2012 Olympic Games

• wow, MVP, based from wikipedia is... DANI LINS!!! :white: :super:

Wiki

she deserves it!!! i take back all the mistrust and negative things i talked about her before. she surprised us in this olympics.... :flower: :obey:

• Alguém aqui faz parte da comunidade "seleção feminina de vôlei" no orkut?

beeeijos

Eu faço, mas não comento muito la .

• I'm so sad that I missed that final, but it should be interesting. After knockout in 1st set Brazil amazingly came back to the match. According to stats I'm really impresssed by Jaqueline 8o - she must have been the best on Brazilian's side. Despite weird decisions with not taking Fabiola, Mari and Camila to London and strugling during group stage girls were so determined to grab the gold, defeating such strong teams as Russia and USA.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• According to the brazilian website Melhor do Vôlei, the individual awards are:

MVP: Kim Yeon-Koung (Coreia do Sul)

Maior pontuadora: Kim Yeon-Koung (Coreia do Sul) - BEST SCORER
    Melhor atacante: Destinee Hooker (Estados Unidos) - BEST SPIKER
    Melhor bloqueadora: Fabiana Claudino (Brasil) - BEST BLOCKER
    Melhor saque: Sheilla Castro (Brasil) - BEST SERVER
    Melhor levantadora: Evgeniya Startseva (Rússia) - BEST SETTER
    Melhor recepção: Fernanda Garay (Brasil) - BEST RECEPTION
    Melhor líbero: Brenda Castillo (República Dominicana) - BEST LIBERO

I do think that Kim was the best player, although I also agree that the MVP should be from the winner. Anyway, I think that the best setter wasn't Startseva... Dani Lins had been way better than her...

• If ever true, well deserved for Dani Lins! So, thrice in a row that a setter has been chosen the MVP in the last 3 olympics.

• If ever true, well deserved for Dani Lins! So, thrice in a row that a setter has been chosen the MVP in the last 3 olympics.

No... In Beijing, the MVP was Paula Pequeno.

• Totally agree, but this category isn't fair, Dani could be first if she plays as starter whole tournament as Startseva, in this category the best are mostly these which played as main whole time, in Russia it's obvious that substitute is on bench always. Except Startseva only Wei and Takeshita were starters in every match,s o their ratigs are the highest, next Berg, Dani Lins and Kim didn't play whole time, so the points are lower due to less attempts of setting and as a result less "running sets".

• Totally agree, but this category isn't fair, Dani could be first if she plays as starter whole tournament as Startseva, in this category the best are mostly these which played as main whole time, in Russia it's obvious that substitute is on bench always.

Yep! ;) But Best Setter award could also have been given to Takeshita.

• Yep! ;) But Best Setter award could also have been given to Takeshita.

Of course Takeshita also desrved for it, her play since many years is on high level, but Evgeniya wasn't as good as Dani, Yoshie and few others.

• And I also thought that the individual awards were usually given to players who were in the semi-finals...

• No... In Beijing, the MVP was Paula Pequeno.

Ugh. Yes, how could I completely forgot. I'm getting senile. :aww: :lol: Fofao was always the MVP in my mind.

• I think it is cause there are no official individual awards in Olympic Games as far as I know.

It is just simbolic from FIVB, so its based on the statistics from all tournament.

• I just do not agree with MVP (Jaqueline for me) Ok, well deserved kim ...and Setter (For me Dani Lins). But anyway ... congratulations to all.

• Ugh. Yes, how could I completely forgot. I'm getting senile. :aww: :lol: Fofao was always the MVP in my mind.

ditto!! :win:

last 2008, i thought the MVP would ultimately be given to either fofao, mari, or logan tom... and in my mind, they are the MVPs :super:

• This is so late, but I'm soooooooo happy that Brazil won. I remember one of the posters here a few years back with a signature saying that "hearts win games". In this finals game, Brazil's heart won the game for them.

My heart goes out to Logan. Sokolova, Artomanova, and Gamova were the legends that started making their mark in the 90s. Logan started to make a name for herself in the International scene in the 2000s era. So to me, she is one of the modern legends of the game. I hope she plays in Rio, but I'm not sure if she will still be in good shape like Dani Scott-Arruda.

The US girls will definitely improve their game. Larson at her best form sometimes reminds me of Logan, and Destinee will still be Destinee for a long time. So I think the US NT still has a bright future after this. I'm still proud of them even with a silver finish.

• ditto!! :win:

last 2008, i thought the MVP would ultimately be given to either fofao, mari, or logan tom... and in my mind, they are the MVPs :super:

Yes. agree with your choices! :thumbup: For the olympics or any other tournament, I think MVP should always be given to the winning team. So Jacque and Dani Lins for me :thumbup:

• Yes. agree with your choices! :thumbup: For the olympics or any other tournament, I think MVP should always be given to the winning team. So Jacque and Dani Lins for me :thumbup:

poor logic :lol: Kim pretty much single handedly pulled korea to quarter finals :cup: Put Kim to current Brazil team and USA won't even have that 1 set lol

• poor logic :lol: Kim pretty much single handedly pulled korea to quarter finals :cup: Put Kim to current Brazil team and USA won't even have that 1 set lol

Kim is great no doubt. But did she win a medal? No. For the most part, Kim was alone. She needs better team mates to get a medal. Plus, the winning team always have certain individuals who were the factor for the victory and made the team play as a team. That, to me, is either Jacque or Dani Lins;)

• I don't know what's Melhor do Vôlei's source. Sure wiki's not very reliable, so, for now, we're out in the dark. :| I don't actually remember when we learned about Paula being MVP 4 years ago. It's weird it's taking so long for this.