2010 Piemonte Womens Cup

• Japan is playing with Takeshita - Yamaguchi, Kimura - Sakoda, Inoue - Yamamoto (former Otomo) and Sano libero. They play very quick, many attacks with the MBs and combinations with Yamaguchi. Sakoda does not receive and from backrow plays like a "normal" opposite because Yamaguchi receives and rarely does backrow attacks. The comeback of Ai Yamamoto/Otomo after such a long absence from NT was quite a surprise for me but she is doing very well.

thank you :rose: it's good that they started to play with MB more ,and they play more combination cus last year it was really poor attempt to copy european style, players like Yamaguchi should be the core of teams like Japan, cus she is quick and with her there's possibility to play various type of combination and i think Japan should go this way.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• You are absolutely right :) Maret Grothues is back-up for Debby Stam, both are good receivers (better receivers than hitters). Anne Buijs is back-up for Chaine Staelens because both are good hitters (better hitters than receivers). Lonneke Slöetjes and Anne Buijs are both on WGP-roster, you can watch it on FIVB-site :) I think Lonneke Slöetjes and Nicole Koolhaas are back-up for Manon Flier in WGP.

Really want to see how Lonneke performs in the international match.
    Also i think Meijners is the best back up for Manon Flier. :) But i do not do wether she will come back before WCH or not.

• Lonneke and Anne are not training with NT for WGP, for different reasons ;)

Can you tell the reasons?
    I think it is a very bad news.

OH:Blom+Debby+Maret+Chaine
    Three of them are the same shape.And Alice Blom is old.Selinger should cosider to use some young players~~~

• as far as I know, Yamaguchi plays MB in her japanese club, and Yamamoto(Otomo) used to play MB+OPP and she even used to back-attack when she played in the national team. Yamamoto played really well last season (she played with Takeshita in her team, BTW) I personally like this style, Japanese players basically are short, but they play really fast and try a lot of combinations as you mentioned. and the libero, Sano...no doubt about her. she's the best libero in the world.
    the only thing I did not expect was Inoue played MB against Nederlands and Dominican republic in stead of Araki. (If I'm not wrong, Araki has a slight injury, and she's recovering it.) she probably is going to be on the starting 7 in WGP.

• After three sets match between Dominican Rep. and Holland I had to turn off my TV. I cannot watch at this! Wensik as a setter means how much weak coach is Sellinger. But it's only my opinion.

I agree with you that it was terrible to watch, but don't forget this is a tournament to try out things!!! I don't blame Selinger to do that at all, I just feel very sorry for the spectators in the gym. Wensink plays the whole preparation for WGP as a setter for a few decisive moments in a miscallenious set at WGP --> to strengthen the block and to set some easy balls! It has nothing (!) to do with weakness !Come on, you have more than enough knowledge of volleyball to understand that! Or don't you really ???

• Laura still isn't feeling well today?

I don't know. Is it true, or was it just a rumor about her health? By the way, Blansjaar is doing well, so it doens't matter for now :)

• I have to agree, the level of both teams is really bad :thumbdown: It is shocking how weak DomRep's reception and defense is without Castillo and both team looks very disorganised.

Yes it is really bad, but, like I already said, this tournament is used by Selinger to try out many things...though it's very pity for the spectators...

• I agree with you that it was terrible to watch, but don't forget this is a tournament to try out things!!! I don't blame Selinger to do that at all, I just feel very sorry for the spectators in the gym. Wensink plays the whole preparation for WGP as a setter for a few decisive moments in a miscallenious set at WGP --> to strengthen the block and to set some easy balls! It has nothing (!) to do with weakness !Come on, you have more than enough knowledge of volleyball to understand that! Or don't you really ???

I think, that i have :D:D But do you think, that idea with Wensink as a setter is good idea? My knowledge tells me, that it is not. Something different is when MB became Opp, it was many cases like that. But MB as a setter after few years professional playing? I just can't believe, that so good team makes so desperate move. Weak shape of Dutch NT it's another case. I'm meaning generally position of setter.
    Please tell am I right. Olga Tchoukanova was OH at WCH 2002 and at ECH 2003 she was setter right?
    Ok, I found, that this is the same person. Do you can see, that Olga Tchoukanova didn't make big career as a setter.

• I think, that i have :D:D But do you think, that idea with Wensink as a setter is good idea? My knowledge tells me, that it is not. Something different is when MB became Opp, it was many cases like that. But MB as a setter after few years professional playing? I just can't believe, that so good team makes so desperate move. Weak shape of Dutch NT it's another case. I'm meaning generally position of setter.
    Please tell am I right. Olga Tchoukanova was OH at WCH 2002 and at ECH 2003 she was setter right?
    Ok, I found, that this is the same person. Do you can see, that Olga Tchoukanova didn't make big career as a setter.

General statement especially for you - and that's not meant as a joke - : I want to recommend you to study the situation of Dutch clubvolleybal in general and the women's clubs in particular !!! You live in Poland, the volleyballwalhalla and I live in The Netherlands, where volleyball is a very poor child. Please update your knowledge about the Dutch situation and don't comment on it from your Polish view !!!

I don't know Tchoukanova at all so I don't comment on that case, but I can can tell you we don't have dozens or even a few tall setters in Dutch competition, suited for specific situtations I described before (end of set). The only we have is Femke Stoltenborg (she is 19 and played only 3 games or so in NT). That's why Selinger chose for Wensink as setter!

• I don't know. Is it true, or was it just a rumor about her health? By the way, Blansjaar is doing well, so it doens't matter for now :)

Not sure about today, but she was under the weather yesterday. I hope she is doing fine :)

I'm happy that they won. Hopefully the team can fix things here and there as time goes by and will improve from what they have learnt in all these matches.

• I don't know. Is it true, or was it just a rumor about her health? By the way, Blansjaar is doing well, so it doens't matter for now :)

Blansjaar is doing well?
    Manon Flier can not touch the ball~

This match is hard to watch.NED played just not like a national team.
    And i really think van teinen should be out of the NT.

• Blansjaar is doing well?
    Manon Flier can not touch the ball~

This match is hard to watch.NED played just not like a national team.
    And i really think van teinen should be out of the NT.

Not only van Tienen, also Chaine Staelens and Huurman...the youth is already better... Don't get me wrong: personally I like Francien, Chaine en Janneke, but for the team - the future, like London 2012- , it's better to create a place in starting-7 for Schoot, Grothues/Buijs and especially de Kruijf!

• I think, that i have :D:D But do you think, that idea with Wensink as a setter is good idea? My knowledge tells me, that it is not. Something different is when MB became Opp, it was many cases like that. But MB as a setter after few years professional playing? I just can't believe, that so good team makes so desperate move. Weak shape of Dutch NT it's another case. I'm meaning generally position of setter.

Even though it is off topic, you are wrong. Chukanova in 2002 was backup setter to Gracheva and in some matches replaced Plotnikova for short times as opposite, but all she did there was receive some balls and set when Gracheva defended, but she never played like an attacker. In 2003 when Gracheva retired and Sheshenina was still too young, Chukanova became first setter, but she really was not good so as soon as Sheshenina reached a good level Chukanova was back on bench.
    Anyway, if Wensink is talented to play as setter I see no reason not to try it.