World League 2011

• Last year the same players played in Serbia NT and look - third place. They will wake up. I am almost sure that in second match with Portugal they will play better. Like it was with Finland ;)

I hope this happens. I'm criticizing because I really like the team.

These two players actually make Serbia one of the top teams in the world, in my opinion without them this team is 50% weaker. Serbia without Grbic and Miljkovic reached its climax last year by winning bronze in the WL finals in Argentina, no need to menion what happened in Italy with the two of them inside, but I don't really think they can do it again this year. Maybe the young Argentina and Portugal are simply more motivated to play during the summer.. but yes, I agree, they are underperforming for sure.

I understand your point, and I don't take away the importance of Nikola and Miljkovic, but I think that with opponents like this, even without these two, Serbia still should be a lot better. By the way, I really like Argentina too, and want to believe that they're truly improving. I just don't think a team as good as Serbia should let Valdir Sequeira score more than 30 points in a single match. Regardless of the result, and of the absence of Nikola and Miljkovic, I just think this shouldn't happen. And I'm not trying to diminish Valdir also. He's probably a good opposite. But he's no Mikhaylov, no Stanley, right? So I think this shouldn't happen.

• Last year the same players played in Serbia NT and look - third place. They will wake up. I am almost sure that in second match with Portugal they will play better. Like it was with Finland ;)

They got the place, because Italy let them

• Btw, Bulgaria had infinitely better reception than Germany against Russia - we had 6%, and they had 0% in the second match :lol:

• :rolll: :rolll:

6/0 = infinity ;)

• Btw, Bulgaria had infinitely better reception than Germany against Russia - we had 6%, and they had 0% in the second match :lol:

:what:
    Seriously? Oh my Godness. Hall of shame.

They got the place, because Italy let them

I believe they got the place because of their game not only because like you said Italy let them. They had to get to the final first. Italy wasn't only one team with which they played. Petkovic wasn't as good as Grbic but he was good enough. The same as Sasa Starovic. They all did well.
    I like Serbia so I will defend them as a lion X( :P

• Very interesting and balanced match, Jeong KOR and Zaytsev ITA two spiking machines... Sure the best match in this qualification group. Fot Italy it's a severe test, yet up to now they are facing the challenge. I'm quite satisfied.... and congrats to the young korean team, whatever the final result.

PS ITA wins 3-1, thanks to growing pressure upon KOR reception and progressively dismantling KOR organization.
    Very positive performance, ITA team is becoming a pleeasant surprise even to his supporters, we did not expect to have such a solid and performing team...
    :obey: Zaytsev deserves MVP title, he was amazing .... Lasko shortly besides him. :wavy:

• Very interesting and balanced match, Jeong KOR and Zaytsev ITA two spiking machines... Sure the best match in this qualification group. Fot Italy it's a severe test, yet up to now they are facing the challenge. I'm quite satisfied.... and congrats to the young korean team, whatever the final result.

PS ITA wins 3-1, thanks to growing pressure upon KOR reception and progressively dismantling KOR organization.
    Very positive performance, ITA team is becoming a pleeasant surprise even to his supporters, we did not expect to have such a solid and performing team...
    :obey: Zaytsev deserves MVP title, he was amazing .... Lasko shortly besides him. :wavy:

I'm definitly really glad of this victory, but... I don't know... Do you really think it was our best match? may be I was I little be tired ;), but this is not the match I enjoyed the most, it was a normal match with not many long rallies, I had more fun when we were under the other team in the score and we at the end we managed to win the set/the match (it happen in both match vs Cuba but also in France) :)
    I mean, it wasn't so enthusiastic;)

I definitly agree about Zaytsev, he was amazing in attack, but I saw him playing many times so I know what is capable of^^
    Jeong impressed me a lot, I don't know why the coach did't give him a second chance in third and 4th set... He was also good in serve.
    Nice attack combination by korea, I enjoyed their quick way to play... But I expected great things from them in defence, but honestly they didn't impressed me, their reception was really more interesting.

I hope we will get better in blocking other team MBs...

About Argentina, I'm glad they won again, I really like this team because young and with good potential; De Cecco is toooooo smart, I'm sorry Uriarte is not playing at all, but De Cecco is leading the team well :)
    Conte is one of my favourite (young) player, you can really see that he wants to be on the court, to play, to fight for victory, and that he has fun when he playes :)

About Serbia, :thumbdown: , no excuses for them, I don't care they dont' have Nikola and Ivan, they should do smth more :pinch: . Btw, sasà is playing well.
    and I'd like to add that even if Vermiglio is not Grbic and Fei is not Milijkovic, we change a lot our team but we are playing quite good, so :)
    Of course Italy hasn't faced the best teams yet, and we are happy for our victories but aware of that, but Serbia is in a similar situation.

