Champions' League 2008/09

• Farmutil Piła - Dela Martinus Amstelveen 3:1 (25:12, 25:18, 25:27, 25:17) :thumbsup:

AT LAST!! they deserved this victory today. the level wasn't very high but i'm happy that Pila finally win in CL :box: great performance by Bednarek and Sadurek-her set was really good today i hope she will "unblock" herself for good :) Bednarek was unstopable for me she is MVP in that match

I agree. Great match. But for me MVP is Milena :dance6:

• Vakifbank Gunes Stambuł - Fakro Muszynianka Muszyna 3:2

(20:25, 25:14, 21:25, 25:22, 15:11)

eh another "polish style" loose :( i can only say: oh Belcik what have you done in that 4 th set :mad:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Muszynianka could have won it. It lost it on it own wish. Too bad, too bad... :thumbdown:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Odincovo-Pila 0-3(22-25,23-25,20-25) :white: :dance4: :cup: :super:

say what :what: please tell me it's not a dream :cup:

• Mateo, I can pinch you. It's not a dream ,it's true :dance6: But I can't believe too. Klaudia was brilliant :obey: Agnieszka Kosmatka also played very well. And obviously great running game by Milena :super: I'm so happy. We still have chance to go on next Champoins League round.

• Great performance for Kaczorowska and Kosmatka (I didn't think they could play like that) I will cross my fingers for they win against Peruggia :) good luck

• What do you think about Muszynianka winning against Bergamo tomorrow? It might sound a strange idea because Bergamo is a big name in European women's volleyball but recently Bergamo hasn't been what it used to be at all. In Italian championship hardly could win 3-2 with the relegation contender Santeramo then last round lost with Conegliano.

I think Muszyna has a great chance now to repeat first leg match success. I have seen their first match in Bergamo and Muszyna was clearly better there, they absolutely deserved to win.

• What do you think about Muszynianka winning against Bergamo tomorrow? It might sound a strange idea because Bergamo is a big name in European women's volleyball but recently Bergamo hasn't been what it used to be at all. In Italian championship hardly could win 3-2 with the relegation contender Santeramo then last round lost with Conegliano.

I think Muszyna has a great chance now to repeat first leg match success. I have seen their first match in Bergamo and Muszyna was clearly better there, they absolutely deserved to win.

it will be very difficult match for Muszyna. Bergamo want to take revange on "MIneralne" but they seem to be out of shape now and it's no9t such strong team as it use to be. the only player Lo Bianco can depend on all the time is Picci but she has jus recover from injury. they're lack of good Opp- Ortolani is avarage for me she is making tons of errors .
    on the other hand Muszyna last match against Pila wasn't to good and that worry me a bit if they will play like that there's no way to win against Bergamo

• Zaryeche Odintsovo underestimated Farmutil - that's why Piła won. Russian players thought that game would be a walkover, but were given a very nice surprise from Polish side :D
    Great performance by Piła and absolutely deserved victory. Winning in Russia is always something, no matter in which conditions.
    Matlak showed our federation, who should be the coach of NT ;)

The most important 3:

• Zaryeche Odintsovo underestimated Farmutil - that's why Piła won.

It wasn't underestimation. Zarechie plays like that all the time in this season, no recieving, bad sets, weak serves and spikes, no teamplay and tons of unforced errors.
    Before the start of the season, they lost Safronova, the main reciever, Matienko, very good setter. A week ago, they also lost Pronicheva. Sokolova didn't play because of injure, Kosheleva plays being injured. Zhukova just plays very bad now. The only good player in Zarechie is Walewska, but she can't win games by herself. I don't know why Pankov didn't substitute Zhukova for Marcelle, he definitely had to try it... By now, congratulations to Pila, but they shouldn't rest on the laurels, this victory wasn't demanding at all.

• It wasn't underestimation. Zarechie plays like that all the time in this season, no recieving, bad sets, weak serves and spikes, no teamplay and tons of unforced errors.

Of course, but it didn't disturb Zaryeche to beat Farmutil Piła in Poland...

The most important 3:

• It's obvious, Sokolova was playing in Poland. In Russia - no. She's 1/3 of the team. That's it. And Zarechie is average team this season, nothing serious.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• It's obvious, Sokolova was playing in Poland. In Russia - no. She's 1/3 of the team. That's it. And Zarechie is average team this season, nothing serious.

Sokolova is very good player, but we can't diminish Piła victory

Unfortunately, Muszynianka lost it very easly. Three straight sets, not much real fight. The nightmares from the first game against Metalul Galati came back :thumbdown:

The most important 3:

• Unfortunately, Muszynianka lost it very easly. Three straight sets, not much real fight. The nightmares from the first game against Metalul Galati came back :thumbdown:

i think it was different match than this against Metal. against Bergamo girls were doing everything to win but what Bergamno did today was just AMAZING. Muszynianka's block did not exist Bergamo dig almost every single ball their spike power was huuge. they took revenge on Muszyna :(

• Scavolini Pesaro 3 - 1 Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul

Jacqueline was amazing in the game. She got instant kills whether at the front or backrow. Superb setting by Ferreti. And what made Pesaro won the game, i think, was that they exposed the very weakness of Eczacibasi which is Serve-Receive. Furst, Jacqueline and Ferreti had a field day at the service area,..even targetting Eczacibasi's libero. Mirka and some Metcalf was the lone bright spot for Eczacibasi.

If i may remember one Turkish poster here, she was saying that Eczacibasi should find a player better than Metcalf. But I think basing from that game alone, Metcalf is doing okay...on that note, i would suggest more that they should find a better player for the OH2 position. Esra (is this her correct name?) is fairly okay in attacks but her reception is just poor.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Farmutil Piła - Sirio Peruggia 3:2 :woohoo: Great! Piła has qualified to the playoffs. After bad beginning in this group, Farmutil ends with two precious wins against strong and famous teams. Very good result by new coach of Polish NT. :super:
    Also big congratulations for Muszynianka, which beat Matal Galati away 3:1 and took a revange for defeat at home. Muszynianka needs Bergamo win now.

The most important 3:

• Thanks God Zarechie is out of Champion's league. It's real pain to see them playing this season. Good luck to Pila!!!

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Farmutil Piła - Colussi Sirio Perugia 3:2 (25:19, 21:25, 20:25, 25:22, 15:11) :drink: :white: :super:

Metal Galati - Fakro-Muszynianka Muszyna 1:3 (25:20, 20:25, 17:25, 21:25) :cheesy: :dance4: :cup:

what a great day of Polish teams :woohoo: Pila already qualify Muszynianka need one more set from Martinus or Bergamo win 3-0/3-1 it would be great if 2 of POlish team advance to next round they both were in extremaly strong pools so im even more happy that they make it :obey: