Top Volley 2009

• I don't know which teams are invited. But fact is that Italian, Turkish and German teams played in their leauge yesterday. A good a reason for those teams not to participate and reject the invitation.. About the Asian teams: don't know.

Thank you . So this is an international invitational tournament or something like that.When can we have a real international women's club championship like male's.That would be interesting I think. :lol:

• Cannes won again 3-0. This time against the ducht tram who really surprise me. I like their way of playing with a lot of fast game.
    For Cannes always thé same, good bloc and good defense. A great yaneva. Ravva could be used a little more.

• No big names in Cannes - Ravva and Yaneva are big names :dance6: or may be not big names but big players

• Defense wins matches. Cannes must have good team chemistry.

• Volero takes 3rd place in a very thrilling match. They had match point at 14:9 and already started celebrating on bench but Dutch girls came back with great fight (like they did in the whole match) until Laura Dijkema served out at 13:14 :S

• Volero takes 3rd place in a very thrilling match. They had match point at 14:9 and already started celebrating on bench but Dutch girls came back with great fight (like they did in the whole match) until Laura Dijkema served out at 13:14 :S

You heard what the coach of Volero Zurich said in a time-out in first set? "They fight till the end!". She was right, they did, with sometimes great defences, but at the end they were tired I think. But nice to see when they are 14-9 behind and came back to 14-13:D

• It's not nice losing 15-13 in 5th set, but in my opinion Volero was a little bit better during the whole match, so they deserved the win.

I don't know Volero's players, but on their homepage I saw they have a (very) young team too, just like Amstelveen.

Meijners played well, just like de Kruijff and Steenbergen. I'm a little bit disappointed about Anne Buijs' play this tournament. Okay, she is still very young - she celebrated her 18th birthday a few weeks ago - but I expected more from her as she showed in Basel. Especially in attack. Maybe my expectations are too high ;)
    Marieke, what's your opinion about her performance?

• what a fantastic match brasilian team is playing so far. 1st set was just SUPERB great volleyball quality 2nd set was bit worse due to Cannes worse performance. i especially like Joycinha really good performance so far :)

hope Cannes can turn this match around and win in 5 sets :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Am I the only one with no sound --> Unilever - Cannes?

• It's not nice losing 15-13 in 5th set, but in my opinion Volero was a little bit better during the whole match, so they deserved the win.

I don't know Volero's players, but on their homepage I saw they have a (very) young team too, just like Amstelveen.

Meijners played well, just like de Kruijff and Steenbergen. I'm a little bit disappointed about Anne Buijs' play this tournament. Okay, she is still very young - she celebrated her 18th birthday a few weeks ago - but I expected more from her as she showed in Basel. Especially in attack. Maybe my expectations are too high ;)
    Marieke, what's your opinion about her performance?

Most of what you wrote was right. But the youngest on Volero site was 21, that's almost the oldest on TVC site :D
    Anne was not that good, youre right.Robin plays very well the last weeks, and so in this tournament also.
    Laura did a good job, so young, and then playing whole tournament without second setter.She's just 19 years old
    I had expected that Judith should play,but it was just a few points, and then Robin came for her.

• Can someone post the current score, because the I can't see it in the esportes tv?

• @ Marieke: You're wrong, Koeva is 20, Jenny is 19, Mihajlovic and Rousseaux are only 18, so they're not so much older than TVC ;)

Unilever wins the final quite easy 3:0. It was an exhibition of Brazilian volleyball culture, they were superior in all elements.

• @ raylight

The game is on SSF. http://www.internettv.ch/sport/ssf-live/ssf-livestream Without sound at the moment (for me at laest).

@ Marieke

Well, no 12, was born in 1991 and no 5 in 1989, according to Volero-homepage ;) and there are more...

Yes, Laura did a good job this tournament.

edit: Matthias, you are right.

• @ Marieke: You're wrong, Koeva is 20, Jenny is 19, Mihajlovic and Rousseaux are only 18, so they're not so much older than TVC ;)

Unilever wins the final quite easy 3:0. It was an exhibition of Brazilian volleyball culture, they were superior in all elements.

Brazil team should be banned from these tournaments, they don't play fair, because they are to good to play with us :mad: :cheesy: