World Cup 2011

• Some summary? It was amazing tournament. I don't want to talk about our stupid lose in tie-break with Russia, because, yeah, we should regret it, but what it could give us? Nothing. Yeah, I'm a little bit sad, 'cause we could beat Russia, but we did this in this year(so we should not be so sad, like after lose with Brazil).
    Definitely, the biggest suprise is POLAND on podium. 'Cause most of fans was seeing there Serbia, Italy, etc. I'm so proud, that they did this, that they showed, how amazing they are. World Cup is a horrible tournament - advance will be just for the best. For teams, which can overcome tiredness. Brazil's advance was really lucky. They did it in last moment. Russia showed, that ECh doesn't say anything. Alekno made something special with this team, and that's why they are first.
    FIVB did great choice, when they gave Russia and Poland the wild cards. In female World Cup was almost the same. Italy, with wild card won this tournament. Something special is in these wild cards :)

This second place is very important for Poland. For fans, etc. We don't have, in our country, a lot of reasons to be happy. Our sport is... weak, really weak. So that's why this success for me it's like a dream. Thanks, once again. Waiting for London.

• Indeed. It's a gift having such supporters in you, guys. Thank you :heart:

Za vas vinagi! :flower:

Awarding ceremony touched my heart to deep. Igła & Guma walking with cameras :lol: All those lovely little vabo-chans (I loved yellow the most). And finally... Captain Planet - the best blocker! :obey:
    I'm only sorry for Łasko, but Fernando & Luciano made me feel better ^^ Congrats for Maxim, of course. There were no doubt who should be MVP :win:

I feel like the happiest man in the world :)

Yes, the awarding ceremony was really nice :win:
    This time all players with awards were from different nations I think, no one repeated. And Captain Planet was so jaunty, he wanted to hide it, but his Mona Lisa smile was telling everything :lol: Great Marcin :thumbsup: Ignaczak with the camera is a good sign :P I also feel a little bit sorry for Lasko, cause he had really a hard job to respond all Travica's balls, but as I think Hernandez's task was even tougher, so well done to both :obey:

btw, you saw? there is even a smaller size vabo-chan, thousands of vabo-chans, a whole colony of them :white: The company that produces them must be a multimillionaire :lol:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Hi again
    POLAND in London 2012!!! Great news for me and for sure many other fans of polish volley!!!
    LONDON 2012 is waiting same as me:)
    Polish team didn't take their changes to win the World Cup, i think the last round tired them mentally and mostly psychically. Even 2day they could have a lead 2:0, but i could see the lack of stamina.
    Now waiting for the next Poles' Olympic Medal!!

• Summary: Good start by Poland; amazing win over Brazil by Italy; shameful lose to Iran by Poland; Russia fail to overcome Brazil again; Serbia, Argentina and USA quit the competition for podium, so they give points to Europe, Brazil and Cuba; stupid points lost but unpredictable points win blah blah blah; Russia and Poland book tickets to London but Poland suck in the very last moment; Italy give up prior to Brazil's finale; Ta-dah, this is World Cup.

One thing to know: Poland's work rank will be No. 4 afterwards, the same position to their glorious 2006 season.
    So, That Poland volleyball federation bought the WLF and wild card was absolutely wise decision.

• Summary: Good start by Poland; amazing win over Brazil by Italy; shameful lose to Iran by Poland; Russia fail to overcome Brazil again; Serbia, Argentina and USA quit the competition for podium, so they give points to Europe, Brazil and Cuba; stupid points lost but unpredictable points win blah blah blah; Russia and Poland book tickets to London but Poland suck in the very last moment; Italy give up prior to Brazil's finale; Ta-dah, this is World Cup.

One thing to know: Poland's work rank will be No. 4 afterwards, the same position to their glorious 2006 season.
    So, That Poland volleyball federation bought the WLF and wild card was absolutely wise decision.

And it would be good if they would buy the World Cup competition - as we could see Japanese halls were completely empty :D Why Japan is a host of WC for so long?! It should be changed, maybe same like WL, WCh host should be chosen by FIVB every 4 years.

• Some summary? It was amazing tournament. I don't want to talk about our stupid lose in tie-break with Russia, because, yeah, we should regret it, but what it could give us? Nothing.

