World League 2010

Excuse me but i have some feelings that probably only bulgarians and some polish fans comment a matches in World League. Maybe will be more interesting if has other opinions from Brasil or Netherlands for exemple about the matches in our group .

No one is prevented from commenting whatever he/she wants to :D

• We played two really weak games and Cubans totally deserved these two wins, although they also didn't play great or something. But we played with no concept, weak block and reception. Nothing to add. This time it is for real - bye, bye FinalSix. :wavy: Again :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Wow, that is really annoying to watch.. not one set did we win vs Bulgaria. More patience is needed I guess.

Guess what... our serve isn't that good.. for those of you who haven't noticed. There's about as much risk in our float serves as in regular jump serves, or there's errors on them about as often. Bulgaria, really good though. Too bad Prandi wouldn't let Sokolov play though, or Todorov.

• YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS! 25 pts, I still can't believe it. Thank you, Dutch that you played against mighty Brazil and took 4 pts, thank you for loosing here(excuse me, but I think you have something against Brazil), and I thank to Bulgarian team especially! Come now Brazil to Varna.

• I only saw part of third set today (yesterday I didn't see a single point) and I agree with HeeelMooi: It's really annoying to lose 12-0 in sets against one single opponent :white:
    Bulgaria plays like a champion in my opinion. I didn't discover any single weak spot in the four games against the Dutch. They play a very smart game, due to Zhevov, they have great and experienced players, they make almost no mistakes at desicive moments and they have a great coach.
    In my opinion Bulgaria is at the moment stronger than Brazil, but we will see next week ;)

The Dutch are still much too instable and make much too serve-errors..I repeat this statement every week and maybe also the next 2/3 years...:(
    To end in a positive way: I'm very happy with Kooy's development.

• The first set: although the result at the end of the set was close there wasn't pressure because we kept the differnece of 2 -3 points to the end. Much more nervous were the second and especially the third set but what made me good impression was that we succeeded to return in match twice and show strong mentality ,something that doesn't refer to Dutch team, they are very good team to me but may be that's one of thier main problems - they are mentally unsteady and also sime kind unexpirienced perhaps. Also I find the setter not good enough for his team :S But I'm really grateful to Holland for all the work they did in this WL :thumbsup: Helped a lot guys! You have great potential :win:

Great serving for Zhekov today though he had some hesitations in the second set. In some of the moment we were little disoriented but I hope that for the matches with Brazil evrything will be alright.

btw: Girls in the hall in Varna obviously liked Kooy because at the end of the translation the camera showed him handshaking with some of them :lol: Really looked as gentlemen ;)

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Netherlands totally outplayed us today on attack - 51 pts against 34, especially Bontje and Kooistra. Nikolov is still not in shape and gave too many balls without spiking, Yosifov was tired. Sokolov was not as good as he can. Thanks to incredible team serving, blocking and motivation, we captured clean victory from opponent, who was very strong today, especially in tactics. They defended many attacks today and reduced our efficiency like only Brazil can do usually, but Zhekov, Kazyiski and Todorov pulled us from the water :super:

• Netherlands totally outplayed us today on attack - 51 pts against 34, especially Bontje and Kooistra. Nikolov is still not in shape and gave too many balls without spiking, Yosifov was tired. Sokolov was not as good as he can. Thanks to incredible team serving, blocking and motivation, we captured clean victory from opponent, who was very strong today, especially in tactics. They defended many attacks today and reduced our efficiency like only Brazil can do usually, but Zhekov, Kazyiski and Todorov pulled us from the water :super:

Don't forget Alexiev.. . I saw him spike OVER Bontje today, that is ridiculous. I thought Rauwerdink didn't have a good game today :( The news about Kooy and the girls is not good :P His ego is already big enough!

I think the major development our team has made is Klapwijk... we now have the opposite problem as good as solved. Now only the setter problem (give van Harskamp a little time) and the serve problem... add in Horstink and then we will win a couple of matches here and there :)

• I'm watching first Bulgaria vs Netherlands match now. How come Bulgarian middle blockers have very bad technique in attack?? The outside hitters, opposites and even SETTERS have very good technique in attack, yet Nikolov and Yosivov's techniques are horrible. The one jumps forward instead of up, the other has a goofy approach and both their swinging arms come from way too low of a position (especially for a middle attacker). Do they come from different clubs than the others? Perhaps clubs where they had no youth trainers?

I'm watching first Bulgaria vs Netherlands match now. How come Bulgarian middle blockers have very bad technique in attack?? The outside hitters, opposites and even SETTERS have very good technique in attack, yet Nikolov and Yosivov's techniques are horrible. The one jumps forward instead of up, the other has a goofy approach and both their swinging arms comes from wat too low of a position (especially for a middle attacker). Do they come from different clubs than the others? Perhaps clubs where they had no youth trainers?

I don't quite agree with you. First, they came from very young clubs, teams where giving chances to youngsters is a must, and, by the way, this is something usual for the entire Bulgarian championship since our best players play abroad. There's a minor exception with the club Niki Nikolov grew up - Lukoil Neftochimik, they used to have a different approach at that time, but generally youth formations are pretty impressive! However, both of them moved further - Nikolov played for CSKA in the IECL, Yosifov made a season with M.Roma Volley and won the Serie A2.

