak everything is back to normal. JW playing without two basic OH- Bartman and Kaliberda. You can't win with team like Perugia playing without offensive OH.

• Happy that Perugia managed to win the game, but pity for the fourth set! Anyway Fromm is doing really good in what he's supposed to do: attack and serve. Vujevic is always there for recpetion and all the other "hard work" but he's anyway reliable in attack. He's still playing really well, despite his age, giving balance to the team. Atanasijevic has to get better on serve: he did so many mistakes tonight, but also on Sunday against Verona...sometimes he can just serve the ball on the other side, he doesn't always have to make the point!

• Of course Skra is strong team, they have WCH MVP Wlazly and the best southamerican spiker - Conte. The question is that even Trento or Belogorie in their best years could not get that result as guests.

• Raylight.... If you mention the best years of clubs and their matches you should mention also it was the time when Macerata had much better squad, the team failed when Travica and Zaytsev left. Baranowicz with Sabbi is a joke. I remember episode of Baranowicz in Resovia and it was enough...

• So Halkbank end up only team with home victory. If Sokolov can finally play a good game in Halkbank jersey, Halkbank can prevail.
    My prediction: Final-four ;Zenit-Skra- Lokomotiv- Berlin, final Zenit-Skra.

Would have been nice as Zenit are suddenly really fun to watch but something tells me that Belgorod may still have their say. Even with a performance they had in Ankara Muserskiy&Co are likely to wrap things up back at home, as that game was very close. What plays for Halkbank here is that Belogorie has an away match on 14 Feb (i.e. 3 days before the game) in Novosibirsk, which sounds like a 5-hour flight to me. Leaving the main squad at home is of course an option but then the much needed team spirit wouldn't get its boost.

• Halkbank will play against Arkas in a match that will decide the winner of Turkish regular season this weekend . I'm curious to see what will be Bernardi's choises.
    Lets not forget Halkbank won the game with a subpar service performance. Sokolov and Kubiak were so so. But although I'm dying to see Juantorena-Leon match-up , I agree Belgorod is still the favourite.
    By the way at the end of laola video, a player of Halkbank angered Bernardi and Halkbank staff tried to calm him.I couldn't understand what Bernardi was saying but Halkbank manager was trying to explain him it was not the right time and place to talk about this issue.
    Note: 2:11:40 to 2:12:20 you can see there is a discussion between Bernardi and Sokolov with Sokolov reacting furiously. 2:12:25 you can hear Bernardi's angry voice and from 2:13:00 you can see Halkbank staff and manager are trying to stop Bernardi.
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/vi…orie-belgorod/295780.html

• Sokolov had 18 pts with 8 BP, while Kubiak has 7 with 1. I wouldn't label them on the same level as so-so, but that's me, a PhD in applied math

• Haha yes Kubiak is playing even worse than Sokolov. But this doesn't change the fact that Sokolov is playing below his standarts . Even Bernardi substituted him lately because of poor form. Juantorena is carrying this team in the last 2 months alone.
    The most worrying part for Halkbank is Kubiak's performance. He played his worst game of the season against Arkas this weekend. I think he doesn't like Ulaş's setting . He looks uncomfortable,unhappy.

• Sokolov playes subpar since the end of the ECH in 2013. Before that, he was the best opposite in the world for two years. He needs more training, like they do in Trento or in Brazil NT.

• Haha yes Kubiak is playing even worse than Sokolov. But this doesn't change the fact that Sokolov is playing below his standarts . Even Bernardi substituted him lately because of poor form. Juantorena is carrying this team in the last 2 months alone.
    The most worrying part for Halkbank is Kubiak's performance. He played his worst game of the season against Arkas this weekend. I think he doesn't like Ulaş's setting . He looks uncomfortable,unhappy.

Personally I love this how Kubiak plays poorly for Halkbank. He will return to JW faster than we could expect. I'm not surprised because his height is not good for setters with little experience. I bet he misses Michał Masny and calling to him with crying from Turkey every night on bed. :call:

• Personally I love this how Kubiak plays poorly for Halkbank. He will return to JW faster than we could expect. I'm not surprised because his height is not good for setters with little experience. I bet he misses Michał Masny and calling to him with crying from Turkey every night on bed. :call:

Bartman, Kurek, now Kubiak. It's strange that so many Polish players don't play at their usual level in foreign leagues.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Halkbank displaying perfect volleyball :obey:

It is almost painful to seeing Belgorod getting demolished that bad. Really nothing has changed for them since last week. They look slow, immobile and without any inspiration. OH Duo Tetyukhin/Khtey just doesn't work.

Halkbank is playing nice volleyball and they are pumped up with self-confidence now.

• Absolutely no mistakes by Halkbank! Maybe only one in attack by Sokolov at the beginning. This is just unbelievable! I also cannot believe what I am watching. Amazing Nuri Sahin and the whole team of Halkbank. Disastrous Travica and Khtey. I was expecting a Golden Set tonight, but we are a set more for the visitors away from it. I am really impressed, speechless.