World Championships 2010

• Bartek,

I was just trying to demonstrate what the groups could have looked like if the FIVB had used what they use with the World League for ranking. Teams are not rewarded as much for winning with 2 pts for a win in the current WC system. Plus with a loss, you already get 1 point. Serbia played a weaker lineup against Canada and did not pay for it. They finished second, but with the 3,2,1 system, they would have finished third.

Also teams are not rewarded for getting to a fifth set. Japan advanced because of better pts ratio, while winning fewer sets than Egypt and Iran and having a worse sets ratio. If the FIVB used the 3,2,1 pts system, Japan goes home after the first round, which in my opinion seemed fair.

• The French guys were just awful - no proper substitution for Rouzier, no serve, no attack, no block, no nothing. Pujol was very bad too, and should have been taken off much earlier.

• Bartek,

I was just trying to demonstrate what the groups could have looked like if the FIVB had used what they use with the World League for ranking. Teams are not rewarded as much for winning with 2 pts for a win in the current WC system. Plus with a loss, you already get 1 point. Serbia played a weaker lineup against Canada and did not pay for it. They finished second, but with the 3,2,1 system, they would have finished third.

Also teams are not rewarded for getting to a fifth set. Japan advanced because of better pts ratio, while winning fewer sets than Egypt and Iran and having a worse sets ratio. If the FIVB used the 3,2,1 pts system, Japan goes home after the first round, which in my opinion seemed fair.

My post was about game France against USA live ;) not Your post ;) Good system of points You show Us.

• Watched it on fromsport. The US dominated at the net, slipped a bit in the third set after jumping out to the lead by 6 pts. Just have to beat Italy and they are in the semifinals. It was their best played match of the tournament.

• The French guys were just awful - no proper substitution for Rouzier, no serve, no attack, no block, no nothing. Pujol was very bad too, and should have been taken off much earlier.

I am very dissapointed too...

• If USA keeps playing like today, they can win the tournament. Except for a lack of concentration in the end of the 3rd set, that was the real USA that we know. I think USA x Italy will be a real battle.

In the other group, a predictable win for Serbia. Argentina got really unlucky with the crossings for 3rd fase, cause they ended up against too very strong teams. Otherwise, I think they could have gone up to be among the top 8, which would be solid enough for them. Too bad. I think Facundo is shaping up to be one of the best players in the world, in the future. I hope they at least can put up a good fight against Russia. I haven't seen a decent game from Russia yet.

• I'm surprised with so easy defeat by Frenchmen. On the other hand - I have nothing against American victory...
    Now, I hope Spain can handle the pressure and take a fight against Bulgaria.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• France without Rouzier is not a strong team. Antiga is there because they cant find an OH better. Antiga is not that player he was years ago. All OHs has problems in attack. I dont know what happen to Ragondet but he was best option imo to be in this Wch.
    It's sad that Samica can't play in this Wch, he is the best OH. He played a little bit today but it was clear that he is not in conditions to play a game like this.

USA played a nice game, but it's hard to say something when the opponent play so bad. Untill now, USA only played bad games, but If they keep playing like they played today they can dream of reaching semifinal.

Argentina and Serbia was a great game. Conte reminds me Giba is his best moments. But he is still young and make too many mistakes. This generation of Argentina is the best in recent years.
    Kovacevic is the only one who could hel Miljkovic in this game and that's the problem of Serbia. If Miljkovic is not in his best day Serbia will have difficulties.

• I want watch volleyball games from Stadium No 5 :thumbsup: All are amazing ! Shock !

<WOW>!! Suprise..Very suprise... 8o Dream stadium :) Awesome !^^

• Damn, at one point I really believed Czechs could win this! Germany is our last hope now ;)
    Zhekov sucks :thumbdown:

• and that's true WCH!!
    what a spectacular match. Czech were really outstanding too bad they didn't win, but they should be proud of themself. that's one of the few teams left that didin't calculate at all and they deserved this win :( and after Bulgaria win the only team i support with chance to get to the next round is Cuba so go jumpers kick some bud :super:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Damn, at one point I really believed Czechs could win this! Germany is our last hope now ;)
    Zhekov sucks :thumbdown:

No, Kazyiski and Alexiev suck on reception. Zhekov ran whole game all over the hall to set difficult balls and that has effect on the precision
    P.S. Konrad, I hoped you are for Bulgaria - if we win, that will mean, that the loss of Poland was not accident and you were not weak. :)

• Bravo Czech team, Except the 5th set, they played very well, played head to head with Brazil.
    Peter Platenic( he plays in a Turkish team ) and number 9:Hudeçek(?) and one of the middle player played very well.I didnt like Stokr's play much.In Brazil team, Murilo,Dante and Rodrigao played very well.Murilo interestingly served steadily very well . ( that really made me :cheesy: 8o ).

• Well, if anyone thought that the czechs beating Bulgaria or USA was an accident, I think today the proved it wasn't. At one point, even, it must have crossed through the brazilian's minds the thought that perhaps the other group would've been easier. I hope now czechs can beat Germany tomorrow, so at least they make top 8.

As for Brazil, I can only say Lucão is still disappointing, but, my lord, how can Vissoto and Mário be playing so bad? I so wish Bernardo could give a chance to Alan, cause I just can't believe he could be any worse than Mário. Thank God Murilo and Dante are carrying the team. I never really liked Bruno and Rodrigão, but I gotta admit that Bruno is doing a solid job (at least better than in the WL) and Rodrigão is very good, it's probably his best tournament with the NT.

Now thinking about the semis (I reckon game against Germany will be easier than this one), it seems brazilian guys are dying to play Italy, so they could come up with a so-called revenge. It's either Italy or USA on their way, so either way there's room for revenge. But I still think they're not focused on the game. Today that became very clear. I think their minds are still caught up with the whole formula madness.