Now, to the technique. I don't agree because I honestly can't think right now of the perfectly technical middle-blocker. This is an interesting position, especially when talking about the physical characteristics and the athleticism of the players. MOST of them are somehow clumsy (I don't mean slow, just that they don't run much and don't attack with a big approach since they are always near the setter). The purpose is mostly to have an explosive jump (or an impressive height, as is the case with Muserskiy, Mozdzonek, Kazakov, Kuleshov, for example) so that they can block well and attack efficiently at the same time. So, yes, they are both not technically perfect, I agree with these critics, but this is a general problem for the middle-blockers. Just look, for instance, Joao Jose, who almost doesn't raise his attacking hand till the very last moment, but spikes amazingly after that, Volkov is also moving like a robot, but is really efficient. Mostly, they need strong shoulders for such attacks rather than exquisite technique.

Last, out of topic, I used to play for some months with Niki Nikolov in the youth formation of Lukoil Neftochimik (I think that was in 2001), at that time he was an attacker (position 4), I am sure that if necessary he can still do it equally well now, his technique is not bad, in fact I believe he is quite athletic for a middle-blocker! I agree Yosifov has a goofy approach, it's far from perfect, but I like his play very much and think that he is the best Bulgarian middle-blocker right now!

• Yeah I guess you're right, they're not the only ones with bad technique in that position. Perhaps only Dutch middle attackers have really good technique! :P Or well, Wytze Kooistra's swing is a little retarded as well I guess. Muserskiy I consider to have good technique though, Volkov too actually. Kuleshov hardly uses his left arm in attack. I wasn't saying that your middle attackers are bad though.. I mean there's a lot of examples of players with less than perfect technique which were AMAZING players. Like Ganev for example :) He had a goofy approach. I just noticed thei techniques yesterday and that linked to the fact that i was frustrated baout losing our matches against Bulgaria caused me to post my post yesterday.

Cool that you played with Nikolov! It actually makes more sense now that I know he played attacker before, because his technique does seem to suite that position better. But oh well, Bas van de Goor used to be an outside-attacker as well and had a technique that was more suitable for that position as well (usually!) and he became the best middle blocker the world has EVER seen!

• A team who has beaten Brazil 3:0 as a guest (something, which hasn't happened for a lot years) shouldn't be ashamed whatever other results it has in the competition. :thumbup:

• But oh well, Bas van de Goor used to be an outside-attacker as well and had a technique that was more suitable for that position as well (usually!) and he became the best middle blocker the world has EVER seen!

Is he OK? I heard a long time ago he had cancer, is that true? He was for sure one of the most amazing middle blockers. From time to time I still like to watch some of his games.

• Great winner of italy!!! 3-1 against Serbia!!! :win: (23-25, 25-19, 25-22, 25-19)

Very good defence and service... For Serbia a bad game, especially of Janic that had the worst reception I have ever seen...

Italy needs only 50 points for the acces to the final 6 :rolll:

• Is he OK? I heard a long time ago he had cancer, is that true? He was for sure one of the most amazing middle blockers. From time to time I still like to watch some of his games.

He's had a lot of problems.. he was almost paralysed and he was diagnosed to have diabetes, but I've never heard anything about cancer. As far as I know he's doing fine. He runs marathons and hikes up huge mountains, just to show people with diabetes that it is still possible to play sports and be active even with the dissease. More than any other player I know... he is a good human being. And I know what you mean, I still watch his matches sometimes. I especially like the quater finals of the olympics in 96'... huge game by him :)

• SportMedia.TV shall
    broadcast LIVE the signal of Bulgarian National Television from World
    Volleyball League 2010 today and tomorrow 08-07-2010 09-07-2010
    respectivelyrespectively starting at 19.00 CET and at 17.00 CET!

Fans from just 20 countries shall have the opportunity to enjoy the
    keygames between the two teams of Bulgaria and Brazil, who play today
    and

tomorrow in Varna, Bulgaria.

If you are in: Bulgaria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia,
    Lithuania, Czechia, Spain, Ireland, England,Germany, Switzerland,
    Belgium, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine, Austria, South Africa,Israel, then
    you can watch Volleyball matches in the World Volleyball League between
    the teams of Bulgaria and Brazil in particular SportMedia.TV!

Sportmedia.tv wish you pleasant viewing! :thumbup:

• Brazil won 1st set and Bulgary is leading the 2nd one. What annoys me most right now is the bulgarian broadcast. They give almost none replays and the main camera is just a mess as it's always late to show the end of the play whether it's a strong serve or spike. Seriously I think if they tried something like a zoom out it would be better 'cause the main camera is just hurrying to move left, right, up and down.

• Bulgaria under-performs against Brazil and makes their job pretty easy.

• Italy 'll go to final-six!!!!!!!!! :rolll: :dance6: :rolll:

• Netherlands - Korea 3-0 (31-29 28-26 25-21)

Very close match. Netherlands 17 killblocks in 3 sets. Korea 8 aces in 3 sets.