Italy Serie A1 2009-2010

• Kaziyski, Sokolov and Juantorena totally outclassed Modena, 6 aces from Kaziyski for another MVP award, but, oh my God, just look at Angel Dennis stats!!!!!!!!! 7 aces, 5 blocks, 31 points and an overall attacking effieciency of 66%!!!!!! People, this guy is an extraterrestrial creature :)

numbers are numbers, all here is truth but Modena wasnt beaten by those 3 players, they beated themselves. In serious volley game to have 41 errors in 4 sets - classic suicide. In addition to traditionally poor reception of any team guided by Prandi. So Trento really didnt play anything special, it was perfect opportunity for Modena to win but they shot themselves in their legs :hit:

• Yeah what the fuck has happened to Dennis?! And where can I see one of his matches? Actually wou;d've loved to have seen this match. Trento is a really cool team to watch these season. Would've liked to see Sokolov. Has he become an opposite player for good now?

• Wow, Matej and Juantorena both out-received Bari.

• 6 aces from Kaziyski (...) Angel Dennis stats!!!!!!!!! 7 aces

Both are great servers, but I'm pretty sure they would not get that kind of number with the Mikasa ball.

Would've liked to see Sokolov. Has he become an opposite player for good now?

He's playing as an opposite for, I think, 2 years now. Generally, back in the Bulgarian championship (in Marek) he used to play in 4, but Stoychev and Prandi both use him as an opposite. He is a great attacker from anywhere, and I would prefer to watch him receiving in the NT, but I think he is given more chances to play as an opposite and will continue doing so from now on.

• Wow, Matej and Juantorena both out-received Bari.

Juantorena was best receiver in WL 2005. I hope Matey and him to "upgrade" their receiving results gradually in seria A. 35% is too bad in my opinion

• He's playing as an opposite for, I think, 2 years now. Generally, back in the Bulgarian championship (in Marek) he used to play in 4, but Stoychev and Prandi both use him as an opposite. He is a great attacker from anywhere, and I would prefer to watch him receiving in the NT, but I think he is given more chances to play as an opposite and will continue doing so from now on.

I definitely think that it will be the best for him if he continue to play as an opposite. In my opinion this position fits him perfectly! His height is so much appropriate for opposite :roll: Let's hope he will develop in this way...

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• first i agree partially with Raul, because you can't make 41 errors and hope to win a game in A1....
    secondly, i would say that as ALWAYS, Trento won thanks to Kazyiski, without this phenom they would have remain the same mediocre team of their first 8 years in A1...
    thanks to him other champions went toTrento...so now the weel turns it's normal, maybe Trento will win for years...but always thanks to the same reason: Matey.

to all fans of Europe, i copy here a deep truth said on Trentino's forum by a Cuneo's fan, who explain many things and moreover explain why Trento is hated in Italy:

"You start to be hated by a bit too much fans all over Italy...and that's not because of your team....respect should be gained giving it, not just pretending it and being arrogant when you win. You have to be a winner also in the way you behave with the "loosers"..." ;)

We all admit Trento has a magnificent team, really amazing, it is a pleasure seeing all those phenoms...
    but Trentino's fans are just ridiculous(to use a "soft" word), even in their first appearance in Champions League other people noticed it( isn'it it Shadow :) ?), they don't deserve a team like this

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Civilized people should pay the respect to the others no matter how strong is their own team...

• Civilized people should pay the respect to the others no matter how strong is their own team...

:obey: :obey: :obey:

Results

Lube Banca Marche Macerata - Acqua Paradiso Monza - POSTPONED DUE TO THE DEATH OF THE PRESIDENT OF MONZA

Trenkwalder Modena - Prisma Taranto 3-0 (29-27, 25-23, 25-23)

Itas Diatec Trentino - Marmi Lanza Verona 3-2 (25-27, 20-25, 25-18, 25-17, 16-14)

Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo - Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3-0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-13)

Aran Cucine Abruzzo Pineto - CoprAtlantide Piacenza 0-3 (18-25, 21-25, 14-25)

Sisley Treviso - Yoga Forlì 3-1 (25-21, 25-12, 23-25, 25-20)

Andreoli Latina - RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia 1-3 (25-27, 17-25, 25-21, 20-25)

Rest: Esse-ti Carilo Loreto

Standing

Itas Diatec Trentino 26
    Trenkwalder Modena 22
    CoprAtlantide Piacenza 22
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 21
    Sisley Treviso 19
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia 18
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 17
    Marmi Lanza Verona 17
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata 16
    Acqua Paradiso Monza 16
    Prisma Taranto 13
    Esse-ti Carilo Loreto 8
    Andreoli Latina 6
    Yoga Forlì 6
    Aran Cucine Abruzzo Pineto 1.

Notes: 1 match more: CoprAtlantide Piacenza, Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia, Marmi Lanza Verona, Andreoli Latina; 1 match less: Lube Banca Marche Macerata, Acqua Paradiso Monza;

Next Round

Prisma Taranto-Lube Banca Marche Macerata;
    Esse-ti Carilo Loreto-Andreoli Latina;
    Yoga Forlì-Itas Diatec Trentino;
    CoprAtlantide Piacenza-Sisley Treviso;
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo-Aran Cucine Abruzzo Pineto;
    Acqua Paradiso Monza-Marmi Lanza Verona;
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia-Trenkwalder Modena

Rest: Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia

• Trento, Copra, Cuneo, Modena - these are my favorites for the title in this order. Cuneo has 3 good spikers, very good blockers and awesome libero and setter. We will see
    are they ready for the playoff stage, which needs different mentality to win.

P.S. What happened to Zlatanov? He didn't play yesterday?

Note': Trento - Verona 13:14 and then - three attacks from Matey :D

• some problems to his shoulder but we didn't need him.... ;)
    hope anyway it's nothing serious!!! next match is on 25.11 so time to recover for him can be enough, and the same for Durante, our libero, who went out the field at the end of third set for a small problem at his hand

• Yes, but him an Marshall are the aces, you need them both to win the title

• of course!! i said we didn't need him yesterday, but we desperately need him for the season, he's our star! it's obvious... :)

• The Italian All-Star game is scheduled for 22 November this week on Sunday. The team of the foreigners - "SEAT All Stars" was announced:

Setters: Donald Suxho (Prisma Taranto, USA), Mikko Esko (Trenkwalder Modena, Finland)

Opposites: Raidel Poey (M. Roma Volley, Cuba), Jan Stokr (RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia, Czech Republic), Igor Omrcen (Lube Banca Marche Macerata, Croatia)

Attackers: Yasser Portuondo (M. Roma Volley, Cuba), Osmany Juantorena (Itas Diatec Trentino, Cuba), Leonel Marshall (CoprAtlantide Piacenza, Cuba), Bjorn Andrae (Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia, Germany), Thomas Ereu (Aran Cucine Abruzzo Pineto, Venezuela), Milos Nikic (Andreoli Latina, Serbia)

Middle-blockers: Sergiu Stancu (Yoga Forli, Romania), Rob Bontje (Sisley Treviso, Netherlands), Stefan Hubner (RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia, Germany), Konstantin Shumov (Esse-ti Carilo Loreto, Finland)

Libero: Hubert Henno (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo, France)

Coaches: Angelo Lorenzetti, Luca Moretti

A massive number of Cubans in this foreigners' team. I don't know why Kaziyski, Nikolov and Grbic are not among the players chosen, but I guess the only reason is that they were given some rest.

• I think that ALL - STAR Game without Kazyiski , Nikolov and Denis is like football star game without Messi , Ronaldo and Kaka. This is ridiculous! :down:

• Trento doesn't want to send Kazyiski to this all star, as well Cuneo with Grbic and Nikolov....

congratulations to both teams...this is really fair play! :cursing:

Piacenza send Zlatanov and Marshall(best 2 players), Macerata send Omrcen(best player), Perugia send Stokr(best player)....

someone is fair someone not....what to do, cheaters are everywhere in sport

Piacenza send Zlatanov and Marshall(best 2 players), Macerata send Omrcen(best player), Perugia send Stokr(best player)....

I don't quite agree with your critics this time! None of the players you mentioned, and actually almost none the foreign players invited for this game, had to play in the important tournaments this year like the ECH in Turkey and the World Club Championship in Qatar. Zlatanov, Marshall, Omrcen, Stokr, Juantorena, Poey, Portuondo, etc. were having a holiday this summer. Kaziyski has not enjoyed any rest for much time, almost similar is the case with Nikolov, and probably for Nikola Grbic as well. I don't think the choice is wrong, I think it's rather personal, but definitely would not mention fair play in this case since it's just a show game, nothing more :)

• I still think that they should let Matey play at least one game. Nikolov, Grbich and Dennis are not young, but Kazyiski is 25 and he makes the show!