European Championships 2011

• Mastroooo :super:

He is playing sooo well in this ECh! To me, the most constant and the best player of Italian NT so far! Also Savani is playing very well, but he didn't in Italy-France.

He is making the difference! I'm a bit sorry because I think we expressed a better vb in WL international tournament, so now that we have Mastro we were supposed to play even better! Well, I hope that we will be able to use our best strenght in the next matches! The block is working well, but the serve not so much...

• Yosifov with 11 blocks if you count the playoff, otherwise - 10
    Todorov with 10 blocks you count the playoff, otherwise - 9

• He is playing sooo well in this ECh! To me, the most constant and the best player of Italian NT so far! Also Savani is playing very well, but he didn't in Italy-France.

He is making the difference! I'm a bit sorry because I think we expressed a better vb in WL international tournament, so now that we have Mastro we were supposed to play even better! Well, I hope that we will be able to use our best strenght in the next matches! The block is working well, but the serve not so much...

Yeah, he is unbelievable. It's a pleasure watching him playing like that :love: He is in a fantastic shape! It's crazy. He is one of the oldest players on this tournament.

Unfortunately I hope he won't be so damn good tomorrow 'cause it would be a conflict of interests :P
    It's gonna be a really tough battle...

• Oh... Don't worry 'cause Mariusz Wlazły always want to play on such big tournaments like Olympic Games so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we'll see him next year in London.

I won't beleive it until I see it with my eyes :lol:

I mean that it will be incredibly if His Highness does us the hounor of attending the NT. I am really amazed how coaches let him choose when he wants to play and when not. :roll:

Sorry I really don't want to be sarcastic or offensive, but I'm mad at Wlazly for not paricipating regularly in the NT. I have heard something about his hard character, but damn I don't care. For me he was one of the most talanted and skilfull players I have ever seen and that's why he is in the list of favourite palyers below my avatar since I'm in this forum. I cannot understand why he neglects Polsish NT in last years. He is always injured or something, but that seems to me more like excuses. Or may be he thinks he is too good to be there? :what: And he could give so much to volleyball itself and fans of the game... :evil:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I made stats for the teams, which reached quarterfinals. I didn't count play-offs due to the fact that not all teams played in them. The best players awards are given for 4 best countries so I made rankings only for players from these countries: Russia, Serbia, Poland, Italy. In ranks best spikers there are players who made 15% of all attacks of team.

SCORERS :
    1. Michal Lasko 71
    2. Ivan Milijkovic 66
    3. Maxim Mikhaylov & Cristian Savani 64
    5. Denis Biryukov 50
    6. Luigi Mastrangelo 49
    7. Taras Khtey & Michał Kubiak 47
    9. Ivan Zaytsev & Bartosz Kurek 45
    better are Kaziyski 77, Rouzier & N'gapeth 76

SERVERS :
    1. Dragan Stankovic 8 aces 0.57 per set
    2. Bartosz Kurek 6 0.40
    3. Ivan Zaytsev 6 0.38
    4. Maxim Mikhaylov 5 0.36
    5. Cristian Savani 5 0.31
    in best could be N'gapeth 8 aces 0.47 per set; Vadeleux, Kaziyski and Nikolov 0.35 aces per set

BLOCKERS:
    1. Luigi Mastrangelo 20 blocks 1.25 per set
    2. Dragan Stankovic 14 1.00
    3. Alexander Volkov 12 0.86
    4. Emmanuele Birarelli 10 0.63
    5. Michal Lasko 9 0.56
    in best could be Tomas Kmet 18 blocks 1.13 per set, Konstantin Shumov 12 0.86 Matti Oivanen 11 0.79, Viktor Yosifov 10 0.59

SPIKERS:
    1. Taras Khtey 64.52%
    2. Cristian Savani 60.22%
    3. Ivan Milijkovic 58.59%
    4. Denis Biryukov 56.94%
    5. Maxim Mikhaylov 54.08%
    in this category from other quarterfinalist the best is Kaziyski-51.59%

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• If after Brtman, Kuba Jarosz is the only option for Poles for the position of an opposite, I think that Gruszka can and must stay for the Olympics with no problem. :D No matter how old he is, he is a class above that guy. Piotr could be a good back up for the recovered Bratman and would be much more useful in hard moments than Jarosz. Gruszka's career is really admairable - he has to play his last Olympics.

Brat-man??? What a brilliant new nickname for Zibi! he's surely a brat and badass. :lol:
    Fine, now I can call him Batman, Butterman and Bratman! :) What's the next?
    PS: I know maybe it's your miswriting, but what a happy coincidence!

Oh... Don't worry 'cause Mariusz Wlazły always want to play on such big tournaments like Olympic Games so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we'll see him next year in London.

