Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• DOL for Cup semifinals (14 December):
    Rote Raben Vilsbiburg - Schweriner SC
    Dresdner SC - VolleyStars Thüringen

EDIT: According to some FB comments, the DOL was (again) very suspicious :whistle: One of the balls containing the club name was already lying open in the bowl...fans who watched it are very angry and I can understand it, after the QF DOL was made behind closed doors now there are controversies again :wall:

The ball lying open in the bowl has been taken out BEFORE the DOL and was replaced by a sealed one. The open ball had therefore nothing to do with the DOL whatsoever.

• MVP Vilsbiburg - Aachen: Jenna Hagglund / Tatiana Crkonova

• The ball lying open in the bowl has been taken out BEFORE the DOL and was replaced by a sealed one. The open ball had therefore nothing to do with the DOL whatsoever.

Thanks for the info, I didn't watch it myself so I just reported what I read on FB.

However, VfB Suhl aka Thüringen officially protested against the DOL of quarterfinals (which was made behind closed doors) and the decision of DVV court is still pending...I don't think anything will change though...

• Thanks for the info, I didn't watch it myself so I just reported what I read on FB.

However, VfB Suhl aka Thüringen officially protested against the DOL of quarterfinals (which was made behind closed doors) and the decision of DVV court is still pending...I don't think anything will change though...

In my opinion Suhl had every right to protest against the DOL of quarterfinals. The DOL MUST be made official!
    Today the DOL in Vilsbiburg was filmed by a local tv station and i hope they´ll upload this video on their website.

The ball lying open in the bowl has been taken out BEFORE the DOL and was replaced by a sealed one. The open ball had therefore nothing to do with the DOL whatsoever.

You're right in the first part: The first broken ball was repaired before the DOL (maybe too good, because they had problems opening one of the balls of the first lot ;) ...)

Then the bowl was mixed for the second draw and again one ball opened in the bowl, but was drawn anyways.

• You're right in the first part: The first broken ball was repaired before the DOL (maybe too good, because they had problems opening one of the balls of the first lot ;) ...)

Then the bowl was mixed for the second draw and again one ball opened in the bowl, but was drawn anyways.

I have to say i did not see, that one ball opened in the bowl. I was probably laughing too hard, because of the problems they had opening the other ball...

• I loved that the DJ played the hammer song when they were working on the tenacious ball. :lol:

But then I really was shocked... This is very bad for our sport. I hope they will put the "on demand"-version of the game on dvl-live.tv.

Couldn´t agree more.

• Due to the irregularities during the DOL for Cup semifinal, DVV decided to annullate the draw and make a new DOL. It's probably going to be made after tomorrow's top match Dresden - Vilsbiburg (live on http://www.dvl-live.tv on 17.30 CET).
    Dresden has already announced to protest against this decision because they already started the ticket sale and made sponsoring contracts for the semifinal. And in addition to that, there still is no decision about Suhl's protest against the DOL of quarterfinal, and in theory it's possible that the already played quarterfinals will be annullated as well and there would be a new, public DOL for those and a new round of quarterfinals :white:
    I really don't think this will happen though, it's impossible to squeeze even more matches into the already tight schedule of league, cup and European cups...

• Due to the irregularities during the DOL for Cup semifinal, DVV decided to annullate the draw and make a new DOL. It's probably going to be made after tomorrow's top match Dresden - Vilsbiburg (live on http://www.dvl-live.tv on 17.30 CET).
    Dresden has already announced to protest against this decision because they already started the ticket sale and made sponsoring contracts for the semifinal. And in addition to that, there still is no decision about Suhl's protest against the DOL of quarterfinal, and in theory it's possible that the already played quarterfinals will be annullated as well and there would be a new, public DOL for those and a new round of quarterfinals :white:
    I really don't think this will happen though, it's impossible to squeeze even more matches into the already tight schedule of league, cup and European cups...

:white: :white: Chaos... :whistle:

• :white: :white: Chaos... :whistle:

?( :lol: :lol: :wall:

Great stuff, really. DVL is demanding professionalism from their clubs, is penalizing the smallest misconduct and then this.....
    OK, shit happens, but messing up a simple thing like a drawing of lots twice is really beyond believe.

• Dresdner SC - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 3:0 (25:19; 26:24; 25:20)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2044.pdf
    MVP: Rebecca Perry/Jennifer Geerties

New drawing of lots for the DVV Cup seminals:

Dresdner SC - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg
    VolleyStars Thüringen - Schweriner SC

The drawing was conducted in front of/by a notary. According to the notary, he convinced himself about the proper status of the balls. He made sure the names of the clubs were written right, closed the balls, put it in an envelope and sealed it.
    He then openend the envelope, dropped the balls into the bowl, where once again a ball opened! :wall:

• SC Potsdam - VT Aurubis Hamburg 3:2 (27:25, 25:17, 24:26, 23:25, 15:7)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2047.pdf
    MVP: Lisa Rühl / Jennifer Pettke
    Potsdam should have won much easier. In 1st set they wasted 5 set points at 24:19, in 3rd and 4th set they gave away big leads to allow Hamburg to get one point from the match.

Allianz MTV Stuttgart - VC Wiesbaden 0:3 (11:25, 17:25, 14:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2045.pdf
    MVP: Svenja Engelhardt / Karine Muijlwijk
    Terrible match for Stuttgart :white: Especially in attack...Stalzer 0/14, Zautys 1/12 :| Stuttgart shows what happens when a team is run by the manager rather than by the coach.

VolleyStars Thüringen - Schweriner SC 1:3 (25:19, 12:25, 23:25, 22:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2042.pdf
    MVP: Vendula Merkova / Lousi Souza Ziegler

Tomorrow: Münster - Köpenick