Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Liuba is not injured, she said she is tired. Obviously u can do your own guesses.

As much of a Solokova fan that I am that's a pretty lame excuse. If she doesn't participate in Japan she shouldn't participate in London.

• Sokolovas absence in Tokyo is now official:

http://www.sports.ru/others/volleyball/140658995.html

Google Translator says she is tired :D Like you already said :win:

I don't know what to think about this... :S

• i think it would be very unfair if makno plays the world quali in starting team and be kicked out afterwards

• i think it would be very unfair if makno plays the world quali in starting team and be kicked out afterwards

yes I agree..but what I think is that all the players are quite tired at this time after such a season but they fight anyway! I mean we are talking about Olympic games!! :wacko:

• yes I agree..but what I think is that all the players are quite tired at this time after such a season but they fight anyway! I mean we are talking about Olympic games!! :wacko:

i think its not the first time sokolova refuses to play (maybe is not just tiredness and russia doesnt want to show full force in japan, but now with cuba things will get a bit harder for russia )... one of the reasons i like gamova is that she always plays any tournament, any game for nt

• The only reason for Sokolova not to participate, is obviously not tiredness.

this is the tranlation i get:

With this game, as now, the national team will be hard at the Olympics. Lyubov Sokolova now refuses to go with the team to Japan. She said she was tired. This means that within a mikrokonflikt. It does not work for the team. It's a shame for the girls who are willing and able to do it.
    Gathered such big stars, but somewhere, each playing for themselves,
    somewhere someone was waiting for him to do another job, or will form a
    rival. A competitor must be destroyed, it must finish "- quoted Chernyshov

____________-

so i understand, that there is also an internal problem between the players in this case. if not, the translation is wrong

• Sokolova is 35 yrs. old now, and if she dont enjoy to be in the team, its easy to understand she prefers to do something else when she has a family to be with instead. The travel to Tokyo is with long flight time and they will be away for 2-3 weeks. Obviously everybody wants to take a olympic gold, for all almost athletes of all time its the dream, but to what price? Maybe Liuba have started to understand, that with this connection between players nothing good will happen.

• How many tickets for London are available for European teams in Tokyo-tournament? I'm not sure whether 1 or 2...

:sos:

• How many tickets for London are available for European teams in Tokyo-tournament? I'm not sure whether 1 or 2...

:sos:

1 or 2, in this tournament qualification gains 3 best teams and the best asian team except this three. It depends on teams which will participate. Could anyone count them? Japan, Russia, Serbia, Cuba/Puerto Rico, Thailand, Korea, ... ?(

edit: I found an article who will play. The rest teams are Chinese Taipei and team from Africa or South America according to rank from 4th January 2012

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Sokolova is 35 yrs. old now, and if she dont enjoy to be in the team, its easy to understand she prefers to do something else when she has a family to be with instead. The travel to Tokyo is with long flight time and they will be away for 2-3 weeks. Obviously everybody wants to take a olympic gold, for all almost athletes of all time its the dream, but to what price? Maybe Liuba have started to understand, that with this connection between players nothing good will happen.

I think that logic is understandable. However, she could have reached that conclusion much earlier. I'm fine if she chooses not to participate with the team at the WQT but it would be quite selfish should she think that she deserves a spot on the final Olympic roster should Russia indeed qualify.

• i think its not the first time sokolova refuses to play (maybe is not just tiredness and russia doesnt want to show full force in japan, but now with cuba things will get a bit harder for russia )... one of the reasons i like gamova is that she always plays any tournament, any game for nt

Yes. This is exactly what i had in mind. Gamova played Grand Prix and also European Championships last year. I can imagine her fatigue could be double than that of Sokolova.

• I think that logic is understandable. However, she could have reached that conclusion much earlier. I'm fine if she chooses not to participate with the team at the WQT but it would be quite selfish should she think that she deserves a spot on the final Olympic roster should Russia indeed qualify.

I agree with u about that, and thats a big problem.

• Yes. This is exactly what i had in mind. Gamova played Grand Prix and also European Championships last year. I can imagine her fatigue could be double than that of Sokolova.

But Gamova has no family and feels probably she doesnt sacriface anything, at least not that much as Liuba.

The reason Liuba wasnt playing in ECH was that Merkulova told her it was conflicts in the team and players that didnt get along during WGP. She didnt played in WGP because she dont like the format with so much travels to different countries.