Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• USC Münster - Köpenicker SC Berlin 3:2 (32:30, 19:25, 25:15, 22:25, 15:7)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2046.pdf
    MVP: Ines Bathen / Shannon Hawari
    In 5th set, Münster started with 10:0 with Ines Bathen on serve, probably that's why she got MVP...

Ranking (matches played - sets won-lost - points)
    1 VC Wiesbaden 8 18:8 18
    2 Dresdner SC 7 19:7 17
    3 Schweriner SC 7 16:9 15
    4 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 8 17:11 15
    5 SC Potsdam 7 17:12 13
    6 Ladies in black AACHEN 7 13:12 11
    7 USC Münster 7 14:15 10
    8 VolleyStars Thüringen 8 14:21 8
    9 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 7 8:18 6
    10 Köpenicker SC Berlin 7 10:18 5
    11 VT Aurubis Hamburg 7 6:21 2

• Romina Lamas is new player of Stuttgart :drink:

No, she is not. They were in negotiations, but before they could make a deal, Lamas got a better offer from a club in Baku (the article doesn't mention which one) so she is going there and Stuttgart keeps looking for another setter.
    Source

Saskia Hippe had the surgery for her knee today, everything went well.

• Matthias Hamburg is interested in a challege cup? because they are last in the league Thanks

Last season they finished 7th, but the 4th, 5th and 6th ranked teams didn't want to play in Europe for financial reasons, so Hamburg took the spot. They are not rich either, so they have a not so good roster this season, and I think their coach is also not good. He tries something new in almost every match instead of relying on the same line-up for a few matches to give them time to improve as team...

• It's quite surprising that a 18 years old is top scorer, top server and top attacker of Bundesliga. I'm talking about Jessica Rivero. If she keeps playing like this, I think best teams in Europe will be interested in her next season.

http://www.volleyball-bundesli…1blf_spielerranking.xhtml

Definitely! And what I also find remarkable is that a middle blocker, Ashley Benson, is 2nd best scorer with only 1 point less than Rivero. Last season when she came to Münster she said her goal is to be in USA NT in 2016 Olympics, and right now she is on a good way :thumbup:

• Ashley Benson

Every year, many unknown players enter the transfer market of big teams after they play in Bundesliga. (last year it was mainly Dutchies; Femke Stoltenborg, Laura Dijkema, Quinta Steenbergen, Robin de Kruijf, Anne Bujs, Lonneke Sloetjes and Judith Pietersen. Also Angie Bland, Laura Heyrman, Sonja Newcombe, Hana Cutura )

What do you think about this year? Many Finnish player are playing this season in Bundesliga but none of them has shined yet. I think this year will be Slovakian's turn. Both Hroncekova and Pencova seemed very decent. Also Radosova was very efficient before she got injured. What can you say about Viestova, Crkonova , Valachova and Nemcova? Or American players Hagglund, Lamb, Perry, Bartsch, Miyashiro? Or Dutchies Karine Muijlwijk, Deborah van Daelen and Yvon Belien? What about Norwegian Hanne Haugen Aas and Canadian Rebecca Pavan? :teach:

• I don't agree that none of the Finnish players have shined. 20 year old setter Kaisa Alanko (Wiesbaden) made a very good impression on me so far. She is not a spectacular player, but has very good basic skills and I think she can become a really good player.

About the Slovaks, all of them play in NT already...Radosova has played in Austria since she was 16 I think and she has always been a great talent, but there she only had a few high level matches in European Cups every season because Austrian league is very weak. Potsdam has already stated that they want to keep her for next season and I hope she will stay. The MBs Hroncekova, Pencova and Crkonova all are good players too, and all still young. Valachova has already played CL last season and I like her a lot, but her reception could be better....her defense is great though, and I love the way she acts on court, always motivating her teammates etc. Nikola Nemcova is only bench player, but compared to last season she made good progress and gets more playing time now...
    I think Slovak NT in the next few years has a chance to be Top 10 in Europe if the young players continue to develop well and stay healthy.

About the Americans...Jenna Hagglund for me is the best setter in Bundesliga now. Apitz and Radenkovic are very close, but Hagglund has that little "extra" something in her playing style. I don't understand why Kiraly never lets her play in NT, especially when Glass had some bad matches. Lamb is a very good and powerful MB, if she hadn't had a bad knee injury some years ago she probably would have played in some top teams already. Becky Perry is probably the best OH in the league now, she's an absolutely dominating attacker both from 4 and from backrow. In Dresden she doesn't receive now (Izquierdo as OPP is receiving), so I don't know how good she is there, but judging by her attacking performance she should get a chance to play in NT. Michelle Bartsch isn't so good, she is one of those players who benefits a lot from her height (1.93), but she is pretty slow and heavy and sometimes awkward in defense.

About the Dutch players...Karine Muijlwijk is simply not tall enough to play on highest level as OPP, she is very athletic and dynamic but she has no chances against a solid block. Van Daelen this season plays as OH and this is bad for her, she is a good attacker but a very weak receiver and opponents serve everything her way. Belien is a very talented MB, she is just 20 years old and I think she'll be really good in some years. She just needs to be faster on her feet sometimes...

Hanne Haugen Aas already played in Schwerin 2 seasons ago but wasn't good enough for them back then, now she is in a weaker team and there she is one of the best players. Rebecca Pavan (sister of Sarah) was the best blocker of the league last season, but in summer she had a stress fracture in her leg and at the moment she's not as good as last season yet. But then, in Stuttgart nobody plays well at the moment. However I think she has the potential to be a very good player too...

• Apparently, Hippe's injury was worse than expected, so the recovery process will be more difficult too :(
    She'll have to walk completely with crutches for 6 weeks and after that she can slowly start to put pressure on the leg, but she'll need crutches for a total of 3 months until she can just walk normally again :white:

• Thanks a lot for info Matthias :drink: Great analysis as usual :read: In last 5-6 years Slovakian Youth and Junior NT has always reached at top 5-6 and played at world championships. As Belgium's golden youth generation got matured and reached bronze medal, I also expect Slovakian's make some interesting results in next years :box:

• Live broadcasts on http://www.dvllive.tv for this weekend (all as 1 camera stream)

30.11.2013 | 16:00 Uhr | Rote Raben Vilsbiburg II vs. Allgäu Team Sonthofen (2nd league)
    30.11.2013 | 18:00 Uhr | VT Aurubis Hamburg – USC Münster
    30.11.2013 | 19:00 Uhr | Schweriner SC – SC Potsdam

Jessica Rivero had a small injury during the week but she'll be able to play tomorrow. Potsdam had a Canadian player in training in the last two weeks but there is no info yet if they ended up signing her.
    For Hamburg, it's almost the last chance to win a match in the first half of the season tomorrow. Among the remaining opponents, only Stuttgart is another team they can beat.

• Hamburg's new Serbian setter has Jovana Gogic has started vs Münster wearing number 4, and so far, so good :thumbsup:

Edit: Here's the press release

Obviously not good enough ;( . Just wanted to switch in and game is already over. 0:3 (-21, -22, -18 ).
    For your information: Gogic is on loan from Volero Zurich until the end of the season.

btw, she looks quite nice....

• Hamburg's new Serbian setter has Jovana Gogic has started vs Münster wearing number 4, and so far, so good :thumbsup:

Edit: Here's the press release

Hamburg NUUUULL
    Münster DREI

:win:

• Congrats to Potsdam :flower: :flower:

They impressed me today. Epspecially the MBs, the setter and of course Rivero :white:

@ elchicha

Jessica must have Cuban roots, doesn't she ??? At least, she jumps like a Cuban player :P :P