Qualifications for the European Championship 2011

• 3rd Round:

Spain - Belgium

Greece - Turkey

Netherlands - Estonia

I think Estonia is good opponent against Dutch, now Dutch must prepare for World League - first game in Korea.

• Italy completes great comeback and outclasses Turkey on final competition day

Pool A in Tel Aviv (ISR)

Spain vs. Hungary 3:1 (25-18, 18-25, 25-19, 25-17)
    Slovenia vs. Israel 3:0 (25-20, 25-17, 25-22)

Pool B in Heraklion (GRE)

Latvia vs. Great Britain 3:1 (25-23, 25-23, 22-25, 28-26)
    Finland vs. Greece 1:3 (25-16, 17-25, 23-25, 20-25)

Pool C in Merksem (BEL)

Slovakia vs. Belgium 3:1 (25-20, 25-19, 19-25, 25-20)
    Ukraine vs. Bosnia & Herzegovina 3:0 (25-22, 25-18, 26-24)

Pool D in Tübingen (GER)

Montenegro vs. Croatia 1:3 (24-26, 25-22, 17-25, 21-25)
    Germany vs. Estonia 3:1 (25-20, 18-25, 25-20, 26-24)

Pool E in Gioia del Colle (ITA)

Romania vs. Belarus 2:3 (25-18, 25-19, 16-25, 24-26, 15-17)
    Turkey vs. Italy 0:3 (18-25, 21-25, 23-25)

Pool F in Rotterdam (NED)

F.Y.R. of Macedonia vs. Sweden 3:0 (25-21, 25-21, 25-19)
    The Netherlands vs. Portugal 3:0 (25-22, 25-21, 25-14)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• The official website of the CEV European Championship 2011 in Austria and the Czech Republic is out:

http://www.volleyeuro2011.com/

Austrian hosts will be:

Innsbruck, "Olympiaworld", 8000 seats.

Vienna, "Wiener Stadthalle", 9589 seats.

Czech hosts will be:

Carlsbad, "KV Arena", 6000 seats.

Prague, "O2 Arena", 17 000 seats.

• Bulgaria is in one group with Belaruss, Italy, Spain, France and Serbia. This CEV is the biggest and the most corrupted mafia clan I've ever seen. WTF ?! :down:

• Tonight (18.00 CET) we have Spain - Belgium (first match of 2 to qualify for Ech)
    anyone knows tve or something will be covering this match?

• The next silly idea by CEV and Czech Volleyball Federation.

The O2 Arena will host preeliminary round while almost 2x smaller Wienner Stadthalle will host the final match!Czechs could play in Liberec that has nice medium hall.

• Congratulations for Estonia for their 3-1 victory :flower:

Though, Estonia is a good team, especially their opposite Venno is a great player, normally Netherlands is better...Normally, because today it was Estonia - Kooy !!! Klapwijk, van Dijk and Trommel :down: Without Horstink, Rauwerdink and Snippe -and Klapwijk in bad shape - we have 'only' Kooy..though Kooy played a good match, you can't win with just one scoring player. Estonia had a lot of service-pressure so it was in general a game without MB...

I hope Rauwerdink will be recovered from his injury next week..if so, we have a 50/50 chance to go to ECH.

• Congratulations for Estonia for their 3-1 victory :flower:

Though, Estonia is a good team, especially their opposite Venno is a great player, normally Netherlands is better...Normally, because today it was Estonia - Kooy !!! Klapwijk, van Dijk and Trommel :down: Without Horstink, Rauwerdink and Snippe -and Klapwijk in bad shape - we have 'only' Kooy..though Kooy played a good match, you can't win with just one scoring player. Estonia had a lot of service-pressure so it was in general a game without MB...

I hope Rauwerdink will be recovered from his injury next week..if so, we have a 50/50 chance to go to ECH.

I hope we can help them next week in Rotterdam with a lot of crazy dutchman in public! I will be there,and you? They need us.....and a lot more.....

• I hope we can help them next week in Rotterdam with a lot of crazy dutchman in public! I will be there,and you? They need us.....and a lot more.....

No, unfortunately I will not be there.. I hope they players will fight for every point, unlike today :down: I read in Dutch paper Blangé has a conflict with Snippe and Horstink...Horstink didn't want to play WL; after WL Blangé and Horstink talked to each other, without positive result. Snippe is in Italy, with his new club. He thinks his club is now more important as NT :white: I am worried about Men's team future because of all this sh*t !!! We don't have quantity like Brazil, Russia etc. We need every (!) good player!!!

• YEah WTF Venno was motherfarking annoying! Just unstoppable.

I think Holland was decent, if you look at how they played. Can't really expect Klapwijk to be the opposite that scores everything in every game. Kooy played amazingly well, very nice to see. Bontje and Kooistra just solid, but not a lot of chances due serving pressure as Flying Dutchman stated. Trommel, not too bad either, got blocked a lot, but he just doesn't have that much height so you have to accept that. Van Harskamp also quite good. I like how they stayed calm under the pressure and were able to come back. It's just hard playing teams that are playing at their best and are playing infront of their home crowd.

Next week will not be too hard, it will be hard for the Estonians though. They will come orer here with a lot of confidence and then during the match they will slowly find out that they relied on their crowd and that they're fighting against their own high expectations.. and they will face a better Dutch team, plus they will have lost their under-dog status... Should be alright. Klapwijk will also probably be on form.

• It was a great victory against 6000 spectators,3-1!!!After women volleyball and men's basketball we won against Greece again!!! :drink: :super: It is really interesting that Estonia won 3-1 against The Netherlands!I hope The Netherlands will play better and will play in ECH!! 2007 ECH's champion Spain lost against Belgium! :S It is really interesting !

• 2007 ECH's champion Spain lost against Belgium! :S It is really interesting !

Spaniards are shadows of themselves... 2007 title was a peak of this players' generation.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D