European Championships 2011

• I wanted Russia to get the bronze to avoid them in the qualification in Sofia, but now... Anastazi every time gets in our way with his cheating. Can't just someone kick him out of volleyball? :thumbdown:

You mean qualifications for European qualification tournament for London? If yes, top 4 from ECH don't have to play in qualifications, so Serbia, Italy, Poland and Russia don't have to play.
    I understand that Anastasi can be irritating, but he is clever and he care about his players. He just know how to play tournaments.

• Serbia demolished Russia certaints and Poland finshed them off. :super:

I've already express my compliment for Serbia, now it's time to compliment Poland. I want expecially to compliment Jarosz, :super: again he showed he deserve to be trusted in the most important matches, again he was so important for his team in the match that was the last chance to get a medal.

Again Poland showed great volleyball beating teams that - IMO - are stronger than them (sorry, I love Argentina too much, they were playing sooo smart in WL, even if they are soo damn young!). And that means they were able to play behind their own limits, and this is the greatest victory.

Argentina disappointed me back then, Russia disappointed me today (not because they both lost, but because of how they played). Well, Poland strenght is being able of not disappointing, eventually :kiss:

and now.... Go Italy!!!!! Guys, you really deserve to write a new page of italian vb history. Thanks to you the longest period (6years) without medal of italian volleyball in the past 25 years is ended. :white: :white: :obey: :obey:

I'm proud of you now and I'll be proud of you this evening, no matter what. Let's the battle begin!

• ZROBILIŚMY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: We did it, we did it, WE DID ITTTTTT! :obey: :obey:
    Oh God, I have no words for this team! AND FOR OUR AMAZING COACH, well...coaches actually! I know a lot of users here don't like our cunning fox, but you just can't say he's a bad coach, he's totally amazing! And he's the one who made us CHAMPIONS, 'cause we are champions. We owe him so so many things, and I really want to see those silly faces of all those people who were bashing him all the time!
    NANO, GARDO :obey: :obey: I love them so much! I thought it's impossible to worship Andrea even more, but every barriers can be broken! Thank you soooo much, my hero!!!!

BARTEK finally played like our leader! What an amazing match! Some actions were just delicious!!!!!! He showed awesome game, but my personal hero, (besides Andrea of course) is Kuba Jarosz. This guy finally showed what I was waiting for!!!! Incredible serve, great attack! He finally played without any fear!!! That's my Kuba!!! :obey:
    Oh God, I'm so moved, I don't know what to say! Thank you to everyone from our team, EVERYONE. Our setter, who finally showed that he's actually pretty solid! Our MB's were also great throughout whole tournament, amazing KUBIAK and the rest of our recievers, fantastic Igła and...oh man, just every of our guys gave a lot! Thank you so much! I'm in tears, but tears of joy! I love this moment!!! :heart:

Our guys played an amazing match, but I definitely have to admit that Russians weren't themselves after yesterday's defeat. We won against them with block and serve, two key elements of Russia. When you looked at them, you could definitely see that something is not oko with them. They're really mentally crushed, still. I feel really sorry for this team, 'cause I like them a lot, and when I saw them so sad at the beginning of the match ALREADY, I knew we won't lose it. There was no joy, no fighting spirit, too bad :( Really, I guess I've never felt so sorry for any team...besides Bulgaria and my guys of course.

My feelings turned out to be truth, I knew that it will be hard for Russians to get up after yesterday's defeat. It's like a deja vu from 2009. We played great and used Russians' weak mentality perfectly.

Yesterday Serbians defeated Russia and today we finished them off. It's sad, I feel so sorry when I look at great coach Alekno, amazing Maxim Mikhaylov and Dima, Taras and others :( Oh man...Russia, Russia....

I feel sorry for Russia, but my heart is white&red after all and I'm flyyyyyyyyyyyyying today!!!! AMAZING, AMAZING TOURNAMENT!
    I don't care 'bout others, say whatever you like, but we're seriously champions, this bronze is like GOLD to me!
    Noone failed today in this most important match! THANK YOU GUYS so much and thank you Andreas :obey: :obey: :obey:

• Congratulations to the fans of Poland, the reason why their team won :)

I wanted Russia to get the bronze to avoid them in the qualification in Sofia, but now... Anastazi every time gets in our way with his cheating. Can't just someone kick him out of volleyball? :thumbdown:

Thanks raylight for your congratulations :)
    But please, don't say such things about Andrea. I know you hate him, but we owe him a lot, you can hate him, but he's really an amazing coach. If not him, we would have NEVER achieved this. He's our best coach ever and I really hope he will stay with us as long as it's possible.

• Thanks raylight for your congratulations :)
    But please, don't say such things about Andrea. I know you hate him, but we owe him a lot, you can hate him, but he's really an amazing coach. If not him, we would have NEVER achieved this. He's our best coach ever and I really hope he will stay with us as long as it's possible.

I disagree, why not saying the truth abouth him? Yes, he is clever, that's obvious but still not a reason to not get critisezed when it is rightful :thumbdown: .

Congrats for winning the bronze anyway! :flower:

• I disagree, why not saying the truth abouth him? Yes, he is clever, that's obvious but still not a reason to not get critisezed when it is rightful :thumbdown: .

I totally agree with you nadejda. I don't understand how anyone can hate clever human? Even polish commentators said, that coach have to know how to lead his team during tournament. It's not single match. After lose with Italy in quarter in Beijing I didn't hear at any Polish forum, that smb hate Anastasi. But not everyone know what happened than.

Yesterday Serbians defeated Russia and today we finished them off.

ahahha bella we used exactly the same words xD

BTW, I perfectly understand you when you said that this medal is like a gold medal for you. Today I read an article where the journalist wrote that there is medal without colour, because the medal itself is a great victory. That is truthfor Poland today, and from my personal point of view it will be truth for Italy too, no matter how it will end. But I hope it will end differently than in the WCh!!!

• Kurerk was our leader again :)
    Points from match:
    POL: Kurek 23, Kubiak 18, Jarosz 15, Żygadło 4, Nowakowski 4, Gruszka 2, Kosok 2, Możdżonek 2
    RUS: Mikhaylov 25, Sivozhelez 9, Muserskiy 9, Volkov 6, Khtey 5, Biryukov 4, Grankin 2, Apalikov 2
    Full stats

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• ahahha bella we used exactly the same words xD

BTW, I perfectly understand you when you said that this medal is like a gold medal for you. Today I read an article where the journalist wrote that there is medal without colour, because the medal itself is a great victory. That is truthfor Poland today, and from my personal point of view it will be truth for Italy too, no matter how it will end. But I hope it will end differently than in the WCh!!!

I'm not bella :D

• I disagree, why not saying the truth abouth him? Yes, he is clever, that's obvious but still not a reason to not get critisezed when it is rightful :thumbdown: .

I dunno, maybe I'm not objective or something...I guess I'm not, but it's really hard for me if it comes to this guy.

• I dunno, maybe I'm not objective or something...I guess I'm not, but it's really hard for me if it comes to this guy.

Yes, you are not objective. Enjoy your medals, it was what you wanted after all, but don't expect anybody to appload anastazi, this won't happen.

• Yes, you are not objective. Enjoy your medals, it was what you wanted after all, but don't expect anybody to appload anastazi, this won't happen.

Alright, sorry, let's forget it :flower:

• Olja, Poland have great players and great fans, both fight with heart, I like you :)
    But don't expect Anastazi do be in one hand distance to me and not hear the truth. He is killing us second year in a row, it is a matter of survival for us. This medal maybe will stop us from the Olympic tournament, since Russia is always in top form in the early period of the season and they will come to Sofia to play for one ticket from total - one. How do you expect to love a man, who cheats and every time against us - WL2010, WCH2010 /competition formula/ ECH2011?! He is a genius, but evil one, evil must not be tolerated.

• Where is the rule where has been written that two Teams from the same Continent may not get Wild Cards?
    Yesterday in russian TV a sport journalist said that Russia as World League Champion will play in the World Cup and second Team will be Poland because of promoting volleyball.

That will be great if both two wild cards go to Europe. Is this jounalist serious?
    And you know what? Italy, Serbia, Poland, Russia vs Brazil, USA, Cuba, Argentia. That will be another WL final! :lol:

Congratulations to the fans of Poland, the reason why their team won :)

I wanted Russia to get the bronze to avoid them in the qualification in Sofia, but now... Anastazi every time gets in our way with his cheating. Can't just someone kick him out of volleyball? :thumbdown:

Russia is not unbreakable. Sure they performed below their average today due to mental reasons, so this mental weakness is their shortcoming! So far like everybody is avoiding Russia from their way to London, but they don't need to do so. Russia should be treated as all the others but not a dominator. I did believe that Bulgaria and Poland could conquer Russia with a high possibility and Poland makes it today. Next time it will be Bulgaria that do this!

(No offense to Russia, you're absolutely outstanding team. However you are still required to demonstrate it, by winning matches but not history :) )

=============
    Congrats to Poland, they makes it and I am so happy. Of course I don't think Poland win this because they are higher level than Russia. But this is volleyball - when I can't explain something I always quote this - Your win doesn't prove you're stronger, sometimes it comes only because Goddess Felicitas favoured you in the last two hours. :rose:

• Any link to watch Final? :drink:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Olja, Poland have great players and great fans, both fight with heart, I like you :)
    But don't expect Anastazi do be in one hand distance to me and not hear the truth. He is killing us second year in a row, it is a matter of survival for us. This medal maybe will stop us from the Olympic tournament, since Russia is always in top form in the early period of the season and they will come to Sofia to play for one ticket from total - one. How do you expect to love a man, who cheats and every time against us - WL2010, WCH2010 /competition formula/ ECH2011?! He is a genius, but evil one, evil must not be tolerated.

I like you guys too, I wasn't even trying to put myself in your situation, I guess if I were you I would think 'bout Nano exactly the same things.
    Sorry again. And let's now enjoy ITA-SRB match! :drink:

• Martee, the problem is that the qualification is 14 days after Serie A1 final, and Russians have very short championship, they are fittest in the early months of the season, they play better in World League than in championships.

• Martee, the problem is that the qualification is 14 days after Serie A1 final, and Russians have very short championship, they are fittest in the early months of the season, they play better in World League than in championships.

Really? Russia and Bulgaria were in the same pool of WL this year, and you won 3-1 and lost 2-3 to them as host team. There's no way to surrender to Russia even at the beginning of the season, not to mention your own host place.
    Be confident in your team. :lol: They have great supporters.

PS: Besides, you still have a chance in world qualification, don't you?