2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• One more thing...were the pools decided by drawing of lots or was there some other system used? Because, the pools are quite "interesting". Every pool has one team to attract spectators. Pools A and B obviously the host countries, Pool C the World Champion and Pool D the European Champion. In addition to that, all teams from East Europe are in C and D while all teams from Middle/South/West Europe are in Pools A and B. Quite a lot of coincidences...

• i dont know what to expect from Russia,Germany and Turkey...
    Serbia and Italy's games are more obvious as expected.

if Serbian players dont show the signs of fatigue...they are a balanced team: good wing spikers+good middles.If Nikolic gets some shape at attack they become a very good attacking team : Niko+Brako+Mihaylo+ Rasiç. However,i think Molnar will be a starter and this means some teams could beat Serbia . when serbia became cham. at home they had had hard time against Germany and Turkey with Brako+Niko+Rasiç.Now the case is similiar: Brako+Mihaylo+Rasiç.

• One more thing...were the pools decided by drawing of lots or was there some other system used? Because, the pools are quite "interesting". Every pool has one team to attract spectators. Pools A and B obviously the host countries, Pool C the World Champion and Pool D the European Champion. In addition to that, all teams from East Europe are in C and D while all teams from Middle/South/West Europe are in Pools A and B. Quite a lot of coincidences...

what a discrimination! X( :lol:

• I have been following ECh for many years but I don't remember what was the last time the medal contenders were too many and no favourite for semis :what:

Except Switzerland, Spain, France and Belarus all other 12 teams have good chances for reaching quarterfinals and noone would say it is surprise (indeed, if Belarus would manage to bring their best players, even they would have chance to quarters :whistle:

In recent years, there were 7 teams who were on top, which beat each other and have big gap with others; namely, ITA, RUS, SRB, TUR, GER, POL and NED. However, in this ECh, we have very interesting underdogs such as BUL, CZE, CRO, BEL and AZE. These 5 teams have either very talented but young players or experienced ones. If they have manage to improve their weaknesses (main problem is reception in common), they might manage to reach a medal. I will be cheering for these 5 teams besides Turkey. Especially Crotia and Belgium :rose:

• I agree with what some of you wrote: it is a really balanced tournament this time! a lot of teams are able to reach the semis, it will be really interesting to see which teams will manage to reach a good shape and play well in order to win over the others! I hope Italy manages to win its pool, even if facin Bulgaria ( I think Serbia will win its pool) won't be easy at all! I hope our girls will improve their conditions and their games, as they showed in some moments against USA and serbia in world grand prix..

• I believe neither turkey is out of medal candiate nor bulgaria could be succesfull with such a weak reception.Bulgaria has no chance against good serve teams

As they showed during WGP :whistle:
    Rabadzhieva and Vasileva might not be the greatest receivers around, but I think neither of them is as weak as for example Seda. And Bulgaria with their big hitters does not need perfect reception so much, Filipova can still be used when the reception is 2-3 meters away from the net...

• As they showed during WGP :whistle:
    Rabadzhieva and Vasileva might not be the greatest receivers around, but I think neither of them is as weak as for example Seda. And Bulgaria with their big hitters does not need perfect reception so much, Filipova can still be used when the reception is 2-3 meters away from the net...

Most of the teams they played with didnt know bulgaria well and they used this advantage.For sure if u dont disturb their weak part they play good like what they did against brazil.But after that they played with czechs and could beat them 3-2 barely.Hope u dont think czechs play better than brazilians :whistle:
    Bulgaria just have good attackers with shaky reception :)

• Btw if belgium finish their group as first they play with probably bulgaria which might be so interesting to watch.And the winner of this match plays with germany or turkey what a great fight 8o

• Bulgarian roster: - the same team as in Grand Prix + MB Koeva and L Todorova
    Setters: Lora Kitipova, Diana Nenova
    Opposites: Emilya Nikolova, Slavina Koleva
    Outside Hitters: Dobriana Rabadzhieva, Elitsa Vasilieva, Mariya karakasheva, Desislava Nikolova
    Middle Blockers: Strashimira Filipova, Tsvetelina Zarkova, Hristina Ruseva, Gabriela Koeva
    Liberos: Mariya Filipova, Zhana Todorova

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Bulgarian roster: - the same team as in Grand Prix + MB Koeva and L Todorova
    Setters: Lora Kitipova, Diana Nenova
    Opposites: Emilya Nikolova, Slavina Koleva
    Outside Hitters: Dobriana Rabadzhieva, Elitsa Vasilieva, Mariya karakasheva, Desislava Nikolova
    Middle Blockers: Strashimira Filipova, Tsvetelina Zarkova, Hristina Ruseva, Gabriela Koeva
    Liberos: Mariya Filipova, Zhana Todorova

MB Todorova (junior NT) > Gabriela Koeva :whistle: :whistle:

• Serbian team:

S: Ognjenovic, Zivkovic
    OPP: Brakocevic, Bjelica
    OH: Nikolic, Mihajlovic, Molnar, Malesevic, Malagurski
    MB: Rasic, Krsmanovic, Veljkovic
    L: Cebic, Majstorovic

More or less expected. Nice to see Malagurski make the cut, although I'm not sure how many chances she'll get, she hasn't been used much this summer.

• Fortunately Stefana is in :D Ninkovic is out, though I exepected that one from Malesevic/Malagurski/Nikolic can be out.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Really good roster he is smart and took just 3 middles hope guidetti will do the same thing although im not sure about it :roll:

• Really good roster he is smart and took just 3 middles hope guidetti will do the same thing although im not sure about it :roll:

I find it anything but smart to take only 3 MBs. The sense of taking 14 players is that there are 2 players for every position and I see no sense in taking 5 OHs, especially when 2 of them (Nikolic and Malagurski) are exactly the same type of player.

• I find it anything but smart to take only 3 MBs. The sense of taking 14 players is that there are 2 players for every position and I see no sense in taking 5 OHs, especially when 2 of them (Nikolic and Malagurski) are exactly the same type of player.

This tournament not a long- term one it takes just 8 days and it definetly doesnt make sense taking one more middle,who does probably never play,instead of using the chance changing your OHs against different coutries.

The sense of taking 14 players shouldnt be that there are 2 players for every position but you could use it whatever your team need.For ex a team which suffer ususally when the OHs have hard times like germany could use it for taking 5 Ohs.But for a team like turkey which suffers for middle position probably takes 4 middle which has sense. :roll:

Bttw dont get me wrong but malagurski and nikolic have nothing for being similar type and dont worry guidetti doesnt act risky and go with 5 Ohs.He goes on kauffeldt so u will be happy :)

• Italy team:

Letizia Camera e Noemi Signorile
    Carolina Costagrande, Cristina Barcellini, Caterina e Lucia Bosetti
    Martina Guiggi, Valentina Arrighetti, Raphaela Folie e Cristina Chirichella
    Valentina Diouf e Indre Sorokaite
    Monica De Gennaro e Alessia Gennari.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova