2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• Bulgarian friends, from the way i see it, Bulgaria and USA are most likely the top 2 teams in Pool A. As much as i hope for my US team to advance, I would also like to see Bulgaria in the semi's (or even finals). :win:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• :thumbsup:

Before I comment on the match, it is important to say it was AMAZING. I was really nervous in the end of the 3th set.

I won't curse anyone now, because it is not the time, but let's say I was very surprised to see Alekno brought in Kosarev and Tetyukin again. On the bright side, I think from now on there is NO WAY he will leave Berezhko outside.

Definetely our serves improved a lot. We commited more mistakes than in the two previous matches, but against Brazil we need powerful services all the time. Plus, most of our mistakes came in a row in the same set, but through out the match - and when we needed the most - they worked, so the 23 errors is a bit misleading.

Grankin did an amazing job, and so did our middle spikers. Unfortunately Poltavsky is still out of shape :( but his services gave us the third set. Mikhailov started out bad, but greatly improved during the match. Berezhko was great, despite one or two gross mistakes.

Verbov should also be congratulated. He was amazing.

What I liked the most though, was to see the Russian team playing with a lot of heart against Brazil. We won a set coming from behind, which was almost unheard of against Brazil for the past years, and we also saved a few set points.

This match was so important, because the 4th team from the other group is going to be shitty, and an easy quarterfinal is a welcome thing in this level of play.

• 1 - RUSSIA ______GOLD :cup:

2 - USA__________SILVER ;(

3 - BRAZIL_______BRONZE ;(

Has it been already decided? God damn it! This sport is one big cheating :D ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• MATCH BALL POLAND !!! :cup:

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• POLAND - Serbia 3:1 :) 31:29 , 22:25 , 25:22 , 25:21 !!! :woohoo:

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• Yes, Poland just beat Serbia! How great! :dance6: :super: And what a sweet revange for WL Final :P :D Germany-Serbia game will decide which of this teams will go through :whistle:

The most important 3:

• I would have to say that i am a very proud Polish Fan! I am very proud of what they've accomplished so far in this olympics! I have remained a fan despite the mishaps the past year. It's good to see they've risen to the occasion! I hope they win gold, and if they continue to play like they're doing now, it's within their reach.

• POLAND SERBIA 3-1 :super: :cup: :woohoo:

what a performance by our boys. such a great match by Swiderski . our MB AT LAST play great match. overall we did not have weak point today . Wlazly maybe did not play great all the time but in crucial moment he finish every single ball he is such a great player im glad we have him in NT. it seems like we will fight with Russia for first place in our pool. i hope we will win like during WCH we can do it. with that shape we can do it

PS Revange on Serbia is sweet :super:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Congrats for Poland :) Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match, actually I haven't seen even 1polish match for now from the OG(not my fault) but I am very curious to see how the guys are playing.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match, actually I haven't seen even 1polish match for now from the OG(not my fault)

Don't worry. I haven't seen any Bulgarian match :P There is to much to watch on the OG.

The most important 3:

• Congrats for Poland :) Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match, actually I haven't seen even 1polish match for now from the OG(not my fault) but I am very curious to see how the guys are playing.

they playing really well . to be honest i didnt expect that great shape of Polish but now i see we play like 2 years ago :) with passion with emotion and i like it :P it can be great turnament for us and we cant ruin it :super:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Wow that's rather harsh.

Don't take it the wrong way! I am not the guy to decide who the national coach should be! But all the results so far are due to the players' abilities, not Stoev's decisions! I am not criticizing Stoev that much, just hoping Stoychev to be the man on the hot chair as soon as possible :) Let's surprise the USA today!!! :teach:

Stoev is the coach, he's not guilty for the injuries

Do you really think that Yordanov, Vlado Nikolov, Stoykov, Aleksiev are injured because of bad luck? Why did we have important medals only in tournaments during the winter, when the players come to the NT physically prepared in their clubs all over Europe? I can continue that topic but it's useless.. You are right - I cannot change anything. I really want Stoev to prove me wrong!

• Vlado and Boyan seem to be OK. Stoev said that their injuries are bulshits from the medias. And about the Stoykov's illness. That's bad one but it does't depend on the coach. Most athletes with such an illness stop playing, because the pain is raelly great and appear very often

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Aleksiev is no longer injured and holy crap does he seem to be in good form.

• USA defeated Bulgaria 3:1 (27-29; 25-21; 25-14; 26-24)

:D

This game was a bit similar to USA-Italy the otherday.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• No chance for us, but in that shape we are nothing still will happen. I see Poland who suppose are tired but now... they will grab 3rd place possibly. Plamen Konstantinov - what we will do without him. Todor Aleksiev - making so stupid mistakes! I can't even watch him, but he will be the replacer of Plamen Konstantinov. And Dancho Lazarov - the president of our federation - he is stupid and everybody must sign a declaration to fire him, because he is the one who slows problem with Konstantinov, only for money he is there, like many idiots in the parliament. But don't worry - he wil take what he deserves. The shape in which we are is higher than against Japan. What we will do with Italy I don't know. It's good for us that Japan lost the game against China. Japan wil lose to USA, Venezuela plays with Japan and with us, possibly will loose one game and we will qualify. If we reach a form in we will play a game like that in WC 2007 against Russia, we will make our tournament. 12 years without Olympic Games and now.. problems.