2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• Although I am sad for Mihajlovic's injury, her absence weakens Serbia's level to other strong teams. Thus, now their slot on final is no very secure anymore.

Best thing about ECH is lack of weak teams while there are many in WCh GP or other continental championships. Only weak teams are Spain and Switzerland (I wish Romania and Slovakia would play instead of them) all other teams are making many surprises :obey:

• Good news from Serbia, seems Mihajlovic has no broken bone, that was the doctors worse consern. She will pass still by a MRI to see if there were any damage in ligaments and that stuff, but the doctors are optimist.

She wont play tomorrow against Poland, but if the MRI reveals nothing to serious, she might still play this ECH.

http://www.zurnal.rs/2013/09/0…ice-mihajlovic/index.html

• Okay, I just watched Russia-Croatia and Poland-Bulgaria.

I really love this croatian team although they could not manage to win yesterday over Russia. Topic, Jerkov and Popovic had an impressive match, hopefully they keep going this way. The only thing I'm concerned is that the connection between Grbac and Poljak doesn't seem to be so good...and both Grbac and Brcic had some wrong timings for using Milos in the middle. When Jerkov was crushing all the balls, Brcic should have passed the ball to Jerkov as well. Sylyakhovaya(What a name...) was right there and Milos got blocked so Russia got the 2nd set. Well, to be honest I liked Brcic more than Grbac yesterday.

About Usic's absence -> It would have been better if she played, but I dont still think its a big loss since Jerkov and Topic are a lot better players than her.

Russia is pretty impressive as well. Sylyakhovana seems to be a monster blocker again and Morozova just rocks. I thought Marichev hates slide attacks, but I saw some from her and also Sylyakhovaya. Maybe he changed his mind this time? :lol:
    I really like Pasynkova btw. her style of playing really reminds me of Sokolova and she makes everything more stable. Pasynkova-Obmochaeva-Kosheleva these three are so strong enough.

Poland is playing better than I expected. I actually expected them to play like in WGP, but it seems they are mentally different now or Bulgaria could not show their best performance yesterday. As I said several times, first setter MUST be Wolosz and OHs should be Kasprzak and Sieczka. Its a big pity because Kasprzak is not fully healthy and I dont want to see Kosek in any tournaments... both Kakolewska and Efimienko are playing an ok volleyball, but Makowski must miss Tomsia and Bednarek Kasza...both are great attackers and also blockers, so.

• Where did you watch Poland-Bulgaria Emil please?

• I said germany and turkey had to be careful against holland and they could barely beat them 3-2 :D Today its turkey-germany match but i dont think that its such important.Probably the winner will face with the winner of holland-croatia and the second will face with russia.

Even russia seems stronger than holland or croatia i dont think that beating russia is harder than them.And i sincerely dont think holland will lose easily next time neither turkey nor germany.That would be great wathing germany/turkey slaps russia with almost 8.000 supporters aswell 8o (im sure if turkey will face russia everyone supports turkey in this match in germany :D )So there is no easy match anymore

btw poland did a great job and survived now its time for czechs serving and beating bulgaria :roll:

• Enjoyed RUS-CRO game, I think both teams were playing pretty decently. I'm starting to really like Shlyakhovaya, she's 22, she has potential. All of the sudden Russia has 3 good MB! And finally they got rid of Borodakova! Croatian team will be very hard to beat for anyone on this Ech. I think they will beat Belarus without any problems, and I expect them to have a very good chance against Holland also. Let's see.

• Enjoyed RUS-CRO game, I think both teams were playing pretty decently. I'm starting to really like Shlyakhovaya, she's 22, she has potential. All of the sudden Russia has 3 good MB! And finally they got rid of Borodakova! Croatian team will be very hard to beat for anyone on this Ech. I think they will beat Belarus without any problems, and I expect them to have a very good chance against Holland also. Let's see.

I agree. I like your MBs. Sylyakhovaya is a very good MB and so are Morozova, Zaryazhko. I havenøt seen Dianskaya for a long time, so I should see her more. Even if Perepelkina makes a come back next year, Im not sure if there will be a free spot for her. If I were Marichev, I would go with Sylyakhovaya(23 yo this year) and Zaryazhko(22 yo this year).

• I prefer to match with Russia instead of Crotia indeed :whistle: If you disturb Russian reception it is easy to beat them. However Crotians have very balanced OHs. So I hope Germany would win today

In terms of MBs, Russia might have their best year since ages. No Borodakova, no Merkulova anymore. The new players all showed good things and Morozova is surely the best of the "old" players, I remember some years ago she was not good in attack but she improved a lot there. If she and Nastya keep their current form, I see no need to risk Zaryazhko's health and force her to play in this competition. Of course it's a pity for her because she did very well too all summer, but her time will come!

I think some people are still underrating Russia :whistle: Losing Matienko might be a problem because her game style fits the team better, Pankova is more creative at times but also more risky in her play. The only weak position is 2nd OH, neither Chaplina nor Pasynkova has been really convincing, but as long as Kosheleva and Obmochaeva are there to kill the balls, Russia has a chance to beat every team in this competition!

• I really like #¨5 Pasynkova.

Her style of playing really reminds me of
    Sokolova and she makes everything MORE STABLE.

Pasynkova - Obmochaeva - Kosheleva.

These three are so strong enough. The Russian future. The "news" Sokolova, Gamova and Godina.

No like Chaplina, but it always starts playing, and then is replaced to Pasynkova, playing until the end of the match.

• Finally today Italy will play an interesting match! I almost fall asleep to watch the previous ones!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Yes, maybe the game Italy-Belgium will be a key one in this ECH
    Very important to go out first of the pool to avoid Serbia (or maybe Poland ...) in quarters :box:

• Even in Istanbul Spor Kulubu, where You play as OH, are better MBs than in Turkey NT? :D

How did you learn that? I don't remember that I mentioned about it before :what: You are sometimes scaring me Barrek :white:

Matthias

I don't underestimate Russia, yet I really think that they are easier opponent for Turkey rather than Crotia. Firstly, Russia is slower so it is easier for our block-retarded MBs ro catch them. Also I am not convinced about the stability of their reception line. Kosheleva is a ok receiver but if she covers a narrow space. Pasynkova doesn't give her that much comfort at reception. And Kosheleva's game doesn't seem consisted during this summer. That's why I think Russia is a easier opponent against such good server team as Turkey. Besides I am not huge fun of Pankova neither, only her as setter makes things very dangerous :whistle:

• I don't think Russia is slower than Croatia, rather the opposite...they play so much faster this year than in the past, even though they have slowed down a bit over the time because it seemed TOO fast for some players. Kosheleva didn't play a long time because of injuries but right now she seems to be in very good shape. Sure, good serves can damage them, but I'd choose Croatia over Russia as prefered opponent any time! Both teams are good, but Russia is Russia...they have the confidence and experience to win important matches and that is something that Croatia doesn't have because they play together so seldom as team.

For today, one big question is who will start as setter for Germany. Hanke did very well when she entered, and obviously she won the match for us in 5th set with her aces, but in the end of 4th set she also made two crucial mistakes that allowed NED to come back...Guidetti was not so happy yesterday because the attack after good receptions didn't work well (even though stats say something else...). I hope for another great match :super:

• yes some big games tomorrow again
    Italy / Belgium
    Czech Rep. / Bulgaria
    Turkey / Germany
    Poland / Serbia

Parisi vs Abbondanza
    Barbolini vs Guidetti

Flashback (f4 CL)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.