2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• Maybe our teams will come back by the same plane? :roll:

The truth is that some things are happening again like in the World Cup but in opposite direction... Bulgaria beats Russia, Russia beats USA in tie-break and now..., who knows... who will be in final. I won't doubt if it's USA and Brazil.

• :lol: :lol: :lol:

you made me laugh konrad

It is my onlly success this morning so far :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• superbobo,

Serbia might even beat USA later. So its really difficult to say. but yeah i agree with you.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• It is my onlly success this morning so far :(

Yeah really very poor morning for some of us :(

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Och actually the loss wouldnt hurt so much if it wasnt such a close match.
    Poland could have easily won the 5th set if they hadnt lost concentration at the end of set 4... That way they allowed the italians to come back into the match and start the tie break with new confidence.....

too bad too bad...

• Again refree's mistakes make this match hard to win. In women volley everything goes to Japan, the same in men volley to Italy. They wanted to play with Poland and drawing (what a miracle!) was exactly the same like they dreams! What a coincident! Don't make me laugh- Vemiglo didn't admit his mistake and Poland lost. Italians- thieves!

• It's a pity Poland lost, I really was not expecting that. Luck smiles upon Brazil once again, as I think Italian chances are slim at best. But we will have to wait and see.

As for our match, the better team has won. Our middle players are a lot better than Bulgaria's. Our libero and setter too. It was basically Kazyski - MVP - against Russia, and at some point he couldn't make all the difference he made in the first set anymore.

By the way, what is the problem with Alekno? If we had started with Berezhko, the game would had been a lot easier, maybe 3x0.

Russia didn't play it's finest. I think we could had used more our middle spikers - but that's also merit of Bulgarian services. Our defense was great though. In two different moments it was a show of digs. Unfortunately we lost the points both times, hehe.

Let's hope Serbia advances now.

• Plamen KONSTANTINOV (BUL) - captain

On the match:

"I think it was a very tough match today, and a very important one for both teams, so there was a lot of pressure."

"The most important moment of the game was during the second set. I'm a little bit disappointed about some (referee) decisions made during that set. It's been hard (at the Olympics) but it is always for small countries."

On key moments during the match:

"The most important moment happened in the second set. I'm a little bit disappointed about some (referee) decisions made during that set. There were three points in a row that he (the referee) gave to Russia. The referee called me over and said that our coach would get a yellow card if he continued to talk to the second referee, and after I turned around he (the referee) gave the coach a yellow card. This gave Russia the chance to wake up. It was the most important moment of the match."

On the future:

"I really don't know because I'm quite emotional now. I won't answer you until the London Olympic Games in 2012."

Vadim KHAMUTTSKIKH (RUS) - captain

On the victory:

"We won this game because we had better luck in the important moments. Now we've entered the semifinals and we'll focus on preparing for that."

On the semifinals:

"In the semifinals there are no weak teams, so there is no sense in choosing beforehand between USA and Serbia. You just have to go, play and win against the next competitor whoever it may be."

• On the future:

"I really don't know because I'm quite emotional now. I won't answer you until the London Olympic Games in 2012."

I also heard that but I couldn't understand if he is talking seriously or just joking :what:

Wild Wild West!

• OMG!
    Italy won! I didn't even wake up at 6 to see the match because I was sure they would lose, just like the girls yesterday...But they didn't! 8|
    They surprised me, I didn't have much expectations on the guys. Well, they proved me wrong. Good for us.
    I think this is the best we could do and our race stops here, but it was nice to win at least a QF. :)

• From Supergigant.

Uspokaja
    mnie Raul Lozano, że sędziowskie błędy nie mają znaczenia, nie wpływają
    na rozstrzygnięcie, arbitrzy mylą się na korzyść i niekorzyść obu
    stron. Jak do cholery mogą nie mieć znaczenia, jeśli pojedyncza akcja
    dzieli koniec świata od epokowego triumfu?! Nie piszę tego, by na
    kogokolwiek zwalać winę za niepowodzenie, to byłaby brednia, piszę, bo
    głowę poniewierają mi wspomnienia decydujących ułamków sekund, muśnięć
    piłki o dłonie, siatkę lub antenkę, wreszcie epizod z tie-breaka, w
    którym Winiarski po swoim ataku zasłużył na punkt, ale siedzący
    kilkadziesiąt centymetrów od jego wyciągniętej ręki sędzia odebrał mu
    go, podarował Włochom i zrobiło się 7:9.

Nie
    umiem wyobrazić sobie, co czują siatkarze, skoro ja skakałem nie pod
    siatką, lecz rozstrzęsiony z dala od boiska, a mam wrażenie, że ktoś
    wybebeszył mnie z wnętrzności i wsadził łeb do pralki. Pokazali w
    Pekinie Polacy wszystko. Pokazali jaja, grę na najwyższym światowym
    poziomie, szarpiącą za emocje nieustępliwość, poświęcenie i
    determinację.

• Seeing the pictures after Bulgaria-Russia just breaks my heart. The Bulgarians need to dry up their eyes and heads up because they have nothing to be ashamed of. They fighted like real men. And all of them have still a lot to give to the Bulgarian volleeyball (even off the court for some of them). Yes they may be on the plane back but the airport will be full of people who still love them, even without the medals.

• well, an interesting text but it doesnt help those members who dont speak polish :white:

• 7UP, could you translate the polish text, please? :)

Wild Wild West!