Nice. After Bartman and Wlazly crowd in the opposite player list, the previously most weak position is filled with prodigies. From a simple point of view, Jarosz may be the first one to be kicked out. I'm a little sad for him if so, because he's a very hardworking player, too, but I'll feel sorry for Poland otherwise.

These stats perfectly explain why Russia is the king.

• Brat-man??? What a brilliant new nickname for Zibi! he's surely a brat and badass. :lol:

Sorry, I really know that he is Bartman I just didn't see I have misspelled it ...twice :lol:

I checked for spelling of the other two names I mentioned because they are more difficult to me, but in the end I made a mistake in the easy one. Actually easy is only his surname, but not his first name, that is why I'm glad that you call him just Zibi, I may use it, too sometimes :D

Wild Wild West!

Edited once, last by volley super fan ().

• Sorry, I really know that he is Bartman I just didn't see I have misspelled it ...twice :lol:

I checked for spelling of the other two names I mentioned because they are more difficult to me, but in the end I made a mistake in the easy one. Actually easy is only his surname, but not his first name, that is why I'm glad that you call him just Zibi, I may use it, too sometimes :D

Fair enough! :lol:
    I feel more confident since I can spell all the Polish guys' names easily now.
    Zibi's given name is not that difficult. "Zbigniew" seems to be a common name in Poland.
    You know what? Bulgarian names are hard for me because there're way too many "-v"s there. Yesterday I wrote a post about Bulgaria's match in Chinese and I wanted to mention Yosifov. But I tried everything and failed to find out is it a "hov" or "lov" or "nov" or "sev" or what. Finally I looked it up in the Mediaguide of World League and know it's a "fov". :what:
    Actually I can't catch the suffix of Polish names, either. For example I know "Bartek" refers to Kurek but I don't know where it comes. A same situation is Zibi-zek(I don't know how to spell it). I've learn a littlelingua Latin so I know these languages have complicated suffix rules. I just tried not to be bothered by them. ;)

• Wonderful job! Thanks a lot, I was looking for smth like this :)

I'm not surprise to see Mastro as first blocker :heart: , but I'm surprise to see Lasko as best scorer! And I hope that Zaytsev will be able to grab the prize as best server... Unfortunally Travica that was our best server in the WL didn't score many aces so far.

But I wanted to ask: when you said who can be in the list from teams not in the top 4 (N'gapeth, Kaizisky etc), did you count or not the play off? I guess... no?

• Where are Poles? :lol: :lol:
    I'm suprised of Lasko as the best scorer, nice to see him there :P But it's a shame to see him in 'The best blockers', because it's mean, that out block sucks! :cursing:

• Fair enough! :lol:
    Zibi's given name is not that difficult. "Zbigniew" seems to be a common name in Poland.
    You know what? Bulgarian names are hard for me because there're way too many "-v"s there. Yesterday I wrote a post about Bulgaria's match in Chinese and I wanted to mention Yosifov. But I tried everything and failed to find out is it a "hov" or "lov" or "nov" or "sev" or what. Finally I looked it up in the Mediaguide of World League and know it's a "fov". :what:
    Actually I can't catch the suffix of Polish names, either. For example I know "Bartek" refers to Kurek but I don't know where it comes. A same situation is Zibi-zek(I don't know how to spell it). I've learn a littlelingua Latin so I know these languages have complicated suffix rules. I just tried not to be bothered by them. ;)

I'm afraid that I don't understand you well, but Bartek, Zibi etc aren't suffix. It's a normal diminutive. Zbigniew is main name and it is written in all IDs, right? Then Zbyszek, Zibi, Zbysiu, Zbyszuniek, Zbych etc is other version - but not official - that name. BTW Name "Zbigniew" is awful for me - no offence, but it's not (IMO) a name for young man.

• here other stats, made by Antinelli, but I think play off are included (and all the teams are considerated). So your one is better ^^

Attack

RUS 62,2% *___*
    SRB 55,1%
    ITA 52,2%
    POL 49,3%

Ricezione
    RUS 43,6%
    POL 41,8%
    ITA 37,7% =__=
    SRB 32,9%

Ace
    POL 23 (see, toray? :) )
    ITA 19
    SRB 16
    RUS 15

Blocks

ITA 54 *__*
    POL 45
    RUS 45
    SRB 38

NGAPETH Earvin 97
    KAZIYSKI Matey 91
    ROUZIER Antonin 90
    SKET Alen 88
    COSKUN Serhat 75

Blocks

MASTRANGELO Luigi20
    KMET Tomas 18
    OIVANEN Matti 17
    HUEBNER Stefan 15
    SHUMOV Konstantin15

