Champions' League 2008/09

• Esra is actually a VERY GOOD receiver. Eczaci's problem is trying to play Francia and Metcalf on court at the same time which is what causes the reception vulnerability. An OH with decent reception instead of one or the other would make a HUGE difference. For the first two sets, Metcalf definitely played her best game this season (ie post-surgery). I'd disagree about Mirka being the bright spot. We've seen much better performances from her. I did not feel that she pushed it very hard in this game (which was a mere formality).

• The Main Phase of the 2008/09 CEV Indesit Champions League came to an end tonight, at least for the ladies, with a series of stunning matches and namely with last year’s runner-up Zarechie ODINTSOVO of Russia failing to secure a ticket for the Playoffs 12. In spite of their victory against DELA Martinus in the Netherlands, the girls of coach Pankov did not make it to the next round as one of the third best ranked teams, as defending champion Colussi Sirio PERUGIA, although being already qualified for the Playoff and giving it all in Poland, still suffered a defeat in five sets against Farmutil PILA. Zarechie, anyway, might replace in the Playoffs 12 the organizer of the Final Four which will be determined in a couple of days after a careful analysis of the applications received. These are the teams that will compete in the Playoffs with a detailed draw to be defined in the Drawing of Lots set for this coming Thursday, January 22, in Vaduz (Liechtenstein), at 5 p.m.:
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS), RIJEKA KVIG (CRO), RC CANNES (FRA), Türk Telekom ANKARA (TUR), Postar 064 BEOGRAD (SRB), Volley BERGAMO (ITA), VakifBank Günes S. ISTANBUL (TUR), Fakro Muszynianka MUSZYNA (POL), Colussi Sirio PERUGIA (ITA), Farmutil PILA (POL), Scavolini PESARO (ITA), Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL (TUR)

• Esra is actually a VERY GOOD receiver. .

Well that wasn't the one i saw on that game. She (and the libero) was specifically targeted by Jacqueline's serves.

Eczaci's problem is trying to play Francia and Metcalf on court at the same time which is what causes the reception vulnerability. .

Right. I suppose Mirka is a natural opposite right?

On that game, I just realized how deadly Brazil could have been more in the Olympic games should another spot on the court is to be alloted for Jacqueline. :lol: She's so powerful.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• is the country which will be organizor of final-four determined? and it is strange this year,organizor country's team won't play directly in final four in men's competition.

• it would be great if 2 of POlish team advance to next round they both were in extremaly strong pools so im even more happy that they make it :obey:

And it happened :super: :thumbsup:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Muszynianka Fakro - RC CANNES :whistle:

Farmutil Piła - Volley BERGAMO :down: :down:

Scaviolini Pesaro -Zarechie ODINTSOVO
    Türk Telekom ANKARA (TUR) vs. RIJEKA KVIG (CRO)

Postar 064 BEOGRAD (SRB) vs. Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)

VakifBank Günes S. ISTANBUL (TUR) vs. Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL (TUR)
    Perugia is a host of F4

so i think the pairs are well balance. the most interesting matches are Pesaro-Zariache, Muszyna-Cannes if Muszyna beat Cannes somehow they will meet the winner of Vakifbank-Eczacibasi soo i have little hopes that polish team will make to f4 :super: Pila unfortunatly has no chance againt Bergamo but if they bit Bergamo Pesaro will be waiting
    IMO Dynamo Pesaro Muszyna/Cannes Perugia will be the F4 teams

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• i hope 2 Italian and 2 Turkish teams ll play final 4 :thumbup:

• ı guess there would be 2 turkish and 2 italian club in final four( pesaro,perugia,telekom and vakıfbank güneş sigorta) the most exciting series would be Scaviolini Pesaro -Zarechie ODINTSOVO and VakifBank Günes S. ISTANBUL -Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL.

• Does somebody know, on what TV channel in France the games of RC Cannes are broadcasted ?

• Really good drawing for Muszynianka. Maybe Racing is stronger than Muszynianka but Cannes seems to be the weakest team among group winners.
    I don't like the fact that Despar is host of the final four. Now Bergamo or Scavolini can't play in F4...

• LOL. Why did you guys consider match Pesaro - Zarechie to be interesting??? Zarechie is lame team especially for the strongest team in Champions' League. Both matches will be 3-0 for Pesaro, c'mon. It will be fast and painless))) The same for Pila, in my opinion they don't have chances to win versus Bergamo, at least they'll fight and may win a set or two, not more.
    I reckon that the most interesting mathces will be Dinamo - Postar, because Dinamo doesn't play really well (Dinamo was in the weakest group and 6-0 record versus average level teams says nothing at all) and I really liked Serbian game, Dimano will have tough time facing Postar. And the second one is between two Turkish teams.
    I think that Cannes, Bergamo, Pesaro, Turk Telekom will reach the next phase for sure and and remaining two pairs is 50/50.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• I hate cev :( :( because vakıfbank güneş sigorta will play against eczacıbaşı zentiva.it is not fair :box: but I hope two turkish teams(türk telekom and vakıfbankgüneş sigorta) will play final four in perugia. :win: :win: :win:

• I agree, that Farmutil Piła doesn't have chances against Volley Bergamo. I suppose, Piła will be fighting, but it may be not enough. Muszynianka-Cannes? I suppose... 60%-40% Cannes. It should be interesting games.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• ı think the teams will be in next phase ; PESARO.BERGAMO,DINAMO,T.TELEKOM and

%60 MUSYZNA :box: %40 CANNES

%60 VAKIFBANK :box: %40 ECZACIBASI

I think this is the most open "group" for the final 4. Musyzna, Cannes, Vakifbank and Eczacibasi have all their chance to go to the final 4.
    In the other "groups" their is always 2 big teams who will probably meet in the second play off round (Pesaro/bergamo and Dinamo/Telekom)

Hope to see Cannes/vakifbank in the next round, but it's really open between Cannes and Musyzna. Both teams are great. They are both playing as teams without big individualities. It will be an interesting game.

• Hope to see Cannes/vakifbank in the next round, but it's really open between Cannes and Musyzna. Both teams are great. They are both playing as teams without big individualities. It will be an interesting game.

Sorry, but I can't agree with you. Cannes has one great individuality, Victoria Raava. They aren't similar teams because in Muszyna there is no so significant players as Raava. :P In my opinion Muszyna plays as a team and Cannes' tactics is focused on Ravaa's attacks.

• I think this is the most open "group" for the final 4. Musyzna, Cannes, Vakifbank and Eczacibasi have all their chance to go to the final 4.
    In the other "groups" their is always 2 big teams who will probably meet in the second play off round (Pesaro/bergamo and Dinamo/Telekom)

totally agree. as u said it;s most open "group" every team has qulity to reach f4. it's real shame that Muszyna meet Cannes now :( i like Cannes a lot this year but unfortunatly they will have to be eliminated by Muszyna :wacko: hehe im kidding :D Cannes is better team than Muszyna but i hope to see some surprise here. if Muszyna beat Cannes(which won't be easy for sure;/) i think they will win against any turkish team . i don't know where that came from but polish team no matter if it;s NT or clubs teams like and know how to play against turkish team. so i'm looking forward to see match Muszyna-Cannes

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Eczacıbaşı Zentiva and Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta will play 3 games against each other next week (2 matches for Turkish cup, 1 match for Turkish leauge) after than they will play 2 more games against each other for iecl. 5 matches in a row. :super: