Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Stats don't include 5th set at the moment...

Poland is almost sure in semifinal now, so one of Russia or Serbia will be out which is bad for Germany ;) But after watching Russia today I think both Turkey and Germany can beat them, none of Sokolova-Gamova-Kosheleva seems in best shape. Surely they can play better than today, but German serving and Turkish fighting spirit both are good ways to beat them anyway. In today's matches I had the impression both Russia and Serbia seem to rely on their last chance in Japan, they didn't seem 100% motivated to fight until the very end and give everything they have.

Ah okay, will see the final stats later then.

In Russia winning is always important, no matter if its Yeltsin Cup or Olympics, but their problem is simply that they have problems playing together. This is not a new problem even if its bigger than before right now. Players that care for their team like Grun would be fantastic for Russian NT. I think its only a problem that might be solved when they are under 100% pressure and they really need to do something, so u might be right. I have no idea about Serbia, but they also lack so much when so many stars with experience is gone, so they will not take the ticket anyway I think.

Kosheleva is one of the best payed players of all in the world, she actually earns almost as much as Gamova, but she really didnt showed it today. She must step it up, if not, they will lose to Turkey and Germany I think. I belive their chances over Serbia and Netherlands is very good though.

• In today's matches I had the impression both Russia and Serbia seem to rely on their last chance in Japan, they didn't seem 100% motivated to fight until the very end and give everything they have.

I had the same strong impression. Serbian players and Terzic didnt seem too stressed when game started turning the bad way same with Russia, Gamova was very relaxed and hardly protested wrong ref. decisions, just smiled.

• Bahar and Eda couldn't score and it was Naz's fault. Maybe she was not setting them that bad but in wring moments and too predictable.. they got blocked many many times...

• I have the same impression that Russian team was out of energy, force and motivation. Knowing Russians I believe that the next games will be different.

• IMHO Russia is treading on thin ice here. I think Ovchinnikov played Kosheleva in the starting six just to give her much needed courttime in the hope that she quickly gains competitive form. Perhaps he plans to use Estes just a bit later in the SF/F stage or if situation really becomes dire. My impression is that he has not enough authority/control over both Gamova and Goncharova to 'safely' keep them on court or else he would try to sub Tanya with Natasha at least for some short stints.
    I really wonder why he chose Merkulova over Moroz.
    Sad to say it but I think age is catching with Lyuba, majority of her attacks from high sets get weakened by block and/or picked up relatively easily by good defense.

• Anybody have watched Mexico playing so far in the tournament? How are they playing? Im asking because if they are too bad, its maybe not worth to be awake for the Canada game hehe.

• IMHO Russia is treading on thin ice here. I think Ovchinnikov played Kosheleva in the starting six just to give her much needed courttime in the hope that she quickly gains competitive form. Perhaps he plans to use Estes just a bit later in the SF/F stage or if situation really becomes dire. My impression is that he has not enough authority/control over both Gamova and Goncharova to 'safely' keep them on court or else he would try to sub Tanya with Natasha at least for some short stints.
    I really wonder why he chose Merkulova over Moroz.
    Sad to say it but I think age is catching with Lyuba, majority of her attacks from high sets get weakened by block and/or picked up relatively easily by good defense.

I agree with most of what u say.

About the decision Merkulova over Moroz, Yulia is simply a person that is better for the team outside court than Regina. She is one of the players that is good friend with both Kazan and Moscow-players, and even the others. Yulia have always been in the team even if she´s a limited player by given reasons. Also, nobady of them will probably play either, so its not a big deal for me at least.

• happy for Poland and their victory! anyway I agree with those who are saying that both Russia and Serbia aren't playing on their 100% relying on the japanese tournament...I don't know if this will be the right choice, anyway I hope to see in the future games with less mistakes, because today there too much!! Russia is not in a god position now..they still have to play against Serbia and NED, both of these teams are still fighting for a place in semifinal!
    on the other side it will be interesting to see Turkey-Germany!

• All statistics deceitful. I remember, that Werblińska blocked Gamova and she didn't has got any block point.
    Otherwise I'm really happy and proud of our girls. This not the same team as like in 2009-2011. Now it's much better, because we have completely different style of playing. Kasia Skorupa made a huge difference. Maybe we won't qualify for Olympics but we have got big potential to work for ticket to Rio and in NT won't be any girl which would pick a teammates.

• All statistics deceitful. I remember, that Werblińska blocked Gamova and she didn't has got any block point.
    Otherwise I'm really happy and proud of our girls. This not the same team as like in 2009-2011. Now it's much better, because we have completely different style of playing. Kasia Skorupa made a huge difference. Maybe we won't qualify for Olympics but we have got big potential to work for ticket to Rio and in NT won't be any girl which would pick a teammates.

Remember that with Matlak many girls don't want to play in NT. Others like our current strongest points: Skowrońska and Skorupa were dismissed. With Radecka (Sadurek) as setter we would have left-right :lol:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Well, he's a boss, so be it. On the other hand if something happens with one of Marias Russia is hosed...

Russian team is in an interesting situation, two younger players from the main squad need match practice, and three vets would have benefited from a short vacation. I don't think Estes, Sokolova and Gamova would be thrilled by the prospect of taking a trip to Japan and then after stressful tournament heading back to London to play probably for their last chance to win Olympics.

• hey, do someone know where I can find replay from todays match Pol-Rus???