2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• I was telling a true. Than is not rude. 8)

• the final standing can still be changed after the result of the last match day.
    on the pre-condition that the Top 5 would win in other matches tomorrow.

China vs Japan will decide the champion:

(1) China wins, champion goes to China; Serbia will qualify by the 2nd place;

(2) Japan wins, champion goes to Serbia; China may rank 4th
    a) and USA will qualify by the 2nd (if USA win over Japan today)
    b) and Russia will qualify by the 2nd (if USA loses to Japan by 2-3 today)
    c) and Japan will qualify by the 2nd (if USA loses to Japan by 1-3 or 0-3 today)

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I hope for b) but it is to hard....

• oh..still alot of posssibilities :|

• I fully believe in China... and with my bucks [vs Japan tomorrow]... will happily throw my wager on the table to prop that :cup:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Japan can beat today USA, they have some problem and Japan plays 10times better in Japan. Everything is still open for Japan too.

• I believe in Japan :win:

You'd better not. They scheduled to face China in their last day for some reason :rolleyes:

And even if Japan dramatically destroys China (I want to see that though :whistle: ) there still are a lot of different cases. USA must lose to Japan today by 2-3, that's probably the only way for Russia going to qualify.

• Some personal comments on russian players.

Overall - Definitely not their best game and I can't blame for that, despite a 3-0 win over USA, their body seemed severely exhausted, Goncharova being out of shape in most of all sets, Malova and Scherban getting shaky in reception, pathetic performance by both Kosianenko and Startseva.

Orlova - Just a no.
    Scherban - Pretty solid but she didn't have enough energy to fight today, unfortunately Pasynkova has been very very bad through the whole tournament and Ilchenko wasn't even given any chances. But overall she is playing a great tournament.
    Kosianenko - I want her old shape back. Now she seems lazy to dig the balls.
    Lyubushkina - An okay player but not for this level.
    Pasynkova - Very bad as I mentioned above.
    Goncharova - I wish she had more energy to use. Her legs didn't let her jump in the 4th set. I have no idea how her physical conditions will last as ECH is coming very soon. Funny that she didn't yell back at the chinese #1, because I was kinda sure she would. Now she looks more mature, knows how to calm herself down.
    Kosheleva - Some errors but she was the first one to motivate her teammates and last one to fight against chinese.
    Malova - Overall okay, her reception got worse at some point though.
    Fetisova - Very good, the only russian that knows how to block.
    Malykh - Her connection with Startseva (her main setter) has been disastrous. But still okay as sub.

The rest have barely played, so it's hard to make a comment.

• I don't think it's appropriate to say that somebody would punch any player, so I hope moderators will do something with some posts in this thread. And no, you wouldn't do that. :super:

China needs one point to advance to OG so it's very unlikely that Japan is able to beat them in three or four sets.

• @ Monte Pls. Don't replay my post if you want to be annoying as China players. :lol: :lol:

• When they already decided to hold the World Cup in Japan forever, they should figure out how to prevent Japan to adjust the schedule in best way that suits them. They do it for China too. Just look how Japan played with Serbia a day after Serbia had a long and exhausting match against Russia, and that nearly brought them a victory.
    Now Japan plays with the USA the day after the USA-Russia match, just like China, and it was obvious that Russians didn't have enough strength today.. Also they set China to play with USA the day after USA-Serbia. And last match is China-Japan, how wonderful! That will be funny to watch.. The tournament is extremely tiring, and manipulation like this may affect the score, and they do this every time. Ridiculous.

• You'd better not. They scheduled to face China in their last day for some reason :rolleyes:

And even if Japan dramatically destroys China (I want to see that though :whistle: ) there still are a lot of different cases. USA must lose to Japan today by 2-3, that's probably the only way for Russia going to qualify.

Even without such obvious vested interests [though I deem as legitimate] by the host [for the clear purpose of eyeing the AQ], solely on team strength matters China will still win over Japan. Can't remember the last time China under Lang Ping did lose to Japan, even in the Japanese home court, in any match of great importance!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Even without such obvious vested interests [though I deem as legitimate] by the host [for the clear purpose of eyeing the AQ], solely on team strength matters China will still win over Japan. Can't remember the last time China under Lang Ping did lose to Japan, even in the Japanese home court, in any match of great importance!

Are you sure? Japan got a win from China last year's WGP in Hongkong. It was even Japan's B team.

• oh..still alot of posssibilities :|

Yes, some possibilities. but everything will be clearer after the game between USA and Japan.
    for the game between Japan and China. i would rather belive China will win the game by odds of 70% to Japan 30%.
    i cant see any reconstructive changes from japan side this year.

i can recall the WWCup in 2003, China win the champion and the first game against Brazil is the champion deciding match, USA was the favorite but lost their games against Poland and Brazil...very disappointing team in that edition.
    i think this edition will make so many coincidences similar to that.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Now Japan plays with the USA the day after the USA-Russia match, just like China, and it was obvious that Russians didn't have enough strength today.. Also they set China to play with USA the day after USA-Serbia. And last match is China-Japan, how wonderful! That will be funny to watch.. The tournament is extremely tiring, and manipulation like this may affect the score, and they do this every time. Ridiculous.

Am I wrong, or China will play one day after Russia game with Japan, and Japan will play with China one day after game with USA?

And excuse me, but this is World Cup and if you don't have enough energy to play day by day, especially after three set win yesterday, you are maybe not ready to be World Cup gold medalist? Or maybe if you are relying to much on two players, you also may have troubles to win long tournament when every game counts, and it's still not about being exhausted after one game or bad scheduling. Or maybe if you are relying on Obmochaeva since the beginning of the season, she may not be ready to play every game on her normal level in that demanding tournament like WC, especially at the end of it? I'm not saying China or Japan are not having better schedule, but this isn't a case, because these differences aren't that big. Schedule of China and Russia:

Serbia-Algeria-USA-one day break-South Korea-Peru-three days break-Cuba-Kenya-Argentina-three days of break-Dominicana-Russia-Japan
    Dominicana-Japan-Kenya-one day break-Argentina-Cuba-three days break-South Korea-Serbia-Peru-three days of break-USA-China-Algeria

China played two of four most important games at the start of a tournament (it's not comfortable at all) and they play two games in a row with top5 opponents same as Russia. Yes, it's easier to play Russia and Japan than USA and China, but come on, I don't think China was happy to play with Serbia and two days later with USA either. China left Final Six in Nebraska and Obmochaeva was ASFAIK best scorer in internatioal phase of WGP (ore one of bets scorers), best scorer of Final Six and she's one of best scorers right now. On this long distance, it's quite obvious to me that she will fail in some important game (considering the fact that Russia is playing for medals in every competition), but again - it has nothing in common with bad scheduling and more about using some player too much, especially, considering the fact how hard and demanding this season is.

And about behaviour of chinese players.

There are two points on this. Firstly, it's hard not to criticize behaviour like today's of Zheng Chunlei. But secondly, these screams from China in general way aren't against opponent, but it's more maybe overreacted, but enthusiastic reaction tp their game. So I don't get criticizing the fact that they are from other cultural place in a world and behave in that extravertic way to show these emotions on a court.

• Are you sure? Japan got a win from China last year's WGP in Hongkong. It was even Japan's B team.

somebody here already mentioned this earlier, backed by the pdf match sheet, showed Zhu Ting just played partially, but are you sure it's a decisive match for China, a loss that stopped their campaign there? not a rhetorical Q, a real one for I didn't follow that one.

Still, in the quite recent 2015 WGP CHN already defeated JPN thrice incl. in the Saitama.

• somebody here already mentioned this earlier, backed by the pdf match sheet, showed Zhu Ting just played partially, but are you sure it's a decisive match for China, a loss that stopped their campaign there? not a rhetorical Q, a real one for I didn't follow that one.

Still, in the quite recent 2015 WGP CHN already defeated JPN thrice incl. in the Saitama.

Well, I just said the consequences, no such details like that, I don't even remember who played for chinese team that time. I'm not such a big fan of chinese team like you :D Oh and if you want to talk about Zhu's playing time, Japan also played with their B team, Saori Kimura didn't play a full match.