Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Congrats to Unilever ! Unilever is the first finalist.

MVP - Amanda.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• How long do you travel to the gym?

About 20 minutes walking, or 5 minutes car..hehehehe It is close. But It was going to be full, as It was 11600 they say officially, but Im pretty sure It was close to 12.000, there were a lot of people staying up! So You have to get early to be able to enter..hehehehe

Unilever won the second set 25-23 :super: Today Rio fans are fantastic :cheesy:

Indeed great party for the fans! It was beautiful! ^^

• Im so happy! :) Amanda definetly made a big difference, she entered with courage, and was really important in reception...but both teams made a lot of mistakes. It was a nervous game. Regiane seemed to not be felling well, she was always measuring her temperature in bench. So Im glad Amanda could enter so well! ^^

The big final now:

14/04 one match only, in Rio.

Unilever x Sollys Osasco!!!! Again..hehehehehehe

• Congrats Unilever, and good luck to Osasco in the final!!! Jaque and Hooker!!! :super:

• Volei Futuro gave away the second set and the match. They need to invest in a better setter. Ana Cristina doesn't make the best setting decisions.

• I think Osasco is favourite in the final. Jaqueline, Thaisa, Adenizia, Hooker (just in play-offs) and Camila Brait are impressive in this season...

I agree, Unilever has a lot to grow, the team is not playing well, but If they can manage to play like they did in half season, I believe Unilever can win! ^^

• I agree, Unilever has a lot to grow, the team is not playing well, but If they can manage to play like they did in half season, I believe Unilever can win! ^^

Yes, Unilever has its chances. Osasco is for sure stronger, but Rio de Janeiro usually doesn't lost finals...

It will be amazing match. I have to say Camila Brait this season in playing well, even better than Fabi.

Adenizia and Thaisa impress me a lot, they touch all the balls in this season; not always rude block, but they touch everything!

No words for Jaqueline, best brasilian outside hitter. I'm in love with her. :heart: Ze Roberto should get her and Fernanda Garay on court in London.

• It was a really nervous match and I was impressed with the mistakes both teams committed.

Vôlei Futuro played like they did in the 1st match and Unilever didn't destroy them like they did in the 1st match of the semifinals because they were too nervous and made too many mistakes. Mari and Sheilla were not scoring at all and instead of serving tactically in order to force Fernanda to set them the balls, they decided to miss the service. The difference in points in every set showed both teams could have won it.

I also agree that VF gave the second set away and also the match when they suffered their black-out after having scored their 22nd point. Paulo Cocco didn't do anything to change that and he could have replaced Joycinha by Ana Tiemi in the back of the court and also Ana Cristina by the substitute opposite in order to have a better blocking and also best options for attacking the ball.

I don't know what's happening to Fernanda Venturini, but she committed terrible mistakes in setting again. I heard she has her knees injured, maybe that's why she is not performing well. It is sad to say that she has been committing awful mistakes in the last matches.

I think that Osasco is by far the favorite team for the final match. They are a much more balanced team, with a much better service reception and taller middle-blockers. I also think that the fact they had one more week to prepare for the final match will help them to recover. I hope they could beat Unilever next Saturday, they have made a terrific campaign so far and the only matches they lost was when Fabiola and Hooker were out of the team because they were injured. From the second half of the preliminary round on, they remain unbeaten and they have an amazing 15-0 win-loss record. They are definitely playing the best volleyball this season.

I heard rumours that a very strong team will be formed for the next season, this team will be hosted in Campinas, which is the second biggest city of São Paulo State. José Roberto Guimarães will be the coach and the players will be Fabiana, Sokolova, Mari, Fofão and Ramirez. I believe such roster is pretty impressive, even though neither Mari nor Fabiana are at the top of their forms this season. Maybe the Campinas team will at last change the story of the Golden Medal Match of the Superliga.

• I'm watching the last video and I've just remembered how I like Valeskinha. I love receiving middle blockers :thumbsup: And it's pleasure to watch Fernanda Venturini once again :!:
    Although I know that it's impossible I hope both of them will return to National Team 8)

And Walewska is great too :!: Oh... I can see so many old friends :lol:

• Unilever players gave a gift to supporters and met with them today in Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas in Rio, to thank for the support and presence in both semifinals match played in Maracanazinho.

Unilever supporters beat the record of this season audience, taking 11.500 people to 2dn semifinal and 11.600 to 3rd semifinal. In total, Unilever took to the gym 15.000 more people during all season then Osasco.

• any news on natalia? has she recovered yet?? :(

• any news on natalia? has she recovered yet?? :(

No not yet, she is already training a bit with the ball, making services, something light. But she cant play for real yet.

She was in all matches from Unilever but in standings, she was pretty much only a marketing player talking to public and everything. I can say she lost a lot of weight! But in other hand also her left leg has pretty much no muscles, is so thin.....she will have to work really hard to regain her power I guess.