Russia - Superleague A 2011/2012

• It's not NORCECA, but South American Championship ;)

But the MVP of NORCECA was Cuba libero, so you were half right :D

BTW, Volkov Zenit capitain? I'm surprised... Has he ever played in Zenit before?

• Yes, I knew that he was in Dinamo before playing for Cuneo, that's why I was surprised that he has benn chosen as capitain... And that's why I supposed that may be before playing in Dinamo he played also for Zenit.

Now that is clear that he've never played with Zenit, I'm even more surprised about him being the K.

• Pavel Moroz was blocked 7 tmes and still have 63% in attack :what:

• Eastern Conference:
    Kuzbass Kemerovo - Zenit Kazan 0:3 (21:25, 20:25, 24:26) stats
    Gazprom-Ugra Surgut - Ural Ufa 1:3 (22:25, 15:25, 25:18, 25:27) stats
    Fakel Novy Urengoi - Lokomotiv Novosibirsk 3:0 (25:23, 29:27, 25:17) stats
    Guberniya Nizhny Novgorod - Lokomotiv-Izumrud Ekaterinburg 3:0 (25:20, 25:15, 25:22) stats
    Zenit Kazan - Guberniya Nizhny Novgorod 3:1 (21:25, 25:22, 25:21, 25:15) stats
    Lokomotiv-Izumrud Ekaterinburg - Lokomotiv Novosibirsk 0:3 (19:25, 19:25, 25:27) stats
    Kuzbass Kemerovo - Gazprom-Ugra Surgut 3:0 (25:22, 26:24, 25:23) stats
    Fakel Novy Urengoi - Ural Ufa 3:0 (25:21, 25:15, 25:23) stats

Western Conference:
    Stroitel Minsk - Lokomotiv Kharkiv 1:3 (22:25, 21:25, 25:22, 23:25) stats
    Iskra Odintsovo - Lokomotiv Belgorod 3:0 (25:21, 26:24, 25:22) stats
    Dynamo Moscow - Dynamo Krasnodar 3:1 (25:20, 25:22, 20:25, 25:22) stats
    Yaroslavich Yaroslavl - Avtomobilist Sankt-Petersburg 3:0 (25:17, 25:16, 25:19) stats
    Lokomotiv Belgorod - Lokomotiv Kharkiv 3:1 (25:14, 25:13, 24:26, 25:22) stats
    Stroitel Minsk - Avtomobilist Sankt-Petersburg 3:0 (25:14, 25:21, 25:21)
    Dynamo Krasnodar - Yaroslavich Yaroslavl 3:0 (25:21, 25:18, 29:27) stats
    Iskra Odintsovo - Dynamo Moscow 2:3 (25:13, 23:25, 25:16, 22:25, 12:15) stats

• Eastern Conference:
    Guberniya Nizhny Novgorod - Gazprom-Ugra Surgut 0:3 (22:25, 23:25, 22:25) stats
    Lokomotiv-Izumrud Ekaterinburg - Kuzbass Kemerovo 1:3 (19:25, 22:25, 25:21, 18:25) stats
    Ural Ufa - Lokomotiv Novosibirsk 3:2 (24:26, 25:14, 25:27, 25:23, 16:14) stats
    Zenit Kazan - Fakel Novy Urengoi 3:0 (25:19, 25:19, 25:20) stats

1. Zenit 9
    2. Fakel 6
    3. Kuzbass 6
    4. Ural 5
    5. Lokomotiv 4
    6. Guberniya 3
    7. Ugra 3
    8. Izumrud 0

Western Conference:
    Dynamo Moscov - Lokomotiv Belgorod 1:3 (21:25, 23:25, 25:22, 17:25) stats
    Yaroslavich Yaroslavl - Iskra Odintsovo 0:3 (20:25, 19:25, 17:25) stats
    Stroitiel Minsk - Dynamo Krasnodar 0:3 (22:25, 22:25, 19:25) stats
    Lokomotiv Kharkiv - Avtomobilist Sankt-Petersburg 3:0 (25:22, 25:20, 25:19) stats

1. Iskra 7
    2. Dynamo Kr 6
    3. Kharkiv 6
    4. Belgorod 6
    5. Dynamo 5
    6. Minsk 3
    7. Yaroslav 3
    8. Avtomobilist 0

• Finally Belgorod reminded of themselves. An away victory in Moscow is always a nice result no matter if it's the beginning of the season, or if Dinamo is in a good shape. Impressive stats for the entire team, Kolodinsky back to his youth, we might not see Khamuttskikh too often, I guess, but I don't mind as he is not the player he used to be once. Belgorod have mainly had trouble in the last years keeping the consistency high, so I don't know if they can reach further into the play-offs. They have a good roster, only the opposite position is a problem, but Zhigalov got some experience already, I hope he shows off. Also would be nice to see sometimes the young Kalandadze, he is also among the talents in the Belgorod junior formation, with some international success in the Russian Junior NT, but knowing the head coach Shipulin I rather doubt it will happen soon. We have mentioned the topic in the previous seasons already of some talented youngsters sent to other (often weaker) teams instead of being given a chance to develop in Lokomotiv, but this is their policy, good or bad.

Iskra is the deserved leader in the west, a good beginning of the season for Depestele. Fakel is an interesting team to watch in the east. Poltavskiy has been playing as a receiver so far and in the first two rounds it was left to Panteleymonenko to cover the reception mainly. Maxim was still an attacking machine and the highest scorer of Fakel despite receiving more than usual.

• Poltavskiy and Mihailov can play as OH, and they actually have good stats in receiving :). I saw Poltavskiy in one NT game and he wasn't bad on receiving, and the opposite team was serving him all the time.

• Poltavskiy and Mihailov can play as OH, and they actually have good stats in receiving :). I saw Poltavskiy in one NT game and he wasn't bad on receiving, and the opposite team was serving him all the time.

I don't really see Poltavskiy as a receiver despite any kind of stats he is showing. He is just not the athletic type of a player to be involved in the reception. Well, look Mikhaylov, he is a different story :)

• Finally Belgorod reminded of themselves. An away victory in Moscow is always a nice result no matter if it's the beginning of the season, or if Dinamo is in a good shape. Impressive stats for the entire team, Kolodinsky back to his youth, we might not see Khamuttskikh too often, I guess, but I don't mind as he is not the player he used to be once. Belgorod have mainly had trouble in the last years keeping the consistency high, so I don't know if they can reach further into the play-offs. They have a good roster, only the opposite position is a problem, but Zhigalov got some experience already, I hope he shows off. Also would be nice to see sometimes the young Kalandadze, he is also among the talents in the Belgorod junior formation, with some international success in the Russian Junior NT, but knowing the head coach Shipulin I rather doubt it will happen soon. We have mentioned the topic in the previous seasons already of some talented youngsters sent to other (often weaker) teams instead of being given a chance to develop in Lokomotiv, but this is their policy, good or bad.

Iskra is the deserved leader in the west, a good beginning of the season for Depestele. Fakel is an interesting team to watch in the east. Poltavskiy has been playing as a receiver so far and in the first two rounds it was left to Panteleymonenko to cover the reception mainly. Maxim was still an attacking machine and the highest scorer of Fakel despite receiving more than usual.

Nice review on Belgorod :drink: Yeah they started very good if we know they had 4 players on EHC. Alekno had big problems with NT players, they were unmotivated, on the edge of depression according to Alekno. You noticed good that Belgorod doesnt have good opposite, Zhigalov is young and I doubt he will get balls in crucial moments. :whistle:

Fakel have huge problems with injuries. Janić, Poltavsky and Panteleymonenko are injured so probably we didn't see their real power. They have really good roster, experienced and I see them high this season.

Iskra always starts good but in key matches they choke. It's unbelieveable to me that team like Iskra (I mean with that big budget, organization) never have been champions. Simple example of ''looser'' club. Just remember last season and matches vs Dinamo Krasnodar. :wavy:

• Todor Alexiev made a good game for Gazprom Surgut. Think he arrived on Friday, and the game was on Saturday, so it is not bad 43% attack and 10%?!? percent perfect reception :). Todorov had 5 blocks and it is N1 on blocking with Clayton Stanly :). Today they play with Kazan, any live streams?

• Fakel had all 4 receivers injured in the beginning of the season. Panteleymonenko, Janic, Krasikov and Titich all of them were or are with injuries/ Poltavskiy played as a receiver first years of his career in Avtomobilist Saint Petersburg and also in Russian NT when Baranov and Yakovlev were opposites. But Poltavskiy also has injury now!! Big problems with his shoulder.

So, Fakel with its magnificent roster has many problems now. But when all players will be fit, Fakel is on of the main favorites of the Championship this season.