2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• Raul Lozano's calming me down that refree's mistakes don't matter, refrees make mistakes sometimes for one team and sometimes for other. How don't they matter if the simple action share end of the world andepoch-making triumph? I don't write it because I want to make someone guilty for our loss. I'm writing it, because I'm thinking about crucial seconds, ball touches the hands, net or (antenka? how to say it in english???), now an accident from tie-break, when Winiarski after his good spike deserved to get the point, but refree who was sitting a few centimeters from his hand gave point to Italy and made the score 7:9. I can't imagine what are feeling volleyballers, if I wasn't jumping under the net, but unstrung far from the court and I have feeling that someone took me head into the washing machine. Our guys have shown everything in Beijing. They show that they are men, they were playing on the best level, determination.

I don't translate everything, only the most important things.

• Thank you 7UP! And antenka is antena in English, I think :lol: . Thank you again :thumbup:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• And antenka is antena in English, I think :lol:

It is "aerial" I suppose

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• OMG! USA is losing to Serbia

USA vs SERBIA
    20 25
    25 23
    21 25
    25 18

fifth set is a battle to the DEATH!!!!!!!! :evil:

edit:

USA won 5th set 15-12

That was a thriller....... nice because I am always rooting for USA
    Good work for Stanley and Salmon for sealing the 5th set for USA ...... congratz

Now its USA vs Russia

then BRAZIL vs Italy......... what a great edition of OLYMPICS!!!!! :drink:

• USA 3 - 2 Serbia

Oh God! 2nd time around, first was the women...and 2nd was the men. Thank you so much!

I thought its going to be Serbia who will move on ... but the boys hang on. I must say, they were almost killed by their too much errors..thank God they won! I can still remember the amazing comeback they did in Athens agains the greeks. Whoah!

This was a good game...an eye opener..that you cant be over cofident. Serbia is just an amazing team.

Whether they will win/lose over Russia the next day, Im soo much contented with how the team (Women/Men) played. Semifinals for both..it was a complete improvement than what they did in Athens.

:dance6:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• So, this is the life - Serbia, Bulgaria and Poland saw it.

Bulgaria and Poland are rising new team so lets wait for their time...... Serbia, although some old veterans are OG gold medalist, but still a new team on the rise. However, the top four teams are the team which has the best OG track record:

USA - OG titlist
    Russia - OG titlist
    Brazil - OG titlist, defending champion
    Italy - perennial OG podium finisher and will continue the ITALY-BRAZIL OG 2004 Finals unfinished business.......

this is going to be an exciting edition!!!!!!!! :box: :cheesy:

• so the semis will be:

RUSSIA vs USA

ITALY VS BRAZIL

* Its the same 4 teams in Athens. Brazil is the defending, Italy the silver medallist, Russia the bronze medallist. Im sure it will shuffle a little bit. Russia seems very strong to me right now. And so is Italy. While USA has shown to the world that it is very vulnerable.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• You're right Bulgaria and Poland will be world leaders for 2-3 years, our team is young for time I wrote everyone will be about 26-30 years old.

FIVB is very , very funny :

Beijing,
    China, August 20, 2008 - Italy beat Poland in a five-set thriller
    (25-19, 25-22, 18-25, 26-28, 17-15) at the Capital Indoor Stadium to
    advance to a semi-final against either China or Brazil on Friday,
    August 22.

Plucky Poland fought back from two sets down and
    15-15 in the fifth set, saving five match points on the way, before
    finally conceding defeat.

Italy's Valerio Vermiglio controlled
    the flow of the game early, with hitters Alberto Cisolla and Matteo
    Martino helping Italy to an early lead.

A strong effort form
    Mariusz Wlazly helped Poland to regain their composure, but Martino's
    hitting was too much for the lower-ranked Poland, with Italy finally
    taking the second set 25-22.

Complacency crept into the Italian
    side however, and they rarely looked like taking the third set which
    Poland's Marcin Wika finished with a booming service ace.

Poland
    shot out to an 8-2 lead in the fourth set before Polish errors saw
    Italy taking it down to the wire but Poland's service and aces from
    Michal Winiarski took the match into a dramatic fifth set.

Poland
    saved five match points through the fourth and fifth sets before
    Martino's left-side attack sealed the set and the match 17-15.

Of course, nothing about refree's mistake and awful Italian behavior (volleyball isn't a movie!).

• because FIVB is the official site of volleyball so commentary will not be tolerated. It is existing in the internet to inform that's all......

• nickilo - tell me til when we must wait? World leaders???? Is Brazil going out with these Olympics?
    Just I hate that our mentality is ruining everything. We came here and before first game Plamen have too much testosteron in his blood and one president must be out - Dancho Lazarov, and to cap it all Vlado Nikolov was that if he stays in team it will be for this sh*t Lazarov. His post is gone! Everytime we can reach a final or 1/2-final on bg competition somebody comes out and ruines everything. We will do nothing, you'll see. Even if Rado Stoytchev comes.

• MEN'S SEMIFINALS:
    August 22, 2008

12:30 : RUSSIA vs USA

20:00 : ITALY vs BRAZIL

• jist
    USA showed vulerabilities, but be sure in 1/2 you will see another excellent game by americans, like in the 1/2-final against Brazil in WL.

• jist
    USA showed vulerabilities, but be sure in 1/2 you will see another excellent game by americans, like in the 1/2-final against Brazil in WL.

I hope so. but to me, Russia has the slight of an edge.

But i think its a great achievement all in all. Final 4 in both WL and OG. Nothing i could hope for more.

• You're right Bulgaria and Poland will be world leaders for 2-3 years, our team is young for time I wrote everyone will be about 26-30 years old.

[/size][/font][/size]

I don't share your optimism. But we will see.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Of course, nothing about refree's mistake and awful Italian behavior (volleyball isn't a movie!).

I admit I've just seen the tie-break, and I've seen nothing particularly "awful" there...Can you explain why you define Italy's behaviour as "awful"? What did they do? ?(

• 1. They don't admit their mistake (block-antena not attack-antena!).
    2. Wlazły hit block-net-block, not only net, Italians wanted to get point and were simulating.
    3. After Vermiglo put the ball in our court he was very happy too happy he started to laugh in Kadziewicz's eyes (yellow card?).

Waste of time...