Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• OK, I don't wanna be pricky or criticize anybody, but I didn't like the fact that even a team like Pakistan, with all due respect, could do whatever they wanted in the middle against the superior Bulgaria. Niki Nikolov was totally missing in block today, I know that the team played no more than 50% overall, but still it can't be an excuse when the MBs do some random exercises in the middle. Sure, an important and fast 3-0 win, who would've expected something different (apart from the Pakistani coach), but I hope tomorrow the Bulgarian team shows me that they are ready to play in London. Also, we can't make only jump serves in the last set when the opponent is obviously making mistakes throughout the whole game. At least half of serves landed out or in the net, allowing Pakistan to gain confidence. OK, I don't care too much about it, but these signs are troublesome in the long run and I liked nothing else but the score today. I hope for a reborn and angry Bulgaria tomorrow.

• Well, It's over. Iran deserved better but volleyball is like this.

I'm somewhat happy that Serbia took all the points against asian teams because that means that the last quota will be decided purely on the matches between asian teams.

• Big shame on Aussies. They made two or three mistakes in the middle of 3rd set, which led to a 23-25 failure.
    If they can't manage the 4th set, they'll regret.

• Great block by Aidan Zingel!!! He is the hero of Australia today!!!
    9 spikes, 5 masterpiece blocks, added by 3 aces. What a wonderful performance. :obey:

• Impressive win! Now Australia has a tiny advantage in the ranking. They are holding their opportunities in their own hands!
    Unbelievable Aidan Zingel! 19 pts won by a middle. He pushed Aussies to this win today. Sometimes Harrison even forgot Thomas on his right side and set the ball directly to the middle :drink:

• Zingel's serve error at 23-24 in the third set almost cost them the win. But he had a nice game, true. However, I think that the MVP award should be given to Nathan Roberts, 11 crucial points in less than two sets. Totally agree that this is the best scenario for this OQ tournament, now the Asian quota will be determined internally and the best team will get it at the end. Australia is back on the top favourites list after the close defeat of Iran, but what I am sure of is that the young aussies will be very nervous tomorrow versus a Chinese team that still has Olympic hopes. Sounds simple, 3 points and Australia is in London, but I think this young squad is yet to find themselves in a new situation tomorrow, probably the most difficult match they will have to play in Tokyo.

• Anybody knows when will be the matches today as for the India v Czech Republic the german federation's website tells 15:00 (local time) and for the Germany v Cuba match 17:00 (local time), the FIVB's webiste tells for the same matches 17:00 and 20:00 local time.

http://www.volleyball-verband.…bos960cnrh57ottfjq0qufori

http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…12/M3WOQT12/livescore.asp#

So now when can I see the matches?

Is there any german TV channel giving these matches? Or I can see them just on Laola1?

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• It's the Football Euro 2012 month, forget about other sports at all in the next month when talking about Germany and/or German television. I would trust laola1, it says 15:00 CET for Czech Rep. - India and 18:00 CET for Germany - Cuba. They stream both games after all, I think their schedule is the one we can trust for the time being.

• It's the Football Euro 2012 month, forget about other sports at all in the next month when talking about Germany and/or German television. I would trust laola1, it says 15:00 CET for Czech Rep. - India and 18:00 CET for Germany - Cuba. They stream both games after all, I think their schedule is the one we can trust for the time being.

Sp it is 16:00 and 19:00 our time, right? as far as I know CEST =CET+1

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Two critical matches tomorrow: Australia vs China and Iran vs Japan.

A. AUS 3-0/1 CHN. The second match doesn't matter. Australia qualifies.
    B. AUS 3-2 CHN. If the second match ends in 4 sets, the second match winner qualifies.
    C. AUS 3-2 CHN and the second match reach a 5th set. Australia qualifies.
    D. AUS 2-3 CHN. The second match winner (no matter in how many sets) qualifies.
    E. AUS 1/0-3 CHN. If the second match ends in 4 sets, the winner qualifies. If it ends in 5 sets, China qualifies.

How to get the ticket to London?
    For Australia, option A&C, both requiring them to win.
    For Iran/Japan, option B, D and E. Their match against each other is quite important.
    For China, only option E.

Sounds simple, 3 points and Australia is in London, but I think this young squad is yet to find themselves in a new situation tomorrow, probably the most difficult match they will have to play in Tokyo.

It makes sense. I think Aussies just don't know how to play under people's eyes. their only lost to Asian team, Japan, happened in a full gym with loud audience supporting their opponents. They seems unable to play at all. Their match tomorrow will take place in the noon. Maybe it will be as quiet as always. So, yes, if they can conquer their nervousness, their unforced errors, they are holding their own fate.

• :lol: I can't imagine what the chinese will be thinking if they win 3 points and then go watch the final match hoping for 5 sets "yes yes go Iran!, no, go Japan go!, no, come on Iran don't surrender!"

• :lol: I can't imagine what the chinese will be thinking if they win 3 points and then go watch the final match hoping for 5 sets "yes yes go Iran!, no, go Japan go!, no, come on Iran don't surrender!"

Imagine tha Iran leads 2-1 but fall behind 23-24 to Japan in the forth set. Finally Japan clinches the set ball after a long rally, the loudest cheer comes from a corner of audience. :lol:
    Well, at that time, we would say, "This is volleyball."