2012 Olympic Games

• Russia is imploding!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I'm pissed reading all of the Turkish fans' speculation about game fixing between Korea and China.

Can't we just give credit where credit is due? Korea and China beat Turkey fair and square. Whether Turkey qualifies or not for the quarters, Korea and China and even Brazil will reach the next stage by their own merit and not because of some game fixing allegations.

the thing is Turkish fans said match finished like how it should finish. noone really said it was match-fixing or so. there were a few people saying fixing about the match but they are mainly out of Turkey.

• what happens if russia losses this game? i think both team are already assured to go through the next round, right? who (russia) are they going to play with?

• what happens if russia losses this game? i think both team are already assured to go through the next round, right? who (russia) are they going to play with?

If they lose this match, they would play either Korea or China depending on the results of the drawing of lots. Should ever they beat either of those two, they will most probably face usa in the semis. That's why it's much convenient for Russia to win this game

There will be a draw lots for the 2nd and 3rd place teams from both Pools.

So A2 (loser of Russia-Italy) can play B2 (China) or B3 (Korea).

• I'm pissed reading all of the Turkish fans' speculation about game fixing between Korea and China.

Can't we just give credit where credit is due? Korea and China beat Turkey fair and square. Whether Turkey qualifies or not for the quarters, Korea and China and even Brazil will reach the next stage by their own merit and not because of some game fixing allegations.

Actually, these also based on Korea - China badminton players who were also disqualified. And people are referencing to that.
    So this is an open community discusion, you may well hear that from couple of people here. You have to live with that.

By the way, if you know the scores, Turkey beat Korea (3:2) fair and square.

• 2-1 for italy. come on, russia you can do it!

• If they lose this match, they would play either Korea or China depending on the results of the drawing of lots. Should ever they beat either of those two, they will most probably face usa in the semis. That's why it's much convenient for Russia to win this game

ok. thanks!

• Wow Russia up 8-0!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• 8-0. Let's keep it up, Russia! :thumbup:

• Piccinini is in the match...and gets a kill right away!

• Actually, these also based on Korea - China badminton players who were also disqualified. And people are referencing to that.
    So this is an open community discusion, you may well hear that from couple of people here. You have to live with that.

By the way, if you know the scores, Turkey beat Korea (3:2) fair and square.

And Korea beat Brazil fair and square, as well, so it's not enough that Turkey beat them. In such a balanced group, consistency (or lack of) is key. So, people obviously have the right to call it rigged if they want. But that doesn't make Turkey team any better. Turkey and Brazil are both in this situation because, let's face it, they underperformed big time. And Korea surprised. Before the OG, people considered Brazil and Turkey contenders for medals, most probably 2nd and 3rd force in the pool. And look where they are now. They have no one to blame but themselves. And just to highlight that: I'm sure Turkey won't find the slightest problem in USA using subs against them, while the other 4 teams had the difficulty of facing USA's best. We're calling it fair? And Brazil, on the other hand, is praying to God that USA uses what's best, cause they need it so much. Moral is a tricky business, my fellow. But the reality is that both Turkey and Brazil are in this situation because they failed to do what was expected of them.