Germany - DVL 2010/11

• Thanks for your info and yes of course I understand. And I agree about your definition of "star players". Wühler and Lina Meyer for me were/are very impressive players. Is it possible that Lina Meyer comes to Vilsbiburg? (Just asking if it's possible, you don't have to reveal any management secrets ;) ).
    One thing I disagree, I don't think Petrausch is a good attacker at the moment :S She has many options, but for me she is not courageous enough in many situations.

Well, Lina Meyer is definitely a player who will get offers from some teams. In my opinion, she may be the only one from Sonthofen who can play in one of the top teams.

I agree with you, that Sarah Petrausch ain´t a good attacker "at the moment". I think it has to do with her reception. Since she made so many mistakes, she´s afraid to also make mistakes in attack. That´s why she don´t plays courageous enough.

• I must say I was really worried for Dresden, but they manage to havea great come baclk!!!^^

But I wanted to congratulates also Suhl!!!They made a great end of season!!!!!^^

t will be a good final I think!!!:)

• One thing I noticed all over the season: almost all teams in German league play the same way, and also the same way as German NT. Very good serving, great fighting spirit, but very little contribution from position 4. The only players who constantly played well as OH for me were Mira Topic and Hana Cutura and they're both from a country which has many strong players on this position. All German OHs who are candidates for NT played with too many ups and downs in the season (Brinker, Steger, Burchardt, Petrausch, today Thieme showed a very good performance).

• Stats of Dresden-Suhl:
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2010/Women/&2304.pdf

Unfortunately Suhl's opposite Merkova made probably her worst match in the season, and the OHs also were not successful. I'd like to see Hippe's stats from first 4 sets, in Golden Set she played practically without mistakes but in the regular game really bad. Dresden's block was very impressive :thumbup:

First final match on Wednesday, 19.00 CET in Schwerin (live on http://www.cpm24.tv). It will be a very interesting game, both teams are very strong but play different styles. Dresden plays "traditional" volleyball with Hippe as Opposite for the difficult balls, also from backrow, a well-balanced set distribution from Mareen Apitz, solid work in reception and defense from Kerstin Tzscherlich and strong jump float serving from all players. Schwerin on the other hand plays with an MB player (Thormann) as opposite who attacks mainly quick balls and is not efficient from backrow. With good reception, Denise Hanke can construct a very good quick game with her MBs and her Opp, but with bad reception Schwerin is very dependent from position 4. If Mira Topic plays like in the last games this is not a big problem. Schwerin is well-organised in block, but I think their defense is not as good as Dresden's, their liberos Thomsen and Völker for me are not among the best in our league. Schwerin uses normal float serves from the backline mainly but it is very effective too.
    I think a lot will depend on the individual performances of Saskia Hippe and Frieda Thieme for Dresden and Mira Topic and Patricia Thormann for Schwerin. In the regular season Dresden won both matches (3:2 and 3:1).

• well, dresden-suhl was really fun to watch. a very emotional game. For the final i hope for a little bit more quality. After watching al lot of championsleague matches i really wonder, whether one of the teams could compete there? Does either Schwerin or Dresden want to play there at all?

• Tim, welcome aboard.

Well, i guess the finals between Dresden and Schwerin may have a bit more quality. But when you play in the finals, it´s about fighting for your team, fighting for the victory even more so than during the regular season. So, it could get very emotional. There ain´t no time for playin´ fancy, it´s just right down the middle. Guess, it´s gonna be two close games and the championship will be decided in the golden set.

As for playin´ in the Champions League, in my opinion, it ain´t a question of could they compete in there, but can they afford it. As i wrote in a previous post, i´ve heard, that the clubs have to pay a six-digit entry fee to play there. So depending on who you´re opponents are (distance, airfare, accommodation expenses), i guess a expenditure equalization is the best german clubs can expect.

• Guys, does Schwerin really play with Thormann as opp ??? a MB of 1.81m.....very strange 8|

• It works very well actually, she attacks in MB style (quick balls behind the setter), and Denise Hanke can use her very well and drive the blockers mad with different types of sets (directly behind the setter or far to the antenna), but it works only when the reception is good. Thormann was awarded MVP very often this season, of course from backrow she doesn't play as effective as a "real" opposite but that's not a big problem, Topic and Retzlaff do the most backrow attacks if necessary.

SatanClaus: Thanks for the links! :) Hope you enjoyed the match despite the result...

• One main difference is the libero position now. Kerstin Tzscherlich does not play outstanding but solid with a lot of experience and Janine Völker sometimes makes great saves but in reception just is too shaky, and Schwerin depends a lot on good reception. Very interesting game certainly...

• It works well for me...I think it needs very good (fast) internet connection :S

Agree..quality is fine..

@ Burak

I also presume a very fast internet-connection is required..maybe you don't have ?? :(