Ace
    NGAPETH Earvin 11
    VADELEUX Romain 11
    KAZIYSKI Matey 8
    ROUZIER Antonin 7
    SKET Alen 7
    ZASS Thomas 7
    ...SAVANI Christian 5

• I won't beleive it until I see it with my eyes :lol:

I mean that it will be incredibly if His Highness does us the hounor of attending the NT. I am really amazed how coaches let him choose when he wants to play and when not. :roll:

Sorry I really don't want to be sarcastic or offensive, but I'm mad at Wlazly for not paricipating regularly in the NT. I have heard something about his hard character, but damn I don't care. For me he was one of the most talanted and skilfull players I have ever seen and that's why he is in the list of favourite palyers below my avatar since I'm in this forum. I cannot understand why he neglects Polsish NT in last years. He is always injured or something, but that seems to me more like excuses. Or may be he thinks he is too good to be there? :what: And he could give so much to volleyball itself and fans of the game... :evil:

How funny it sounds in english :lol: We call him also Mighty Lord, Princess and Mr. Brightest.
    Well... I wait for Mariusz to explain one day why he does what he does. I hope he has serious reasons. 'Cause if not I'm gonna hate him.
    Don't be sorry. Many polish fans don't even try to be not sarcastic or offensive. 'Cause many fans don't like Wlazły. They're simply disappointed and angry at him. That's why I'm always worry about Kurek who play in the same club with Wlazły. I hope Wlazły won't infect him with such attitude he presents himself :whistling:

Brat-man??? What a brilliant new nickname for Zibi! he's surely a brat and badass. :lol:

I didn't notice that. Funny :lol:

Sorry, I really know that he is Bartman I just didn't see I have misspelled it ...twice :lol:

Well Zibi use "Zibi" as well about himself :P

Fair enough! :lol:

Zibi-zek? What is that? :huh: You mean Zbyszek, right? :lol: Zbyszek is diminutive from the name Zbigniew. Actually, it should be Zbygniew but somewhere there was a mistake. I read about this name. It suits Zibi perfectly 'cause the last part Zbi-gniew means "anger" ;)
    Oh, and I don't think Zbigniew is so common name in Poland. I didn't like this name, until I met Zbyszek Bartman. :D

Bartek... Diminutive from Bartosz. But it can be also Bartłomiej. But our Kurek is Bartosz not Bartłomiej.

Wpisz tekst lub adres witryny albo przetłumacz dokument.Anuluj <h3 id="headingtext" class="">Tłumaczenie (polski > angielski)</h3>

Where are Poles? :lol: :lol:
    I'm suprised of Lasko as the best scorer, nice to see him there :P But it's a shame to see him in 'The best blockers', because it's mean, that out block sucks! :cursing:

The biggest success of our team is that someone is better than Kurek. Michał Kubiak rocks! :super:

• I'm afraid that I don't understand you well, but Bartek, Zibi etc aren't suffix. It's a normal diminutive. Zbigniew is main name and it is written in all IDs, right? Then Zbyszek, Zibi, Zbysiu, Zbyszuniek, Zbych etc is other version - but not official - that name. BTW Name "Zbigniew" is awful for me - no offence, but it's not (IMO) a name for young man.

Zbigniew is for granddad. Zbyszek is for young man. And Zibi is reserved for Bartman.
    Zbigniew really sounds too seriously. It doesn't suit Bartman at all. But Zbyszek sounds much better. And Zibi is super-cool 8)

Hehe, much better :D

Michał Kubiak will continue improve statistics :box:

• How funny it sounds in english :lol: We call him also Mighty Lord, Princess and Mr. Brightest.
    Well... I wait for Mariusz to explain one day why he does what he does. I hope he has serious reasons. 'Cause if not I'm gonna hate him.
    Don't be sorry. Many polish fans don't even try to be not sarcastic or offensive. 'Cause many fans don't like Wlazły. They're simply disappointed and angry at him. That's why I'm always worry about Kurek who play in the same club with Wlazły. I hope Wlazły won't infect him with such attitude he presents himself :whistling:

I would prefer "His Majesty Shampoo". :rolll:

IMO Polish fans (not all of them, of course) don't like Wlazły cuz he plays for Skra - sad but true...

• Hahha, OMG this is really sarcastic :lol: why do you call Wlazly Princess. I mean why female? :D

As for "Zbi-gniew" and gniew meaning anger, it is almost the same in Bulgaria - if I could use polish transcripion it will be gniaw (гняв in cyrilic), but I cannot imagine gniaw to be part of a Bulgarian name :D

And about Bartek, I thought that it is because he is Bart(oszkur)ek , some combination of both names, but obviously every Bartosz can be Bartek :lol:

Wild Wild West!