European Championships 2011

• Completely agree with you, but I hope you to reach to the final, to give us your wild card, so I will support Poland, even with Anastazi :thumbsup:

That would be a blast to play in the final! It would be probably the best way to recompense you today's loss :D Provided that you won't reach the final instead of us :D
    Btw, I would reaaally love to see both- Poland and Bulgaria in the final of a huge event! :D

• That would be a blast to play in the final! It would be probably the best way to recompense you today's loss :D Provided that you won't reach the final instead of us :D
    Btw, I would reaaally love to see both- Poland and Bulgaria in the final of a huge event! :D

Watch out what you wish coz it might happen :D may be you have forgotten too fast all the nerves you broke yesterday :D

Anyway, beleive me you don't owe us anything, so you don't have to recompence us ;) , but it would be good if things take a lucky direction for all of us :roll:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• No, the semis are crossed. one from pool A/C one from pool B/D (winner QF1 vs winner QF2; winner QF3 vs winner QF4)

[QF1: Serbia; QF2: Russia; QF3: Italy; QF4: Slovakia]

You don't really catch what I meant, I was meaning all the discussion here is due to bad pool composition, which is CEV's fault :cheesy:

• okie but is by some miracle we win over Russia, they will not play in World Cup then? 8|
    Whta do you think, imagine if Poland does not reach the final and Russia lost in the quarters whos' gonna take the WC?

• Watch out what you wish coz it might happen :D may be you have forgotten too fast all the nerves you broke yesterday :D

Anyway, beleive me you don't owe us anything, so you don't have to recompence us ;) , but it would be good if things take a lucky direction for all of us :roll:

Yes I know! I just can't help it, maybe I'm masochistic or something, but really POL-BUL final would be special, we have never played against each other in the final! That would be something amazing :drink:

• I can't say Poland played like Brazil, but excluding Jarosz, I didn'see any passion beyond first set or fight for every point until the end. Anastazi stopped coaching deliberately after the beginning of the second set and let Slokavia beat his team :down:

The only difference was Jarozs didn't play as setter :D There were some really embarrassing moments. What Stoychev did was a pure idiotism

• The only difference was Jarozs didn't play as setter :D There were some really embarrassing moments. What Stoychev did was a pure idiotism

In Brazil even the janitor can set, but Poland is not Brazil. The second setter of Poland did well.

• Yes I know! I just can't help it, maybe I'm masochistic or something, but really POL-BUL final would be special, we have never played against each other in the final! That would be something amazing :drink:

Damn, I know exactly what you mean :D I felt the same way about POL-BUL matches even in the groups of WL 2007 :rolll: thta's really masochistic and I can't explain it. Despite all the lost matches that year, I really liked the atmosphere in the hall and on the court when these two teams paly against each other - always high-spitied. It looks like we are addicted :rolll: :drink:

btw. I haven't seen our team so confident for a ...never :roll: I hope tha'ts for good, they claim to be not afraid by anyone 8|

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• In Brazil even the janitor can set, but Poland is not Brazil. The second setter of Poland did well.

Did well indeed- hanging Mika and Ruciak on the net most of the time :aww:

• Damn, I know exactly what you mean :D I felt the same way about POL-BUL matches even in the groups of WL 2007 :rolll: thta's really masochistic and I can't explain it. Despite all the lost matches that year, I really liked the atmosphere in the hall and on the court when these two teams paly against each other - always high-spitied. It looks like we are addicted :rolll: :drink:

btw. I haven't seen our team so confident for a ...never :roll: I hope tha'ts for good, they claim to be not afraid by anyone 8|

Well...I guess we are really masochistic or as you said addicted or whatever :drink: I love it and hate it at the same time!
    Anyway, you guys are very confident this season, and this interview with Vlado kinda proves it as well! I'll try to translate some coolest parts later, 'cause I think Vlado was really awesome in this interview :D I mean...he's always awesome :D

• Poland - Bulgaria match is uploaded in youtube

• Did well indeed- hanging Mika and Ruciak on the net most of the time :aww:

Yes, but he made Jarosz game fabulous. If a setter can't play with the opposite, he is not good setter, except if he sets for Brazil

• Vlado Nikolov after POL-SVK match :D

Before the beginning of Poland-Slovakia meeting you said that Bulgaria will take 2nd place in Group D. Why you were so sure about that?

It was obvious. I would be very suprised if it would have happened otherwise. Nobody wants to face Russia in the quaterfinal and taking 2nd place in the group D at the same time. Poland had to give up match against Slovakia to be on the 3rd place while Slovakians cared about the victory. The calculation is easy.

But you could have also analyzed the situation. It was enough to lose to Germans. You would have a guaranteed advancement and 3rd place in group D would be quite real.

But is it what matters in sport? We want to win and that matters for us. We know that we're able to do something great here, even stand on the highest podium. Sooner or later we would have to face Russians. If we want to reach for gold, we have to overcome them.

Have you talked to Polish players earlier? You knew that they won't necessarily fight for a win against Slovakia?

I know Poles' coach- Andrea Anastasi and I know he can count. When I'll add Emanuele Zanini- who is the coach of Slovakia, and who was Anastasi's assistant for many years, everything is becoming clear.
    Are you able to beat Russians? Alekno's players are considered to be the main favourite for the title.

Of course we can beat them. I see no reason to relent. Not once the history of sport has shown that the favourities were losing in the least expected moments. This time it can be like that again. I'm sure we're strong enough to defeat Russians.

I keep you at your word Vlado! ;)

• :white: Vlado is tallking about the gold! Wow! That's brave!
    EDIT: This reminds me the interview with Stoychev after WL he was asked: is he happy with the 5th place - he said - No, 5th place does not count, only the 1st place matters 8|