Brazilian League 2012/2013

• Why doesn't Gattaz try to come Europe? Even not high level teams, but still she can find a place in more than average team ?(

• Praia Clube was officially presented - http://globoesporte.globo.com/…lmente.html#esporte-volei

The team wants to reach the semifinals of the league. Praia president said an elite team in Brazil today costs around 8 million reais to keep (probably he is talking about Sollys, Unilever and Campinas), and Praia is investing more than 2 millions this season, but they hope to invest more in the next season to come.

• Fab visited today Unilever training to show the girls the medal...and was recieved with flowers from Fofão. Most girls already trianing for more than a month for the next season. Fabi and Natália will present for work 27 August, I dont know yet when Logan and Pavan will arrive.

• me too...I really didnt get it.

Ingrid is the 4th OH in that list. By the way, last season she played as an opposite, but she was always working at the receive. About the setters, the coach Talmo was worried about Carol Albuquerque's shape, and then they prefer to keep Marcelinha. 6 MB is not necessary. I was surprised when they announced Fabiana, Marina, Nati, Fran and Bia, really surpised.

• Ednéia Anjos de Souza Lima (MB - Pinheiros) in Sollys Osasco.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Ingrid is the 4th OH in that list. By the way, last season she played as an opposite, but she was always working at the receive. About the setters, the coach Talmo was worried about Carol Albuquerque's shape, and then they prefer to keep Marcelinha. 6 MB is not necessary. I was surprised when they announced Fabiana, Marina, Nati, Fran and Bia, really surpised.

Yes, about the Ingrid thing, I figured. I'm still a bit disappointed that Suelle signed with Sesi cause I wanted her to be a starter, even if it was in a smaller budget team. This year is in important, cause the possible new faces in the roster of the NT's will be based on how well they do in the clubs season.
    It's true that Sesi signed some players that can play in different positions, like Ingrid that you mentioned, as well as Tandara (OP/OH) and Roberta (OP/MB). I think I'd prefer a starter team with Sassá and Suelle as OH's and Tandara as OPP. I'm sure Lili can still do it, but I really don't like Tandara's reception and I think this could give more roster options for Sesi. They could rely more on their endless MB's, for instance. Don't think it'll happen but I reckon with this formation even Bia could be a starter, cause she's got such potential.
    The 6 MB's thing is bizarre, though. I was sure Natália would leave the team after last season and, also, it's such a waste having good young promising MB's like Francynne and Bia with no chance of playing. Also Juliana Paes as 3rd libero, seems also, such a waste. :| Sesi didn't need to sign so many players. I hope they can lend at least a couple of MB's.

• thank you yates and voleielite..I didsn't know about Ingrid and all this options for SESI! anyway I still think that 6 MB are too much and I hope as yates said they'll lend some..

• i just watched one time Osasco-Unilever match<<<i have no idea about the otherr teams in Brasilian league...can you define Brasilian league?
    what are the strongest points of the league ? what about the other teams' level?

• i just watched one time Osasco-Unilever match<<<i have no idea about the otherr teams in Brasilian league...can you define Brasilian league?
    what are the strongest points of the league ? what about the other teams' level?

Unilever and Osasco had played in the last 8 years the final of Brazil league, so I guess that van give you an indicator. Though other teams had tried to make investments, like São Caetano and then Volei Futuro and now Campinas, the truth is was never enough, Unilever and Osasco always managed to reach finals.

They are the best teams in the country, the ones with biggest investments...

and other than 3 or 4 other teams each season that try to compete, the rest dont have a good level.

This season Campinas, Praia Clube, SESI and maybe Minas can make something happen, but I honestly doubt it.

