Montreux Volley Masters 2007

• results of friday:
    CUB - TUR 2-3 (23-25, 25-15, 31-29, 20-25, 11-15)
    SRB - GER 3-0 (25-16, 25-15, 25-21)
    RUS - NED 0-3 (17-25, 13-25, 19-25)

Todays matches (saturday, 9th june)

GER - POL
    TUR - RUS
    NED - CUB
    CHN - SRB

• Cuba's performance made me shocked :shock: :shock: :shock:

they r reborn

i cant believe they r the one that lost to NED before

yeah... unbelievable....

• Today I watched the semis of Montreux Volley Masters and the performance of the Cuban team really amazed me. They are playing very well and I think they've never been so strong physically as they are now. Just as a matter of curiosity, in today's match against Netherlands, the Cuban Team scored 7 points on serving aces.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it earlier, but Felipe Calderón is no longer the Cuba's Team head coach, 1996 Olympic Champion Antonio Perdomo is back and his assistent is 2000 and 2004 Olympic Champion
    Eugenio George. It seems the Cuban Team will become a world super-power again.

As regadrs the other semifinal match, the Serbian Team disappointed me. I expected the Serbian girls would cause problems to the young Chinese Team, but that didn't happen at all.

I guess Cuba is the favourite team to win the Gold Medal in the 2007 edition of the Montreux Volley Masters. Just for the sake of curiosity, it that happens, it will be the 9th Cuban title in this competition and the nineth time China ends up as the 1st runner up in this competition.

• Quote from "Celso"

As regadrs the other semifinal match, the Serbian Team disappointed me. I expected the Serbian girls would cause problems to the young Chinese Team, but that didn't happen at all.

The Serbian Team suffers very much the Asian style of playing. They lost to China, to Japan and they nearly lost to Chinese Taipei. I think it is just a matter of time. They will gain experience and they will know the countermeasures to take against these teams. Serbia knows how to play against Euro teams, but they are unexperienced against Asian teams.

Open the Dubai channel this afternoon, I think they will broadcast the final. This morning I watched the last set of Serbia vs China.

To Lothie = Yes I think that Barbolini is a great coach (look at the work with Perugia), but I was disappointed with the girls who fired Bonitta one month before Worlds.

• Quote from "samba player"

The Serbian Team suffers very much the Asian style of playing. They lost to China, to Japan and they nearly lost to Chinese Taipei. I think it is just a matter of time. They will gain experience and they will know the countermeasures to take against these teams. Serbia knows how to play against Euro teams, but they are unexperienced against Asian teams.

Open the Dubai channel this afternoon, I think they will broadcast the final. This morning I watched the last set of Serbia vs China.

To Lothie = Yes I think that Barbolini is a great coach (look at the work with Perugia), but I was disappointed with the girls who fired Bonitta one month before Worlds.

Am I seeing things or China team is destroying Cuba right now? :roll:

Actually, a lot of teams suffer with Asian style of playing, including Brazil. I agree that Serbian team needs more experience, I guess when they have that, they'll be on the top, since they are already good without being world wide recognized. (ok, they're now I think, but when they got their 3rd place in World Championship they weren't)

• Quote from "LothiePG"

Actually, a lot of teams suffer with Asian style of playing, including Brazil. I agree that Serbian team needs more experience, I guess when they have that, they'll be on the top, since they are already good without being world wide recognized. (ok, they're now I think, but when they got their 3rd place in World Championship they weren't)

i must say i am most surprised that china won serbia; and it is in str8 sets

at the time i am writing, china is leading 2 sets in the final against cuba
    unbelievable play
    whats going with china? leading in the 3rd set as well :shock:
    and cuba has no ACE serve----whats going with cuba tonight :shock:

• Congratulations to the young Chinese Team!

The Chinese setter amazed me, even when the reception wasn't good she worked very well. I thought Cuba would repeat the performance against Netherlands today, but China gave no chance at all to the Cuban Team. In all the TTOs China was leading 16-10, which show how well the Chinese Team was performing.

Way to go, girls! Just don't do that against Brazil!

• Quote from "Celso"

Congratulations to the young Chinese Team!

The Chinese setter amazed me, even when the reception wasn't good she worked very well. I thought Cuba would repeat the performance against Netherlands today, but China gave no chance at all to the Cuban Team. In all the TTOs China was leading 16-10, which show how well the Chinese Team was performing.

Way to go, girls! Just don't do that against Brazil!

thx celso, you are very nice
    its so surprising to me --- after the world championship, and the new team comes and didnt expect the new players play so well

oh, i must control myself---cos cuba didnt lose to anyone but to its own errors, 25 errors to china :shock: