European Championships 2011

• I missed those actions so much :rose: Gizem :heart:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I'm really impressed by Turkish NT. Congratulations :flower: Both Russian teams cna't play under pressure. After winning tournaments (men WL, women WCH) they failed ECH.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Netherlands is probably the best receiving team in the tournament. With a more experienced setter they would have very good chances to beat Italy...
    (I don't mean that Laura is playing bad, just that with someone better NED would have better chances).

• I don't think Russia lost because they couldn't handle the pressure, they lost because they were technically unprepared to receive serve No excuse is acceptable for the poor passing by the Russians. It looked like a juniors team trying to receive serve against an senior team. Russia didn't depend as much on Gamova as they should and could have. They were going to Goncharova more often and she wasn't very effective. Russian middles were invisible throughout the match where as Toksoy and Erdem were playing very well. The interesting part will Russia get one of the wild cards to the WC?

Congrats to Turkey! They are playing cohesively as a team and as a fan I really appreciate that aspect. You can see how hard they are fighting to do well. I'd like to see them make the finals.

• I'm really impressed by Turkish NT. Congratulations :flower: Both Russian teams cna't play under pressure. After winning tournaments (men WL, women WCH) they failed ECH.

men's team certainly can't. but women - 2 times in a row won WCH in 5th set. if this is not playing under pressure I'm not sure what is. and what women's team is good under pressure?

Turkush NT is the most sympathetic team at this Ech for me. Now I'll support them and Angelina Grun personally.

• Instead of Poland? - No way in this life!

Poland can receive only ONE wild card. It will go for male team, so Polish girl have to reach final if they want to go at World Cup and play in London. These are words from PZPS.
    It would be interesting if Netherlands and Poland would win their QF, because we'd have top4 as like in 2003 :D Germany will win for sure.

• somebody have link ITA-NED please? :)

• Poland can receive only ONE wild card. It will go for male team, so Polish girl have to reach final if they want to go at World Cup and play in London. These are words from PZPS.
    It would be interesting if Netherlands and Poland would win their QF, because we'd have top4 as like in 2003 :D Germany will win for sure.

Thank you for this info! Russia would have Sokolova and Kosheleva playing at WCup if only Russia receives wild card. That would be totally different game..

• Netherlands is probably the best receiving team in the tournament. With a more experienced setter they would have very good chances to beat Italy...
    (I don't mean that Laura is playing bad, just that with someone better NED would have better chances).

Yet another injury to curse… :wall:

It may have come about beacuse of injuries, but I'm starting to think that having two OHs who are more receivers than attackers is no bad thing for holland… For one thing the better pass brings the MBs into the attack and Visser has been making the most of it (setter permitting).

• I don't think a more experienced setter would matter much for the Dutch. I think they suffer from the same issue Germany does, lack of point scoring outside hitters. Grothues is a very one dimensional attacker and when the set is out of system it's very difficult for a lefty to hit anything but angle. Good teams cover that Flier can't win matches by herself. It's really too bad that C. Staelens has had so many injuries because the Netherlands desperately need someone with her attacking ability. I also really wish Flier would attack the block at a higher point. She hits the ball sooooo low across the net.

• Costagrande's reception is a big problem in 3rd set, she passed 4-5 balls directly into Visser's hands. I don't understand why Barbolini insists on receiving without Leonardi all the time, she is a libero!!! And a good one too, if she were Kuzyakina it would make sense...