Junior World Championships 2011

• More examples for Dominican birthdates:
    Cindy Rondon in Italy league website is born 1988: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…a.asp?IdAtleta=RON-CIN-88
    On FIVB site now she is born 1987: http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…GP2011&Team=DOM&No=114085

With this one year difference she could play 2 years longer on Junior level. Cristobal Marte probably handles anything related to DOM NTs in FIVB himself :thumbdown:

Priscila Rivera from 2004 till now became 2 years younger, Annerys Vargas also 1 year:
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…Roster.asp?code=DOM&sm=59
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…sp?Tourn=WGP2011&Team=DOM

• Maybe in Dominican they don't know when they are born :lol: But I think that someone should check this things because this is unfair. This is not first accident like this. As far as I know in India men junior NT also played players which looks like 25 and overs ;)

• Some of these outstanding teams in the junior level never gets to remain as a top team in the senior level. Perhaps it has something to do with this.... changing their players' ages. On the other hand, countries like Brazil, USA, Italy, Russia, Japan and even Poland remain competitive in any of the age brackets...

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Italy leads to easy vs Cuba 2-0 ; Now 18-11
    Thanks laola1

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• Slovakia before the championships played a friendly match with Korea, somebody knows the result?

thanks for the reply

they didnt play at last...if you mean a match that should be played in Peru already...here is the article, maybe you can translate it for you in translator http://www.svf.sk/Default.aspx?CatID=668&NewsID=6195 there s not mentioned it should be a match with Korea, there is only mentioned a friendly match against one of the asiatics or american teams

• Italy-Cuba 3:0, only last set was close.
    Cuban Opp Matienzo has a lot of potential, but Cuban setter is horrible! Seriously I have never seen a setter with such a bad technique! 10 years ago half of her balls would have been judged as technical mistake.
    Tomorrow Italy-Serbia, I expect an interesting match there.

• Italy-Cuba 3:0, only last set was close.
    Cuban Opp Matienzo has a lot of potential, but Cuban setter is horrible! Seriously I have never seen a setter with such a bad technique! 10 years ago half of her balls would have been judged as technical mistake.
    Tomorrow Italy-Serbia, I expect an interesting match there.

so Cuban junior team play 5-1?

• Italy leads to easy vs Cuba 2-0 ; Now 18-11
    Thanks laola1

Just 19-17 for Italy. Cuba comes back 22-22 and even leads 23-22.
    Good defense and better reception
    25-16, 25-12, 26-24
    Diouf is really slow and the setter played too much with her. She did forget the middle...
    Diouf must improve her footwork speed

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• so Cuban junior team play 5-1?

Yes, and the opposite is the main attacker and by far the best player of the team.

I agree about Diouf. When she gets a perfect set and has a perfect approach her attacks are impressive, but as soon as she has to do something that requires technical abilities she is lost. Watching her trying to defend is extremely funny sometimes :rolll:

• Where can I watch the match Poland - USA?

• I'm watching this brazilian junior team and to be honest I think those OH aren't good ones.
    Samara #10 is said to be an all around player but she is not a powerful spiker. And Gabi #12, she played some good games for Macae team, she's a much better powerful spiker than Samara but way too short and I don't think she is a good receiver. The MB are ok though.
    Anyway I hope they can make it and win this championship.

About the dominican players I also believe there's something wrong with their ages. I'm not telling Brenda Castillo is older but it seems she's playing Junior WC for the last 6 years.

lol... it's a junior game but the emotions are all over place... the serbian player shouted at the brazilian player face after blocking her. :lol: :lol:

• China made 29 blocks against Japan including 14 by Yang Zhou!

Prediction Games:
    Gold Medal - World League 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2011
    Gold Medal- Women's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Grand Prix 2010

• Italy won very easy over Serbia and is in Top 8 with this victory, Serbia only play for 9-16. I think Serbia had a disadvantage because they played in the evening yesterday and now in the morning, so very little time to recover.