2013 World Grand Champions Cup for Women

• Euphoria :cheesy: Great job Japan :heart:

• I didn't like the experiment of the Japan, who played with just on MB. This way they lose Iwasaka, who's one of the tallest player the have and a very good blocker. But it was nice to see Nakamichi setting that kind of pipe in the front row anyway. Nice job. I had no doubt Japan was stronger than this Russia NT.

• Russia always collapsed in the crunch time. In first set, the last 3 points for Japan were Russian errors (1 serve, 2 receptions). In 2nd set, they were up 24-19 and won just 28-26. In 4th set they went from 23-19 to 24-26 eventually. Main problem was reception, but also blocking was bad, Japan got so many balls through triple blocks. It was a very nervous and hectic match by both teams, many long but not necessarily good rallies, and in the end a deserved win for Japan. But I also think the new system is not great...let's see how it works against other teams.

Why is Ebata not playing for Japan? Injured?

• Saori Sakoda :flower: Thanks Manabe for bringing her back! I'll go crazy if I have to wait one more year to watch her again in the NT.

I liked the change. Sakoda is a great hitter, much more reliable than any japenese middles, and she was the major blocker for the japanese team. Also she can help more in other fundamentals like dig than the middles. Nevertheless, I think we need to wait some matches to have a better idea if it'll be really good in the future.
    The match against USA will be a good challenge. The americans are 5-0 this year and their game will create other issues to the japaneses. They have a better reception and perimeter defense. Also their coverage, tools and pancake technique is very good.
    I guess these kinda of competition is harder for the russian play. Few time for training and of course the absence of Kosheleva and Goncharova. It's a high level team that seems to take more time to adjust than the others. I recall last year, when they aren't in a good shape for the olympics european qualification tournament, but played very nice at the world qualification one, and this year, not in a good shape for Montreux and Grad Prix, but very consistent for the European Championship.

• Injured, I believe.

It will be more interesting if Ebata, Kimura, Nagaoka, Shinnabe play together with Sato (or Zayasu) and Haruka. It would be amazing!

• Injured, I believe.

It will be more interesting if Ebata, Kimura, Nagaoka, Shinnabe play together with Sato (or Zayasu) and Haruka. It would be amazing!

I was trying to figure out how Nagaoka could suit this team. I guess Manabe is looking for a balanced game.
    Nakamichi set pretty well today and Ishii also was great. Nevertheless, I gather we'll see a lot of changes in the next years in the japanese team. Maybe it's one of the possibilities.

• Japanese team is really strong! Amazing Saori's & Otake's serves <3

Ganbare Nippon! :box:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Japanese team is really strong! Amazing Saori's & Otake's serves <3

Ganbare Nippon! :box:

Yeah, and the best attacker - Sato :box: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• In 3rd set Russia from 11-17 to 25-23.

So Russia don't 'always' lose in the end of the sets as Someone has said.

• Russia won in 4 sets. Dominican Rep. just missed the best chance they had got to win a medal. In the third set they were ahead, but destroyed a big advantage. They mentally collapsed. I don't understand why Pena spent almost the whole match on the bench, she can't be worse than Rivera. Today Marte was awful, but when Echenique came in she was even worse. I still can't find any skill who makes Shlyakhovaya as good as a russian NT starter: she blocks so so, she serves quite bad, she doesn't score a lot... Morozova as usual was amazing on the net. Rusakova played the best match in NT so far, definetely MVP today...

• Malykh should be main OPP of all the matches in this tournament. she 's younger and much more effective than Isaeva. but It's still good that Marichev gave an opportunity to all player ,Let them show what they've got and gain more experience.

• LIVE NOW!!!
    FIVB Women's Volleyball Grand Champions Cup 2013
    Date: 13 November 2013
    Venue: Nippon Gaishi Hall, Nagoya, Japan

Japan - USA
    World Grand Champions Cup Volleyball 2013
    http://www.sportlemon.tv/20131…fe37.32449678-683526.html

• USA taking the first.. they are playing better.. I think Alisha is setting higher, her sets are more precise today that's for sure.. Still there is some problem between her and Larson, she gives her higher ball Larson is early, she gives her fast Larson is late...