China International Tournament 2009

• so Cuba continue their amazing performance loosing to Dominican Republic 3-2. i've watched only 5th set(i was late again :lol: ) so if anybody would give a brief description of Cuba overall performance i would be greatful :heart:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• Cuba needs to improve a lot. For starters, Calderon and Carcases can't dig. Several balls went to their direction and I couldn't remember them getting a good dig. Carcases also can't make a kill especially when the block is waiting for her. It was easy for the DOM defenders to pick up the ball after hitting the block. Either she hits smarter or hits stronger. Calderon is better at this but not much. In the 4th and 5th set, they kept on going to the outside hitters but they coulldn't terminate. The blocking is also dismal. Cuba can't stop de la Cruz when it mattered. As for their service errors, it had to come at a bad time when the set was closing. X(

Overall, Cuba looks like a 2nd rate team rather than an Olympic semi-finalist. They played to DOM's game and did not dictate the pace. Ruiz's departure had a big hole in their reception, floor defense, and offense. Other players should step up. I believe Carcases and Calderon need to improve quickly or else Cuba will suffer defeats more frequently. At the same time, they should improve their blocking. As for the setters, may more variety and deception.

:thumbdown:

• i don't worry about Carcases cus i remeber her from world cup and she was amazing back then i think she is just out of shape like the whole Cuba team. what's worry me is second Opp/setter. with Ramirez gone there is a hole on that position. Sillie isn't a great setter neither awsome spiker so that's can be weak point of new Cuba

• I was late too. The result that Dominica beat Cuba surprised me. :tzz: It seemd that the reality that only team was left out in last stop at the awarding ceremony stimulated Dominican girls.

Tomorrow June-4 Beijing time 15:00 Turkey vs Cuba.Though Turkey lost to China today 0:3 I think they played better than last stop.

Tomorrow June-4 Beijing time 20:00 China vs Dominica. See if Dominica can give us a surprise again. :dance6:

• Cuba lost again 3-2 against Turkey B hurray :mad: :white: ;(
    what happened with Cuba block?? they were always good in that aspect of volleyball but in this tournament it just doesn't exist ;/ Carrillo was horrible today :hit: and Cuba's girls don't know the word- defence :S hope it's just really bad shape of Cuba rather than sign of that we can forgot about Cuba in world elite :gone:

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• What a game. :obey: :dance6:
    Congrats girls. You were almost perfect today. Chiappini will have a lot of difficulty in choosing players for ECH. They are all doing very well. :thumbup: :thumbsup:

• China won 3-1 (25-22 16-25 25-16 25-16)
    Wang Yi Mei scored most...

• Wang Yimei...

• Mathias, WZFC and rainbow : thanks for the replies :wavy:

• i think that Cindy Rondon and Miragros Cabral are required for Dominican Rep NT.
    if they are back to the team,Dominican Rep NT will be more strong :thumbsup:

• where the heck is Cuba-China match?? ;|

• DOM 25 25 25 3
    TUR 23 18 21 0

Dom has made considerable progress in this leg...

• Cuba lost again eh but today in 1st and 2nd set they were playing very good and i really enjoy their performance at least they RECEIVE and BLOCK today :D Carrillo was gret today so was Silva(BTW really like her :thumbsup: ) why Santos did not play today and yesterday?? injury(hope not) or coach wanted to try Cleger(she is also quite good)

• Cuba played quite nice defense today, but I think they need a better OH than Carcaces, or she must play better than she does now (and I think she can!). And also the setters were pretty good, they both are not as good in attack as Santos and Ramirez but in terms of setting I think Cleger is at least as good as Santos.

• Cuba played quite nice defense today, but I think they need a better OH than Carcaces, or she must play better than she does now (and I think she can!).

i'm sure she can cause she showed it during WC in 2007 now she is just out of shape in my opinion. i really like her in the past years now she doesn't play so good but she will stepo up i'm sure she will :thumbup:

• What a pity for CUBA, 3 consecutive lose in tibreak...
    Anyway, it's a wonderful match, and a great experience for new CHN team...
    :)
    CHN vs CUB 3-2 (21-25,20-25,25-21,25-21,15-13)