European Championships 2011

• When Bulgaria won with Russia recently? ?(

We won Russia in the world league this year in Bulgaria 3-1. It was the first match with the black jerseys, it all started then.

Poles dissapointed me today. Don't get me wrong. I don't blame you for anything. It is just sadly to see how volleyball lose.

• Ojla, don't get so agitated. Firstly, you Poles are not responsible to your team's actions despite that the team represents your country. Secondly, your coach is doing the right thing no matter what some noble knights from the forum say. We Bulgarians have a nation's feature always to look at the other's mistakes and not to look at ours. Unfortunately, the only certain way not to achieve sth in this world is to be good and honourable ;) . I, personally, don't mind that Poland will lose (and they are playing without heart, you can't deny it) because I would do the same thing :)

You're right. Maybe people should just deal with it and stop spilling their precious and viscous morality on others. It just make people feel better about themselves. But it doesn't really have much to do with reality. Not that that's gonna change a thing anyway, I suspect.

• Crap! Belgium swept by Finland in 3 straight sets (well deserved, btw).

C'mon Italy, hope they can prove France deserves to qualify even less than Belgium!

Ok, France only has to score 11 points in the 3th set to qualify. I'm afraid Belgium is out.

• If we had lost against Germany - Poland would fight for the first place and win so: 1.Poland 6 points 2.Slovakia 5 points 3. Bulgaria 4 points 4. Germany 3 points. This scenario was better for us. Cuz we might have met the Czechs and eventually Poland. And now we face Estonia and I am not sure we will get to Russia, where the picture is clear.

Well, obviously this evening Maths is not my strogest side :D

But in the interview for BTV, I think it was, Stoychev said that they could not play to lose, he couldnt tell such thing to the guys :huh: Altough I remember that he did something like that in Trento :roll: It's really hard sometimes to understand his pri'nciples.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Ekhmmm, Poland wants to avoid Russia, but I've heard that Poland has WC for World Cup.... Please Poland, please ... let us go to the semis at least., please!

• Ojla, don't get so agitated. Firstly, you Poles are not responsible to your team's actions despite that the team represents your country. Secondly, your coach is doing the right thing no matter what some noble knights from the forum say. We Bulgarians have a nation's feature always to look at the other's mistakes and not to look at ours. Unfortunately, the only certain way not to achieve sth in this world is to be good and honourable ;) . I, personally, don't mind that Poland will lose (and they are playing without heart, you can't deny it) because I would do the same thing :)

Am I agitated? :D Sorry, but this formula is pissing me off, 'cause it affects my two beloved teams! One of them not in a good way!

• Oh this fox Anastasi screwed us again. These polish youngsters cannot take more from slovaks. WHy, Poland, Why. I believed in you and your honest. But probably i will revise my preferences.

oh yes, because Poland is always first to be honest and honorable and first to lost for nothing. We ALWAYS played for win, even if it wasn't profitable. We were always honest one, and nobody remembered that during ceremony, when ''foxes'' got medals. That's ENOUGH!

it isn't our fault, it's CEV's fault.

And belive me or not, but we really DON'T CARE about Bulgarian medal. We are NOT a charity organisation

• You're right. Maybe people should just deal with it and stop spilling their precious and viscous morality on others. It just make people feel better about themselves. But it doesn't really have much to do with reality. Not that that's gonna change a thing anyway, I suspect.

The only wrong thing is the formula and CEV. Why don't they make a formula like it was in Eurobasket a few years ago or something like that. Simpler the better
    -in the finals are qualified 12 teams to three groups or 16 teams 4 in a group and the first two go to quaterfinals
    -last matches(if four teams are in a group) are played at the same time(that needs two arenas in a city, but so be it)

majka86 You're absolutely right! And by the way Bulgaria is the team that gets screwed in EVERY recent championship :lol:

• And belive me or not, but we really DON'T CARE about Bulgarian medal. We are NOT a charity organisation

Speak for yourself. I do care about their medal! I do care about their good performance!

• Speak for yourself. I do care about their medal! I do care about their good performance!

I think, that she's pretty right. Because in last year, at WCh 2010 nobody helped us. Why we have to do this now?

EDIT - France lost second set? Bravo!!! You can start amazing and end awful.

• I think, that she's pretty right. Because in last year, at WCh 2010 nobody helped us. Why we have to do this now?

EDIT - France lost second set? Bravo!!! You can start amazing and end awful.

She was right in everything, but not this part...at least I don't agree with it, that's all :)

• The only wrong thing is the formula and CEV. Why don't they make a formula like it was in Eurobasket a few years ago or something like that. Simpler the better
    -in the finals are qualified 12 teams to three groups or 16 teams 4 in a group and the first two go to quaterfinals
    -last matches(if four teams are in a group) are played at the same time(that needs two arenas in a city, but so be it)

so true. I think this is also formula from WCh 2006.

This CEV and FIVB combinations kill volleyball, but it isn't our fault. Good luck with Russia

• Crap! Belgium swept by Finland in 3 straight sets (well deserved, btw).

C'mon Italy, hope they can prove France deserves to qualify even less than Belgium!

Ok, France only has to score 11 points in the 3th set to qualify. I'm afraid Belgium is out.

Yes the commentator said that too (9 points missing when they said that). Sorry...

So, if France will won one set they'll be second, otherwise third.

I hate the fact we start always very bad at the beginning of the sets... but winning after losing of 6 points give a lot of satisfation after all :rolll:

edit: France qualificated.

• BTW, compliments to Slovakia for being the third quaterfinalist!!!!

That it's a surprise to me, I didn't expect it! Nice work!

BTW, if there's someone that can won vs Russia is Bulgaria ;)

And let me say that you don't have to blame Poland, but yourself for wasting match points vs Slovakia :whistling:

• don't like matches like that. it was obvious from the very first minute we wanted to lose this match and we did. it was too close in the 4th set so we made 2 ridicilous mistakes so there wasn't any doubt who will win our group :lol: but oh well i don't give a damn about that. last year we were all hnest and played fair play and we came back from WCH with pathetic result. so now we need to win with Czech rep and we will play with Slovakia again...

anyways i hope Cev and FIVB will come back to the old "4 groups than 2 groups and 2 best teams qulify from each pool" it wa the best system and it was the fairest every single match was important and the matches were more exiciting...

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.