• I understand your point, and I don't take away the importance of Nikola and Miljkovic, but I think that with opponents like this, even without these two, Serbia still should be a lot better. By the way, I really like Argentina too, and want to believe that they're truly improving. I just don't think a team as good as Serbia should let Valdir Sequeira score more than 30 points in a single match. Regardless of the result, and of the absence of Nikola and Miljkovic, I just think this shouldn't happen. And I'm not trying to diminish Valdir also. He's probably a good opposite. But he's no Mikhaylov, no Stanley, right? So I think this shouldn't happen.

Hmm.. maybe you think so because they showed they can do it once last year, but I don't quite agree. Without Grbic and Miljkovic Serbia is left with top class MB-s only, but the problem for them in recent years has always been the 4-s. Kovacevic, Nikic and Janic are just not that good. And I kinda agree with raylight that they were lucky last year because Italy let them play in the Final Round. Today I also think they will win 3-0 just like against Finland, but if they play well enough away against Portugal and Finland they should be able to qualify in this relatively easier group. However, I am sure this will not be their last defeat.

• I had watched two sets of match Puerto Rico - Poland before I fell asleep. It's unforgivable to go to bed when my team is playing but the hour was so late... But I go to bed peaceful with knowledge that our boys will manage ;) Hector Soto didn't have a good day. I was a little afraid of this player but he didn't show all of his possibilities. I hope he will play better and the second match will be more exciting. Too many bad services today - I don't like it :pinch:

I see Italy team is going through the competition like a lightning this year :P Zaytsev & Lasko & Savani are without questions dream team :D Zaytsev is chasing Kurek with scoring points :whistling:

• I had watched two sets of match Puerto Rico - Poland before I fell asleep. It's unforgivable to go to bed when my team is playing but the hour was so late... But I go to bed peaceful with knowledge that our boys will manage ;)

That is why you have a VCR or DVR. So you can watch it in the morning. It is impossible to watch any of the Asian matches on USA West Coast time, but the European matches are all on in the morning on Saturday and Sunday for us.

• That is why you have a VCR or DVR. So you can watch it in the morning. It is impossible to watch any of the Asian matches on USA West Coast time, but the European matches are all on in the morning on Saturday and Sunday for us.

I know about it but I prefer watching matches live :D

Russia and Bulgaria... What a massacre :down: I have no other words.

• Stoychev is an real idiot!

Vlado Nikolov has a shoulder problem, but postponed the surgery and is on injections, then he got ill during their flight to Russia and Stoychev still put him play so Vlado also injuried his leg :wall: Jeusus! Does he have to be admited to hospital to take him out of the team! Oh and Sokolov is also injured and hadn't practise with the team the week before, but no, we have to play with 2 injured opposites! Where is Boyan???? :call: Like we don't have some 2 other good opposites!!!

Matey is almost not walking, he can't jump due to the pain in his back, hadn't been practise with the team for a whole week, and yet he still play! Why??? Waiting to break his leg like Nikolov in the meantime??? :wall: :wall: :wall:

Two main MB injured, Salparov injured! WTF!
    I have no words! Really!

• In the moment Bulgaria is team of walking dead.Seriously,this is not a metaphor.

So many injuries... and they still play.Why?Why???

What Stoychev did to Kaziyski is a crime!

What happens to Bulgaria in the moment is sad story,the players are tired and badly injured but for Stoychev this fact doesn't matter...

Sorry for my bad english,but the truth should be told.

• For me, Argentina may play the final. What a team: young talented players with fantastic Conte and De Cecco. :white: 3-0 against Finland.

World league this year is one with great surprises: Argentian, Korea, Italy (after leaving Vermiglio and Fei, I thought they will be less stronger). Also France is a great surprise, but in a rather pessimistic way :lol: .

• ARGENTINA!!! :cheesy: I love them all.

In the moment Bulgaria is team of walking dead.Seriously,this is not a metaphor.

GOOD words. Walking dead :D

Also France is a great surprise, but in a rather pessimistic way :lol: .

France was a big surprise in negative way in WL already a year ago.

• Today's match (USA and BRA) was great and I was there! =)
    USA played very well in the first set. The service was awesome. Brazil couldn't do anything. But in the following sets, we played better. I think João Paulo Bravo is a great surprise. After he blocked Stanley alone, the american player stop playing well. I could realize he was a little afraid of spiking after that. And another point I can't forget to talk about: the USA players were great with the audience. They had a lot of patience whit brazilian spectators that kept on asking for pictures and autographes in the end of the match. They were really nice.