Junior World Championships 2011

• ANY OTHER WEBSITES TO WATCH IT?...SEEMS LIKE LAOLA1.TV IS BIT SLOW... :obey:

• Laola works perfect for me.

I refuse to believe that Martinez is only 14 years old. She looks much older and also is way too powerful to be 14. Wouldn't be the 1st time that DOM fakes players' ages ;)

Japan plays very strange style, their MBs attack high balls in the middle all the time :what: It's nothing you'll see on international level so I don't think they should do that...

• I refuse to believe that Martinez is only 14 years old. She looks much older and also is way too powerful to be 14. Wouldn't be the 1st time that DOM fakes players' ages ;)

I agree. I don't think Martinez is 14 years old. She should be somewhere around 16-17. And yes, I believe DOM had a history of faking their players' ages.

And what's up with their coach? :lol:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• By the way the USA is sending a talented group of young players... most notably Carly Wopat and Natalie Hagglund. Both are extremely athletic players.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• There is a bright future on Japan's lefty opposite (#2). I really like her potential.

• I remember that few years ago Sidarka Nunez's birth date was 1987 ;) But now as I know this is 1984 ;) I don't know any other examples.

In Athens 2004 there was Alexandra Caso Sierra, born 25/4/1987. I remember exactly because it's my birthdate as well. Two years later her name was Carmen Caso Sierra and had a birthdate in 1981, but it is definitely the same player. Same height, same weight, same look, same position, just different first name and birth date :D

• Italy and Brasil also have a good team, it will be fun game to watch today I imagine.

Italy has many girls that were already in A1 last season, like Camera (setter of Novara), Zardo (libero Novara), Carrara (libero Bergamo), Bosetti (Villa), Scarabelli (Piacenza). and also Diouf (going to be opp in Bergmao this season), Pisani (Mb signed with Busto, if Im not mistakes)

And Brasil always strong in younger categories...Samara is very good player, she is from Osasco, and enter many games of last season. Also good the MB Ana Beatriz.

• But 12 block points by Aleksandra Sikorska :white: Can the Polish users tell something about her?

She has 187cm right now and jump on 315 cm in attack. Her fisrt coach was Teofil Czerwinski (the same one, which was training Glinka and SKowronska, when they started their trainings). Couple of weeks ago there was an interviev with Czerwinski and he told that she has big talent and she started training 2 years ago ;)

• Very nice match between Brazil and Italy so far. Brazil was leading until the middle of the set but Italy fought back and won 25:23 eventually.
    I don't like Valentina (Hagrid ;) )Diouf very much, she's tall and powerful but so slooooow and immobile. For me she doesn't fit into this team :S On the other hand the other 2 meter girl Bertone improved a lot since I saw her the last time.
    I have a feeling that this might be a very long and tight match...

• Aleksandra Sikorska play in Sparta Warszawa. This team play in Serie A2 in Poland. Sikorska is the first middle blocker in senior and junior Sparta team.