Champion's League 2009/2010

• What a comeback for Fenerbahce. Congradulations. Turkish fan are incredible.

Fenerbahce managed to keep their perfect record in the season. Gamova was is the shadow in the first sets. But she dominated in the fifth to decide the outcome of the game.

Dynamo maintained their trend to collapse in the last moments of the fifth set.

• i must say that Pesaro is quite impressive right now :) so far goodleve od match between Vakifbank and Scavolini. Skowronska is flying so high :lol: great defence by italian team :)

Pesaro-Istambul 2-0

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• third set vakifbank 11-1 pesaro :whistle:

• 11 points in the row...nice;/
    Scavolini colapse in one moment they don't play at all right now wake up girls :mad:
    dear lord it's 18-4 :what:

• how can we lose two sets to this team :mad: 3-17for vakifbank

• I've never seen anything like this. Believe this must have been. Congratulations yellow angels.

Even when we had no doubt score 2-0 , match returned. Fans was unbelievable. In addition, the team was very good band.

Players reveal tenacity to the field to win the match when you know.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fenerbahçe Acıbadem :cup: :cup: :cup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• ok Scavolini stop playing like a sh*t and start playing volleyball again :)

• OMG Feretti and Guigi are playing so bad in this match :what: and Skowronska is bad as well since 3rd set ;|
    c;mon win don't loose thios one ;/
    Kaska for god sake focus :mad:

edit ufff they won 3-2 but someone should really kick their arses. you cannot play so unconsistenly :what: they need to focus and not loose concentration after winning 2-0 :teach:

Skowronksa...1st 2nd and 5th sets were amazing she played so well but 3rd and 4th :white: anyway i still love her above all :heart:

Edited 2 times, last by mateo ().

• anyway there were two great matches, we watched really great and exciting games tonight.

You're so right. It was really exciting evening for Turkish Teams fans. Fenerbahce- no need to comment :cheesy: , but Vakifbank really great performance!! And Naslihan… just amazing!! :obey:

• if i am not wrong, after this round neslihan would be best scorer with goncharova at indivudual statistics :obey: it would be great reaching best scorer award both championship league and world championships (2006 japan)

by the way how will these qualified teams match? i mean first one with third one of other group or just with chance :whistle:

• by the way how will these qualified teams match? i mean first one with third one of other group or just with chance :whistle:

The principles of this Drawing of Lots for the Playoff 12 are:
    • to avoid that teams stemming from the same League Round Pool will meet each other again
    • to avoid that 3 teams from the same country will enter the Final Four tournament.
    • as far as possible to grant advantage to the better ranked teams of the various pools.

• I hope Vakıfbank take the 1st position after the 6th matches :D And Fenerbahçe they were great,great team,great spactators..I think they will be CHAMPION :D I hope Gornicza will play very well :D ..and Pesaro vs Vakıfbank 3rd set was gerat :D 19-4 :D :D

• I hope Vakıfbank take the 1st position after the 6th matches :D And Fenerbahçe they were great,great team,great spactators..I think they will be CHAMPION :D I hope Gornicza will play very well :D ..and Pesaro vs Vakıfbank 3rd set was gerat :D 19-4 :D :D

I hope so too :)

• I watched Novara - Muszyna....

Novara didn't play that well. but they won because they are so strong individually !! Tom, Kozuch, Barazza, Flier. No other team in Europe has better players as Novara. If they still improve playing as a team, they will win CL and Scudetto. I'm sure about that.

Muszyna defended very well !!

I don't think Novara will win Champions League or Scudetto. :down:

When I watch this team, I can easily think of 3 reasons why not:
    1. Even though they are 1st in Pool D, they have not played great volleyball in Champions league. In my opinion, they are winning largely because of the performances of few players in every match, rather than the whole team playing well. So far in Champions League only Barazza and Tom give a high level consistently. The other starters: Paggi, Barcellini, Flier, Kozuch, Kirillova, Zardo have played up and down, usually only average and even some matches they played below average compared to what they are capable of.

Example: Attack efficiency for Paggi (28%), Barcellini (10%), Flier (25%) Kozuch (18%) through 5 matches are quite low. Only Rosso (42%), Barazza (39%) and Tom (38%) have healthy hitting numbers.

2. In the reception, only Siressi (47.83%) and Tom (41.67%) pass well. The other passers are high error. Zardo (L)(10/66 = 15% error), Rosso (4/44 = 9% error), Barcellini (2/54 = 4% error), Kozuch (4/54 = 8% error).

Siressi (L) (1/46 = 2.2%) and Tom (1/72= 1.3%) are the only ones who are stable in reception with low errors.

3. Another reason I don't think Novara can win Champions League is that the top 1 and 2 teams in other Pools have multiple players playing well at the same time. Novara only has Tom in the best spiker efficiency categoy, Barazza in best blocker, and only Siressi and Tom in the best receiver category. Rosso, Tom and Flier are in the best servers. You cannot win championships when you rely only on few players for passing and offense again and again. What happens if Tom gets injured or sick? I think the crushing defeat against Fakro can easily happen again.

Until the rest of Novara's players start playing well consistently, Novara will have a hard time to challenge top teams :thumbdown:

I don't mean to seem pessimistic. But I had high expectations of this team. It's time for ALL the players to step up.

• Indesit Champion's League Women 5th Week Results and Standings

Pool A

Zok Rijeka - RC Cannes : 0-3

U.Belgorod - Volley Bergamo : 3-1

Pool B

ASPTT Mulhouse - E.Gornicza : 1-3

Scavolini Pesaro - Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta TT : 3-2

Pool C

Fenerbahçe Acıbadem - Dinamo Moskova : 3-2

A.Bielsko Biala - M.Prostejov : 2-3

Pool D

Metal Galati - Asystel Novara : 0-3

Z.Odintsovo - Bank BPS Fakro Muszynianka : 3-0

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• You're so right. It was really exciting evening for Turkish Teams fans. Fenerbahce- no need to comment :cheesy: , but Vakifbank really great performance!! And Naslihan… just amazing!! :obey:

yes she played impressive :cup:

• yes she played impressive :cup:

Turks are great :drink: :flower: :cup:

• Turks are great :drink: :flower: :cup:

yes Fenerbahçe Acıbadem and Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom are first in their group and they will be first at the end of the group stage this year in f4 i think that we will see 2 turkish teams ....

• Fenerbahçe Acıbadem, Cannes and Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom wants the f4. thursday cev is going to decide the team.
    why any italian team didn't want it ?

• I hope the Final Four will be held in Istanbul, in one of those amazing basketball-arenas!!