CEV Cup 2017

• Wow! This was so cute! Berfin is from young team of GS and their setter, she came in at 24-14 and it is her first professional match. She serves and makes an ace by luck! :super:

Phil, I think she has some controversial sets but then the referee simply has to call every touch of Vincourova as double touch :) I really liked her thinking as setter but she is either too stressed or has a bad technique :whistle:

• I think Galatasaray deserves to win it 3-1 but I don't understand why Gamze doesn't use her middles.

Phil, I think she has some controversial sets but then the referee simply has to call every touch of Vincourova as double touch :) I really liked her thinking as setter but she is either too stressed or has a bad technique :whistle:

You're right :D He called like 4-5 her touches and it should be more. She's always like that :)

• I think Galatasaray deserves to win it 3-1 but I don't understand why Gamze doesn't use her middles.

Me either! I think she wants to surprise Lodz blockers and spikers left against single blocks. However I don't think Lodz middles can stop Jack or Ruseva even if they are on place :white: Polanska can make a difference though!

You're right :D He called like 4-5 her touches and it should be more. She's always like that :)

Aw! That's too bad. It's unfortunate that most smart setters have bad techniques and boring ones with good techniques :lol:

• Someone said Galatasay will play semis vs Kazan and that Pomi needs to beat Yamamay, but isn't the semis like this;

Galatasaray - Busto

Kazan - Pomi

?

• No :( Unfortunately GS will play against Kazan in next round if both qualify quarters.

The good thing is, Kazan has a terrible receiving line with Voronkova and Valitseva, however they are all super tall and amazing attackers, including Isaeva :white:

• i missed the match ( i forgot about it)
    Galatasaray should take some precautions about Grobelna for the return match
    the other players will probably play better due to home court adv. and if Grobelna plays that way then it can be hard for Gala to win in the end

• To put it into perspective: Stuttgart has two exquistie OHs, namely Renata Sandor (was not fully fit luckily for Pomì, about the same level as the other) and Michaela Mlejnková, but it was anyway astonishing to see, they were clearly more effective passed by Nichol and Kocar as Bosetti and Guerra by Lloyd. But our setters are also both very good :) .

• i missed the match ( i forgot about it)
    Galatasaray should take some precautions about Grobelna for the return match
    the other players will probably play better due to home court adv. and if Grobelna plays that way then it can be hard for Gala to win in the end

Yes, Kaja Grobelna has evolved greatly in Lodz after she left Stuttgart (we wanted to keep her, but of course in vain) and is a very dangerous OPP now, in the probably fully packed Atlas Arena the whole team is supposed to be a major threat for Galatasaray, as the last also fear, by the way. In the end the Golden Set may decide...

• Yes, Kaja Grobelna has evolved greatly in Lodz after she left Stuttgart (we wanted to keep her, but of course in vain) and is a very dangerous OPP now, in the probably fully packed Atlas Arena the whole team is supposed to be a major threat for Galatasaray, as the last also fear, by the way. In the end the Golden Set may decide...

i dont know much about Grobelna but she shouldnt probably be an unstoppable player otherwise she could be playing for a stronger team now f.e. :Chemik Police
    i agree with you about the golden set..it is possible!

• i dont know much about Grobelna but she shouldnt probably be an unstoppable player otherwise she could be playing for a stronger team now f.e. :Chemik Police
    i agree with you about the golden set..it is possible!

I think Grobelna is really good right now and I won't be surprised to see her in a very good team next season. She only played bad in 3rd set where she had 3/12, otherwise she always had over 50-60% in attacking. :super:

• Samanta Fabris is on the list for match between Pomi and Stuttgart, but I don't believe She will play, actually it isn't so smart for her to play, it is to early....

I saw on her instagram profile, She is already walking normal so I don't think her injury was that bad, but I think She will be ready for maybe semi finals CEV CUPa :)

• Pomi needs much more for win, Fabris will not be enough....

• Pomi needs much more for win, Fabris will not be enough....

Although I think, Allianz MTV STUTTGART can't win in Cremona, I'm not completely sure, because our team has now learned, that they can pose a real threat against CASALMAGGIORE...

• As expected, Casalmaggiore won at home (also only 1975 spectators) against Stuttgart, but I was not impressed by them at all. They gained advantages by several circumstances (relative weakness of Stuttgart this season on the road, not all players available/in best shape), but our team did relatively well and got the points the VBL (German league) could expect from them with reaching the quarters.

So we have a Lombardian (Italian) semi Casalmaggiore vs. Busto Arsizio, after seen the last, I think CL champions have only minor advantage, to be honest. Busto broke down the brave Hungarian champions Linamar Beczekabai (difficult name, as this language).

Dynamo Kazan wasted Vizura Beograde, which came as no surprise. Kazan is my main favorite now.

Most interesting quarter remaining is today in Lodz, where Budowlani has a chance against Galatasaray IMHO, but has to win the Golden set in the end after a three to four set home victory.

• Despite 2.500 spectators in Atlas Arena supported Budowlani LODZ, they lost in three sets against Galatasaray ISTANBUL. So second semi is Kazan vs. Galatasaray.

• Despite 2.500 spectators in Atlas Arena supported Budowlani LODZ, they lost in three sets against Galatasaray ISTANBUL. So second semi is Kazan vs. Galatasaray.

Congrats. to Galatasaray's girsl
    i didnt expect a clear win like this one after Lodz had beat Chemik

now Galatasaray is going to play Kazan which appears to be the most important candidate for this cup
    if they can manage to beat Kazan then Galatsaray Can win this cup (will have a high chance at least)

• Every team in Semi-Finals can win CEV CUP. Busto, Pomi, Kazan or Galatasaray... Their is no clear favorite
    But I still think that Busto or Pomi will win CEV CUP.. :)