European League 2012

• Here is rosters for the tournament: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…ionTeamSearch.aspx?ID=564

All players will not be in the line-ups for the first matches though.

Thank you. I knew that page, I meant the lists with the 12 they're gonna play weekend 1-3 June...

• Anita Filipovics isnt in the squad for Hungary, anyone knows why?

More important question is why Dora Horvath is not playing :whistle:

Also Czech team is missing Plchotova, Why?

• it seems that this european league is not important for the most of this nations. just a better competition to test younger players.
    no matter if the winners can reach to the world grand prix.
    world grand prix is to expensiv for the most of this federations. it`s just a competition, where you have to spend a lot of money.

• Ritschelova is assistant coach for CZE but it seems her main job is translating for Parisi :D

Israel has good setter, good libero and especially good MBs, but their wing spikers look rather amateurish, especially Gluck.

Havlickova seems to be on diet, she lost weight but also power. Is Mühlsteinova really the best Czech setter? I don't like her play so much...but young OH Kossanyiova makes a good impression so far.

• More important question is why Dora Horvath is not playing :whistle:

Also Czech team is missing Plchotova, Why?

Both are recovering from inury. Filipovics had torn cross ligaments in the middle of the season, Horvath struggled with some smaller injury in the end of the season. I guess this is why they are not playing.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Serbian roster for the first round of European League

Setters - Bojana Zivkovic, Danica Radenkovic
    OPPs - Ana Bjelica, Sanja Starovic
    MBs - Stefana Veljkovic, Milena Rasic, Nadja Ninkovic
    OHs - Jovana Vesovic, Tijana Malesevic, Jelena Blagojevic, Brankica Mihajlovic
    Libero - Suzana Cebic

Rasic will be the captain, and Zivkovic will be playing as main setter since there's no Ognjenovic and Antonijevic.

• It's European League, what did you expect? ;) Especially for this phase of the season it is normal that the teams play like this...

Monzoni is like a wall in 4th set and 2nd setter of CZE makes a good impression...

Yes, Lucie Smutna played really good match, and she will play in Poland next season, wish her success.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• I watched the last set and wondered how Czechs gave that lost set to Israel?

I think Israel played quite a good match and the Czech team seamed to be sleeping. Maybe lack of practice matches, or they have just underestimated the opponent.For me they seamed quite tired in the first set... then from the 3rd set it was not visible anymore (or it was more understandable after 2 sets). Their defence was not really working out... waiting and watching for each other...

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• I think Israel played quite a good match and the Czech team seamed to be sleeping. Maybe lack of practice matches, or they have just underestimated the opponent.For me they seamed quite tired in the first set... then from the 3rd set it was not visible anymore (or it was more understandable after 2 sets). Their defence was not really working out... waiting and watching for each other...

I also think CZE was a bit surprised about Israel's play in 1st set, they were without big names but as you said played quite well, especially the MBs and the setter. Havlickova played quite bad in first 3 sets, after 3rd set she had 6/30 in attack but in 4th she finally started to show better level, I think also due to the change of setter. I never liked Mühlsteinova, Smutna looks fairly talented so I think Parisi should use EL to let her play. Also Kossanyiova showed great improvement compared to last season.

• it looks like Blagojevic is playing libero for Serbia.

Yeah she really does...I thought it was a mistake on CEV site but it's true. I wonder if someone made a mistake while registering the players for this weekend or if it was really planned to use her as L. Even though Popovic is not playing, SRB still have Nina Rosic too...

Zivkovic looked very good in 1st set, so the season in Volero did not harm her as much as I thought it would while watching her there.

• Yeah she really does...I thought it was a mistake on CEV site but it's true. I wonder if someone made a mistake while registering the players for this weekend or if it was really planned to use her as L. Even though Popovic is not playing, SRB still have Nina Rosic too...

Zivkovic looked very good in 1st set, so the season in Volero did not harm her as much as I thought it would while watching her there.

she is not good in serve receive so it's extra pratice for her.