• I believe they are one of the best teams in the world as well. I think Brazilian league is SO underrated. They have A LOT of good local players, nearly all the Brazilian NT players play there and I believe if some high level foreign players(like this year:Tom, Pavan etc) would go to play there, the league's level might be even the best in the world. If I was a volleyball player, I would do everything to play in Brazilian league. Great country, great cities, great attendion to the matches and hot/fiery spectators :super: Just awesome :cheesy:

• I believe they are one of the best teams in the world as well. I think Brazilian league is SO underrated. They have A LOT of good local players, nearly all the Brazilian NT players play there and I believe if some high level foreign players(like this year:Tom, Pavan etc) would go to play there, the league's level might be even the best in the world. If I was a volleyball player, I would do everything to play in Brazilian league. Great country, great cities, great attendion to the matches and hot/fiery spectators :super: Just awesome :cheesy:

I agree with part of what you wrote. Definetly we have many good local players, but they are not enough, specially phisicly speaking. But like you wrote If we could manage to bring some foreigners would definetly make the league really strong...the problem is that only the big teams for now are open to afford foreginers...I mean...is great that Pavan, Tom, Vasileva are coming.....but I hope in next years also other teams bring foreigners...dont have to be huge international names, but dominicans, cubans, they are cheap for our market, and could definetly help smaller teams. There are rumors, Minas still looking for two foreigners from NCAA. WE will see...I hope this become more commom in next seasons.

The problem is that the organization does not help, the tv cant speak the sponsors names...which suck, and is just ridiculous...so many good investments that we could have, end up not being concret, or closing after few years, like it was with Blausiegel and Volei Futuro. :(

• Yes, about the Ingrid thing, I figured. I'm still a bit disappointed that Suelle signed with Sesi cause I wanted her to be a starter, even if it was in a smaller budget team. This year is in important, cause the possible new faces in the roster of the NT's will be based on how well they do in the clubs season.
    It's true that Sesi signed some players that can play in different positions, like Ingrid that you mentioned, as well as Tandara (OP/OH) and Roberta (OP/MB). I think I'd prefer a starter team with Sassá and Suelle as OH's and Tandara as OPP. I'm sure Lili can still do it, but I really don't like Tandara's reception and I think this could give more roster options for Sesi. They could rely more on their endless MB's, for instance. Don't think it'll happen but I reckon with this formation even Bia could be a starter, cause she's got such potential.
    The 6 MB's thing is bizarre, though. I was sure Natália would leave the team after last season and, also, it's such a waste having good young promising MB's like Francynne and Bia with no chance of playing. Also Juliana Paes as 3rd libero, seems also, such a waste. :| Sesi didn't need to sign so many players. I hope they can lend at least a couple of MB's.

Me too. I think Suelle has a such potential and should be in the starting six. Well, she have chances to show her volleyball to Talmo (coach), 'cause SESI doesn't have Tandara and Sassá (injury) yet, and she played the SP CUP and on Wednesday, Sesi's team will play the "Paulista" and then she could be a great option for the future. I prefer Tandara as an OPP, and Lili in the bench. Last season she was terrible. About the MB, Bia has potential, and exactly like Suelle, she's one of the starting six in the last competition that Sesi played, but IMO Natália and Marina are more prepared then her to be titular like Fabiana!

• I know that before Superliga games there will be States championships. I see that Sportv2 will show men's match of Campeonato Paulista tomorrow. Can anybody tell me more about these States championships (women's of course) - do the best teams and players participate, will tv show it, is it worth following?

• I agree with part of what you wrote. Definetly we have many good local players, but they are not enough, specially phisicly speaking. But like you wrote If we could manage to bring some foreigners would definetly make the league really strong...the problem is that only the big teams for now are open to afford foreginers...I mean...is great that Pavan, Tom, Vasileva are coming.....but I hope in next years also other teams bring foreigners...dont have to be huge international names, but dominicans, cubans, they are cheap for our market, and could definetly help smaller teams. There are rumors, Minas still looking for two foreigners from NCAA. WE will see...I hope this become more commom in next seasons.

The problem is that the organization does not help, the tv cant speak the sponsors names...which suck, and is just ridiculous...so many good investments that we could have, end up not being concret, or closing after few years, like it was with Blausiegel and Volei Futuro. :(

:what: :what: What a bullshit :down: The sponsors' main aim is to be heard on the TV with using volleyball. If you block that, then any company would like to be sponsor for the teams. This problem must be solved as soon as possible.

About the foreigners, Dominicans and Cubas would help the smaller teams really. They wouldn't be 'foreign' there , I mean, the cultures of these countries are very alike. Probably, maybe the reason why Europeans don't choose Brazil is that they might be afraid of playing so far away from home, in other continent. I hope Vasileva will break that and many Europeans will play there. The other reason might be the salary of course.

• :what: :what: What a bullshit :down: The sponsors' main aim is to be heard on the TV with using volleyball. If you block that, then any company would like to be sponsor for the teams. This problem must be solved as soon as possible.

That's almost impossible to change. The TV channel "Globo" just call the teams by the name of the city, no "free merchandising", as they say :aww:

At the same time, our federation supports that, because they sells the rights of transmission to them :whistle:

• I know that before Superliga games there will be States championships. I see that Sportv2 will show men's match of Campeonato Paulista tomorrow. Can anybody tell me more about these States championships (women's of course) - do the best teams and players participate, will tv show it, is it worth following?

Yes, well, as you probably know :) Brazil is splitted in States, so each team plays the tournament in reference to the State where they are located.

Since we dont have much teams, most of them are in Southeast region, the most important tournaments are Paulista (where play the teams from the State of São Paulo, like Osasco, SESI, Pinheiros, Campinas, São Caetano,...), Carioca (from Rio, where Unilever play...the other teams usually are Junior teams from soccer clubs like Flamengo, Fluminense, also Macaé plays, and so on) and Mineiro (teams from Minas Gerais, like Minas and Praia Clube, there was also Mackenzie last year, but unfortunettly the team is over this season).

Apart from Paulista, that has more teams, and more importance, the other State championships, usually have only one or two teams that play in Superliga, the other are smaller clubs, so they are usually not broadcasted. In Rio Sportv usually broadcast only the final match. Paulista is different, the tournament has more importance, so Sportv usually broadcast it more games.

To be honest with you I dont know the dates still of these games, but I know Paulista is about to start, or already started. CArioca dont have the dates yet, but Unilever is already trainning for it (but I doubt Logan or Pavan play this tournament). Maybe someone else here can give you the dates, Ill look more for it and let you know. ;)

• :what: :what: What a bullshit :down: The sponsors' main aim is to be heard on the TV with using volleyball. If you block that, then any company would like to be sponsor for the teams. This problem must be solved as soon as possible.

About the foreigners, Dominicans and Cubas would help the smaller teams really. They wouldn't be 'foreign' there , I mean, the cultures of these countries are very alike. Probably, maybe the reason why Europeans don't choose Brazil is that they might be afraid of playing so far away from home, in other continent. I hope Vasileva will break that and many Europeans will play there. The other reason might be the salary of course.

Yes, you are right, indeed, here is very far away for someone close to family come to play. So I guess usually only younger europeans like Vasileva would come, cause Its a different experience, and I do think she will grow so much, cause we have very different training system than most european teams. Brazilian volleyball is based in a lot hours of training, tecnical training, and that dont happen offen in Europe, also cause of the lack of time, with the travels for Champions League and so on. So Its is a completelly different system, and that can add so much for them.

Since the distance is a problem, the players end up being really expensive for our clubs. Cause You know to take them away from Europe costs more than for a club in there already, in a way to be worth it for the player to leave Europe. But like I said, If the players think about the experience they will gain, I think can be a good try and like you I do hope Pavan and Vasileva can adapt well here. ^^

It is a shit thing the sponsoring thing, It is absurd, but ITs how is the Brazilian league. I dont blame only the Tv, though I think is stupid from they part as well. I blame most our Federation. They totally accept it. The thing is CBV only care for the National Teams...so in that, the tv agreement interests them, cause they offer more money and show a lot of the NT in Tv, but when comes to the league It is awfull. CBV has no commitment with our league, and that is why I dont think we can say we have a strong league. It is just something you can't trust, the rules changes all the time, the lack of organization itself like time of games, the days, big sponsors leaving all the time (and not cause of a economic crise or anything like in Europe, what misses here is not the money, but the interest!!!Which for me makes a lot worse). So while we dont fix that, It will be really hard for Brazil to be considered one of the bests leagues in the world. My opinion of course. ^^