Personal satisfaction? :D

I also feel a little bit sorry for Lasko, cause he had really a hard job to respond all Travica's balls, but as I think Hernandez's task was even tougher, so well done to both :obey:

I like Fernando and after this tournament I like him even more so I feel consoled ^^

btw, you saw? there is even a smaller size vabo-chan, thousands of vabo-chans, a whole colony of them :white: The company that produces them must be a multimillionaire :lol:

I wish I could have at least one Vabo-Chan :roll:

Seriously? That's a great thing!

One question - who's got the MIP of Brazil-Japan's match?

Sidão. He was totally on fire!

• Mission accomplished for Iran, It's safe to say we already got enough points to overtake China and Egypt in FIVB World Ranking, which is very important for next year World League Qualifier. that was the main goal before the start of the tournament beside beating Egypt, China and Japan.

I just hope we beat China 3-0 (for the sake of consistency) and whatever happens next round will be OK.

I wish I didn't say that :aww: :wall: we have to play away again next year in WL qualifiers :aww:

a good start but a very bad finish for Iran, at least we learned valuable lessons here about what we can do, and what we cannot. today we had the momentum in 4th set for another 3-2 win but we lost it. obviously we need some changes for Olympic Qualifier next year and of course a way better preparation.

• Are you kidding me? 8| And I didn't watch it ;( :wall:

No, I'm not :D Luckily, this guy finally got a chance to show all of his monster skills. I waited for so long for him to kick out Rodrigão from starting six :P And today Sidão was a shining star, as Tomek Swędrowski said "king of the middle :D He overshadowed Lucão.
    Great tournament for Sidão, really great. If not Captain Planet and Cichy Pit I would cheer for him to take award for best blocker.

• No, I'm not :D Luckily, this guy finally got a chance to show all of his monster skills. I waited for so long for him to kick out Rodrigão from starting six :P And today Sidão was a shining star, as Tomek Swędrowski said "king of the middle :D He overshadowed Lucão.
    Great tournament for Sidão, really great. If not Captain Planet and Cichy Pit I would cheer for him to take award for best blocker.

Yeah! I agree with you in 100%! He was definitely the best of Brazil's middle blockers and one of the best in his team. I'm so proud of Sidnei. He tottaly deserved to be in first six of Brazil, and I hope to see him there for a long time. I will risk and say, that if I will have to choose the best six of this tournament, I will take him and Nowakowski as middle blockers there.

My sweet guy :rose:

• What a tournament….lololololol
    I am very pleased by Cuba’s result. At the beginning of the WC nobody could have thought that Cuba could have finished in 5th with 7-4 record including wins over Brazil, Italy and Serbia. Cuban’s have a lot work to do, but the future is bright. Playing with the youngest pair of MB, a second setter, and inexperienced bench they accomplished a lot. I am sure that during the time left until the NORCECA qualification tournament they will fix some of the mistakes they showed here at the WC. But more important the team fought until the last point in every game and did not play the game of losing to give points away and benefit other competitors.
    :drink:

• Why did the Russians play their bench after set 3? Is there something I'm missing?

• I wish I didn't say that :aww: :wall: we have to play away again next year in WL qualifiers :aww:

a good start but a very bad finish for Iran, at least we learned valuable lessons here about what we can do, and what we cannot. today we had the momentum in 4th set for another 3-2 win but we lost it. obviously we need some changes for Olympic Qualifier next year and of course a way better preparation.

Did you take out the 08OG points when you calculated? If you did so, you'll find only Egypt will rank higher than your team next year.

• What a tournament….lololololol
    I am very pleased by Cuba’s result. At the beginning of the WC nobody could have thought that Cuba could have finished in 5th with 7-4 record including wins over Brazil, Italy and Serbia. Cuban’s have a lot work to do, but the future is bright. Playing with the youngest pair of MB, a second setter, and inexperienced bench they accomplished a lot. I am sure that during the time left until the NORCECA qualification tournament they will fix some of the mistakes they showed here at the WC. But more important the team fought until the last point in every game and did not play the game of losing to give points away and benefit other competitors.
    :drink:

I think it's not a problem for Cuba to demonstrate good volleyball despite the roster, they have showed it many times. However, it is exactly the problem of changing the squad approximately every two years by bringing in even younger guys. Cuba has a large pool of talents for its size, one of the world's greatest athletes, but with this internal political situation every more or less developed player quits the NT. Then the circle starts again and again, and we see that Cuba has constantly had a new wave of inexperienced (but capable) youngsters to develop in major tournaments in the recent years. Had they managed to keep last year's team (not to mention the great teams in the 90s), their performance in the WC would have been totally different. But I agree with you, after the bad start they made a good championship and finished with a nice record.