China International Tournament 2009

• thanks rainbow :rose: oh i'm dying to see any match of volleyball it's been a while since i watch it last time :P

ok that site doesn't work for me i install that P2p thing and nothing happened :D
    but happily there is also possibility to watch it throught sopcast :drink:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• you can see the matches on http://www.bet365.com
    cuba x turkey is going on right now...i have never seen so many aces in one game hehe

:lol: yeah that's true Turkey really sucks when it comes to reception :whistle:
    so Cuba won 3-1 no surprice. i really wonder how they lost that one set with such a bad playing Turkey :whistle: Santos is amazing 9 aces in a row(it wasn't always an ace but usually Turkey either couldn't receive or just gave a free ball to Cuba side) :D
    so Turkey desperetly need to improve their reception and attack( i know there was some key player missing but still )

• :lol: yeah that's true Turkey really sucks when it comes to reception :whistle:
    so Cuba won 3-1 no surprice. i really wonder how they lost that one set with such a bad playing Turkey :whistle: Santos is amazing 9 aces in a row(it wasn't always an ace but usually Turkey either couldn't receive or just gave a free ball to Cuba side) :D
    so Turkey desperetly need to improve their reception and attack( i know there was some key player missing but still )

lol turkey could have won the game...they were leading second set by 21-16 ...numer #1 from cuba came from the bench and made many aces

• really?? i didn't watch first 2 sets so i only judge last 2 :D isn't number one that 15 yo grils Salas?? :D

• I don't have much confidence in the Cuban team right now given an awful performance today. They had very poor reception and digging. Apparently they couldn't shake off this deficiency since the Olympics. Turkey kept on putting balls where there were not defenders using soft spikes. Their serves were also inconsistent as they made made errors.

It was fortunate that Salas was able to turn the game around in the 2nd set. If not for her, Cuba would have lost 0-3. I guess floaters and short serves were Turkey's achilles heel. Later, Santos also served rockets at Turkey. So if the Cubans can get their serving game right, it's going to be tough playing them. What also worked consistently with Cuba was their quick attacks. Only 1 was blocked (Silva) but she was a subsitute player.

I hope their new coaching staff, which now includes Regla Torres, would be able to turn up the team's performance. If they can just get their reception, digging, and blocking right, then Cuba can be on top again. Also Calderon and Carcases need work on hitting high balls. They aren't good at converting it to points.

• really?? i didn't watch first 2 sets so i only judge last 2 :D isn't number one that 15 yo grils Salas?? :D

yes...i think :D

• you can see the matches on www.bet365.com
    cuba x turkey is going on right now...i have never seen so many aces in one game hehe

:mad: CCTV should spend their money on improving their web performance. It cost me a lot of time to refresh the screen to get the ActiveX done. :hit:

It is good you can watch the matches on-line through other softwares and websites.

Well as I thought Cuba always is very relaxed or even loose during the friendly matches.In my opinion Carrillo and Calderon gain a lot of weight. :lol: Well the two young rookies #1 Salas and #17 Silva impressed me a lot.According to the commentator Salas was born in 1991.

• In my opinion Carrillo and Calderon gain a lot of weight. :lol:

yeah specially Carillo :what: but her spike are even more powerfull now :D
    Calderon has cool hairstyle a bit like Ruiz has :D

• I don't have much confidence in the Cuban team right now given an awful performance today. They had very poor reception and digging. Apparently they couldn't shake off this deficiency since the Olympics. Turkey kept on putting balls where there were not defenders using soft spikes. Their serves were also inconsistent as they made made errors.

It was fortunate that Salas was able to turn the game around in the 2nd set. If not for her, Cuba would have lost 0-3. I guess floaters and short serves were Turkey's achilles heel. Later, Santos also served rockets at Turkey. So if the Cubans can get their serving game right, it's going to be tough playing them. What also worked consistently with Cuba was their quick attacks. Only 1 was blocked (Silva) but she was a subsitute player.

I hope their new coaching staff, which now includes Regla Torres, would be able to turn up the team's performance. If they can just get their reception, digging, and blocking right, then Cuba can be on top again. Also Calderon and Carcases need work on hitting high balls. They aren't good at converting it to points.

how was turkey? ı couldn t watch the match :aww: what was the starting line up? there are not any our significant player (naz aydemir,elif ağca,neslihan demir,seda tokatlıoğlu,esra gümüş,neriman özsoy,eda erdem and gülden kayalar) ı mean it was not our main players. even that ı wander very much their performance, thanks in advance :drink:

• FINAL RESULT

TUR vs CUB 1-3 (25-18, 22-25, 19-25, 15-25)

the starting lineups TUR

setter: pelin
    opposite: seray
    outside hitters: deniz + meryem (gozde)
    middle blockers: bahar + gokcen
    libero: nihan

subs: gozde, gizem

the starting lineips of CUB

setters: santos + silie
    outside hitters: calderon (salas) + carcases
    middle blockers: sanchez (silva) + carrillo
    libero: arredondo

subs: salas, silva

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• CUB ROSTERS AND NUMBERS

1. Salas
    2. Santos
    3. Carrillo
    4.Palacio
    7. Arredondo
    9. Sanchez
    10. Cleger
    11. Castañeda
    12. Calderon
    14. Carcases
    15. Silie
    17. Silva (veery good middle blocker, a powerful spiker) :cheesy:

• the second Match

CHN vs DOM 3-1 (26-24, 25-20, 19-25, 25-16)

CHN STARTING LINEUPS

Setter: WEI Qiuyue
    Opposite: WANG Yimei (ZHAO Yanni)
    Outside Hitter: LI Juan + CHU Jinling (YIN Na)
    Middle Blocker: MA Yuewen + XUE Ming
    Libero: ZHANG Xian

Subs: Yin Na, Zhao Yanni

DOM STARTING LINEUPS

Setter: Echenique
    Opposite: Numbru (Joe Rodriguez)
    Outside Hitter: Eve + De La Cruz
    Middle Blocker: Mari Rodriguez + Vargas
    Libero: Castillo

Subs: Joa Rodriguez

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited 2 times, last by pappi ().

• I was concentrating on Cuba's performance so I can only give you impressions of Turkey's game. In my opinion, Turkey played consistently despite the upsurge of Cuban performance especially in the 4th set. They ambushed Cuba in the 1st set with their floater serves, soft spikes, and timed blocks on the outside. In the 2nd set, they led for most of the set but could not receive Salas' serves just when they were about to end the set. Cuba was able to turn the game around and win. In the 3rd set, after a huge Cuban lead, Turkey was able to close the gap but still couldn't win. In the 4th set, Turkey succumbed to Cuba's power, especially with Santos' serves.

Turkey's players were cheerful for most of the game until Cuba really opened a huge lead. But the pressure was on Cuba and it showed in their faces. Turkey plays like a typical European team. But it really lacks slides behind the setter and back row attacks. They were also unable to defend against quick attacks in the middle.

I do think Turkey has a lot of potential and only needs more experience to be able to rise in its level of play.

:drink: