Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• Yeah! She was born in Camaguey (Cuba) and moved to Spain when she was a child. Today she played really good :obey:

Thanks for info :win:

• I'm living in Eichstaett now and I have found out that there is a team here in Bayern,Vilsbiburg but I can't go to see a match because they are all at 19.00 or 20.00 and the last train for my town leaves at 20.00 :wall: :wall: :wall:

• Quite a few surprises yesterday...

VT Aurubis Hamburg - USC Münster 0:3 (21:25, 22:25, 18:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2051.pdf
    MVP: Flore Gravesteijn / Ashley Benson
    In some way I am "happy" that Hamburg lost so clearly despite signing another setter, because I really don't think this was/is their main problem. Once again the coach played a different line-up with Ammerman as OPP and Wedekind on bench. Usually I'm not a big fan of coach firings during the season, but von Soosten doesn't seem to be doing a good job...

Köpenicker SC Berlin - Allianz MTV Stuttgart 0:3 (21:25, 18:25, 24:26)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2052.pdf
    MVP: Shannon Hawari / Rebecca Pavan
    After several bad matches, Stuttgart finally won one again, but according to the match report, Köpenick made it pretty easy for them in the first two sets.

Ladies in black AACHEN - VolleyStars Thüringen 0:3 (20:25, 15:25, 18:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2049.pdf
    MVP: Jordanne Scott / Mareike Hindriksen
    Surprising result, especially surprisingly clear. Aachen was leading 20:17 in 1st set, then Thüringen made 8 consecutive points with Claudia Steger on serve. After that, Thüringen's serve dominated the game and Aachen's setters couldn't use the MBs well, and among the other players only Scott could kill balls. Bednarova 1/16 in attack :white:

Schweriner SC - SC Potsdam 2:3 (25:21, 25:27, 25:18, 21:25, 10:15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2050.pdf
    MVP: Jana Franziska Poll / Nikol Sajdova
    Looks like Schwerin is developing a Potsdam-complex since the playoff QF last season :lol: I think they urgently need to find another OPP because Vilponen and Aulenbrock both aren't good, and the OHs also aren't the kind of players who can score 25 points in every match.

VC Wiesbaden - Dresdner SC 3:0 (25:15, 25:22, 25:23)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2053.pdf
    MVP: Rebecca Schäperklaus / Becky Perry
    Strange things around here....Dresden started without Apitz and Perry, at least Perry entered later but as OPP and Izquierdo played as OH. Also strange MVP choice, according to the stats Schäperklaus was Wiesbaden's weakest player, so either stats don't tell the whole story or Waibl once again proved himself as a bad loser (he also got a yellow card in 2nd set)...

Ranking:
    1 VC Wiesbaden 9 21:8 21
    2 Dresdner SC 8 19:10 17
    3 Schweriner SC 8 18:12 16
    4 SC Potsdam 8 20:14 15
    5 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 8 17:11 15
    6 USC Münster 8 17:15 13
    7 Ladies in black AACHEN 8 13:15 11
    8 VolleyStars Thüringen 9 17:21 11
    9 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 8 11:18 9
    10 Köpenicker SC Berlin 8 10:21 5
    11 VT Aurubis Hamburg 8 6:24 2

• About the Americans...Jenna Hagglund for me is the best setter in Bundesliga now. Apitz and Radenkovic are very close, but Hagglund has that little "extra" something in her playing style. I don't understand why Kiraly never lets her play in NT, especially when Glass had some bad matches. Lamb is a very good and powerful MB, if she hadn't had a bad knee injury some years ago she probably would have played in some top teams already. Becky Perry is probably the best OH in the league now, she's an absolutely dominating attacker both from 4 and from backrow. In Dresden she doesn't receive now (Izquierdo as OPP is receiving), so I don't know how good she is there, but judging by her attacking performance she should get a chance to play in NT. Michelle Bartsch isn't so good, she is one of those players who benefits a lot from her height (1.93), but she is pretty slow and heavy and sometimes awkward in defense.

What about how Shannon Hawari has played? I know she is not in a top team, but I think she has potential to be top-class middle. Very well-balanced.

• Wiesbaden - Dresden

Hamburg - Münster

Three matches will be broadcasted as 1 camera stream this Saturday:
    07.12.2013 | 17:30 Uhr | Dresdner SC – Köpenicker SC Berlin
    07.12.2013 | 18:30 Uhr | SC Potsdam – Ladies in Black Aachen
    07.12.2013 | 19:00 Uhr | Rote Raben Vilsbiburg – VC Wiesbaden

Schwerin wants to sign another attacker before the Cup semifinal on 14 December...

• Some things are broken in this league.

- A favourite teams coach is a bad loser. Did he really think to win in Wiesbaden without Apitz and Perry?
    - A team going insolvent before the season is on top of the league. I understand that Wiesbaden tries best for their team, so no insult to them! But in German sports it is usual to descent after insolvency. But here the team could stay in league. Bad decision by DVL (German volleyball league).

All other things are ok! Münster plays a really good role with a young team. Stuttgart plays a bad role after firing their coach (at least until last weekend). We will see an interesting season. Also teams playing pre-playoffs could reach the half final if they win against Wiesbaden in quarter finals. Vilsbiburg has a problem if one or more players of their main team are injured. Also Dresden and Schwerin have problems if top players are injured. We will see who is the new attacker in Schwerin (I hope she will join the team after next sunday ^^)

• We will see who is the new attacker in Schwerin (I hope she will join the team after next sunday ^^)

It's Tatyana Mudritskaya from Kazakhstan. At the moment she is still listed as not allowed to play on DVL website, probably the international transfer certificate from FIVB hasn't arrived yet.

• It's Tatyana Mudritskaya from Kazakhstan. At the moment she is still listed as not allowed to play on DVL website, probably the international transfer certificate from FIVB hasn't arrived yet.

Update: now she is listed as "spielberechtigt", so she can make her debut against Münster on Sunday...

• Update: now she is listed as "spielberechtigt", so she can make her debut against Münster on Sunday...

IMO she is a very good player for Schwerin. She quite impressed me in WGP 2013 :super:

• IMO she is a very good player for Schwerin. She quite impressed me in WGP 2013 :super:

Ok! I'll have a look at her on sunday :-)
    The teams seem to think to need a new player if they play against USC Münster. Great!

I don't like it that Schwerin again don't trust in their young players.

Dresden: I like it how they trust in Izquierdo and Langgemach and also in Schwabe.
    Vilsbiburg: Geerties is good enough to be in first squad. Also Pogany after the injury of Miyashiro. But I think also think that they should trust in Stigrot instead of Liana Mesa!
    Münster: I really like it that Schwertmann, Silge and Kemmsies get so much chances this season. And also that von Piekartz is first setter :-) Louisa Lippmann will play for second team this weekend (only part of the game) after her injury, but she hopefully will have her comeback in first league in january or february :-)

• Ok! I'll have a look at her on sunday :-)
    The teams seem to think to need a new player if they play against USC Münster. Great!

I don't like it that Schwerin again don't trust in their young players.

Dresden: I like it how they trust in Izquierdo and Langgemach and also in Schwabe.
    Vilsbiburg: Geerties is good enough to be in first squad. Also Pogany after the injury of Miyashiro. But I think also think that they should trust in Stigrot instead of Liana Mesa!
    Münster: I really like it that Schwertmann, Silge and Kemmsies get so much chances this season. And also that von Piekartz is first setter :-) Louisa Lippmann will play for second team this weekend (only part of the game) after her injury, but she hopefully will have her comeback in first league in january or february :-)

About the young players: Geerties and Izquierdo are very good players, that's why they are starting in their teams, not just because they're young. On the other hand, Langgemach only plays because Pencova is injured, and Schwabe should be playing much more because Marcelle has not been good at all in the last few matches. In that sense, Münster is actually the only team that trusted young players from the beginning of the season and continues this path, and results prove them right.
    About Schwerin...which young players are they supposed to trust?? I find it good that Imoudu is 2nd setter instead of Joachim now, and she shows some good things whenever she plays, but apart from that....OK, Carina Aulenbrock should have played instead of Vilponen after Hippe's injury, because Vilponen simply is a nightmare. She can hit VERY hard, but she has a strange armswing and because of that she has very little control about where she hits the ball, especially from position 2. But Schwerin with their ambitions simply had to sign another OPP player...and in my opinion it was a big mistake to trust Janine Völker as only libero, for me she is one of the weakest liberos in 1st league.

Felix Koslowski said that he already wanted to sign Mudritskaya in summer after watching her in WGP but then it did not happen. She lived in Cyprus with her husband and her 3 year old son in the last years.

• In Schwerin only those young players develop well who are good enough to play on field in the moment they join the team. Others don't seem to get better there. Tanja Joachim was first setter of junior national team (before Lucia Kaiser). Where is her talent gone? Lisa Stein was a very talented player two years ago, she did attack harder than most other players in second league and was 17 years young. Where is her talent gone? Is it motivation for the homegrown talents if they "buy" other talents from cameroon or brazil that are not really much better? Is it motivation if they did not even play against VCO Berlin last season? Both have only a chance to develop again if they change to another team of first league, Köpenick or Hamburg. And also Carina Aulenbrock should leave Schwerin, I don't think she has a realistic chance there! I thought that it would get better with Koslowski but it don't seems so. And if Schwerins first setter gets injured during next weeks they will definitely search for another one and don't trust in Imoudu.
    And the volleyball magazine made interview with Evers, one of the acting persons in Schwerin. This was fun :mad:
    If he wants to do something for german talents he should close Bundesstützpunkt Schwerin and give Hamburg a chance to do it better!

• Hanne Haugen Aas is playing an excellent game so far! 7 blocks in 2 sets already...

Dresden needs 9 set points to win 2nd set 33:31, after leading 24:20 already :white: Köpenick is not playing bad at all but the individual quality of players like Apitz and Perry helps Dresden today.

• Dresden again with trouble in 3rd set but they win 3:0

Aachen's reception is terrible and the quality of their own serving is quite low too...so easy 1st set for Potsdam. Rivero even scores with the head :lol:
    Gründing was limping off the court after colliding with another player in defense. Murray hasn't played yet.

Vilsbiburg starts without Mesa and Geerties. That should make it easy for Wiesbaden...and for them Ivanovic is starting for the first time this season after her shoulder surgery :)

• Dresdner SC - Köpenicker SC Berlin 3:0 (25:20, 33:31, 26:24)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2056.pdf
    MVP: Becky Perry / Hanne Haugen Aas
    Köpenick put up a very good fight, in the beginning they could control Perry very well in block, but later in the match Perry became the decisive player for Dresden once again.

SC Potsdam - Ladies in black AACHEN 1:3 (25:17, 21:25, 19:25, 15:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2059.pdf
    MVP: Lisa Rühl / Femke Stoltenborg
    Potsdam started very well and Aachen very bad, but in the middle of 2nd set the game changed completely. Jessica Rivero had 14/18 in attack at 2nd TTO of 2nd set and finished the match with 19/45 :white: Marie Murray made her debut for Potsdam today, I think when she is a longer time in the team she can help more than Gründing and Jelic for sure.

Rote Raben Vilsbiburg - VC Wiesbaden 0:3 (20:25, 21:25, 21:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2055.pdf
    MVP: Lena Stigrot / Karine Muijlwijk
    Mesa didn't play at all, Geerties came in 2nd set for Bartsch. Vilsbiburg could defend 5 match points in the end but other than that it was a quite easy game for Wiesbaden. They were very well prepared and organised tactically, once again Kaisa Alanko made a very good job in game distribution so all attackers could play well.

Allianz MTV Stuttgart - VT Aurubis Hamburg 3:1 (25:18, 20:25, 25:15, 25:23)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2057.pdf
    MVP: Deborah van Daelen / Izabela Sliwa
    Stuttgart in 1st set went from 12:18 to 25:18 with van Daelen on serve :white: :super: Their new setter Megan Cyr played most of the match. Hamburg without their best player Anika Brinkmann, no info yet why...this probably was Hamburg's last chance to win a match in the first half of the season, second half will be very hard for them now.

Tomorrow: Münster - Schwerin

• Is Katy Radzuweit still playing?