World Grand Prix 2008

• USA-Poland 3:1. USA's victory was very easy to predict, but the last set (25:10) was a real disaster...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• USA-Poland 3:1. USA's victory was very easy to predict, but the last set (25:10) was a real disaster...

Tom didn't play. Anyway, i really thought that Poland's going to have their main players (Glinka, Skowronska, Podolec, Liktoras) back.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Brazil defeated Dominican Republic 3:2. They played without Paula Pequeno (also Italy played without Gioli, USA without Tom).

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Well USA started with Tom but she made too many errors and Glass played well when she came in ;)

Really? Happy to hear that Glass is playing very well. :D Too bad Logan didn't played well today.

• I hope Glass improves more to be LT's opposite on OH position in Beijing. Nastja, I really like your avatar, i like maggie glinka!

• Italy-Turkey 3-1 (25-20, 21-25, 30-28, 25-23)

Well, I'm really happy for Italy's victory, but I don't think we played very well today...Good defense, but poor attack. The only one who played well in attack was Francesca Piccinini (27 points). Turkey was especially good in serving (Bahar caused us a lot of problems...4 aces in a row). Anyway, I'm happy for the way Italy reacted in the most difficult moments of the match. So yeah, we can still improve a lot, but the basis are there. :thumbsup:

2007- 2009 CAMPIONESSE D'EUROPA!!!
    2009 WORLD GRAND CHAMPIONS CUP

Edited once, last by Ros ().

• you are right,italy didn t play well except piccinini,and ı think we deserved to win :down: but our team is so young a few years later, turkey will get great victories.. :win: congratulationd for turkey and italy...
    if we beat USA tomorrow,we would play in final part :thumbsup:

• our team is so young a few years later, turkey will get great victories..

Yes, I think so, too. The Turkish team has great potential. They're young, they just need a bit more experience. But they'll get that. :)
    I hope they'll make it to the finals. :)

• you are right,italy didn t play well except piccinini,and ı think we deserved to win :down: but our team is so young a few years later, turkey will get great victories.. :win: congratulationd for turkey and italy...
    if we beat USA tomorrow,we would play in final part :thumbsup:

sadly, your team is not going in the finals. USA defeated Turkey 3:1. :roll:

• Italy - Poland 3:2 (23-25 23-25 25-20 25-14 18-16) :what:
    wow i expected a clear victory for Italy... But what is actually sad is that poland was leading 2:0 in sets and couldnt close the match. set 4 is especially embarrassing...

I hope the poles will win tomorrow at least. for their own honor :white:

• Today,our team didn't play well.i don't understand why chiappini let deniz(she didn't played much in Vakıfbank this season) play for a long time in such a critical game? or didn't we aim the finals?

I'm sad to lose final chance like this because we have a big advantage after week 2.ıf we could join the finals our players can have more experience in the high-level volleyball...

congratulations to the team composed of naz,neriman,duygu, bahar and others.by the way seda played very well in this tournament.if she gains power she can be a star ....

• Today,our team didn't play well.i don't understand why chiappini let deniz(she didn't played much in Vakıfbank this season) play for a long time in such a critical game? or didn't we aim the finals?

I don't think we aimed for finals. If we did, not only would he have not kept Deniz in the game for so long but he would not have started with Pelin either. If someone understands the logic of this, please do share :roll: :roll:

• Italy - Poland 3:2 (23-25 23-25 25-20 25-14 18-16) :what:
    wow i expected a clear victory for Italy...

I have to say, me too. The Italian TV showed the match from the beginning of 4th set, and when I saw the result (2-1 for Poland) I was like 8| ...No offense for Poland, of course, but given their results in this Grand Prix I expected something more from Italy's part. Luckily the team reacted well. Ok, Piccinini, Aguero and, most importantly, Lo Bianco didn't play, but I liked how Ortolani and Bosetti carried the whole team on their shoulders when it was needed. Now I'm curious to see Italy-USA tomorrow...That will be interesting. 8)

• I don't think we aimed for finals. If we did, not only would he have not kept Deniz in the game for so long but he would not have started with Pelin either. If someone understands the logic of this, please do share :roll: :roll:

ı don t understand why chiappini choose pelin :cursing: naz were very successful previous match