Yeltsin Cup 2011

• The Netherlands 0-3 Brazil (22,19,16) :what: :what:

It seems that The Netherlands will have huge problem in OH position..Blom,Grothues aren't international level players.They just cannot attack :white: Debby isn't in a good shape and her attack isn't that well too..Anne Buijs has problem in receiving..Staelens? She was really bad in WCH.Hope she will be better in this summer..Meijners would be a good choice for OH position but she isn't a good receiver too..I hope The Netherlands will solve that problem as soon as possible..They have great players in other positions..Flier,Wensink,Visser,Robin, Van Tiennen...

• well still missing Stam and Chaine, and WEnsink can enter...the team can grow a lot.

But any way, have to work hard, cause looks to me the players that were today in court, excluding Flier, are not in their best level. They can play much better than what they showed today...they have to work to achieve that level.

Brazil in other hand played quite well, great game for Priscilla Datroit!

It seems that The Netherlands will have huge problem in OH position..Blom,Grothues aren't international level players.They just cannot attack :white: Debby isn't in a good shape and her attack isn't that well too..Anne Buijs has problem in receiving..Staelens? She was really bad in WCH.Hope she will be better in this summer..Meijners would be a good choice for OH position but she isn't a good receiver too..I hope The Netherlands will solve that problem as soon as possible..They have great players in other positions..Flier,Wensink,Visser,Robin, Van Tiennen...

I wouldn't consider Van Tienen a great player. Judging from her role in the team, she's certainly not in the same level as Flier and the MB's.

• In Yeltzin Cup ocassion I have question to Russian Users- I want to buy t-shirt with Uralochka's logo? Where I can find the shop in net? Or other gadget.

I almost totally agree with you, my friend :win:

1. Indeed. Like I have always said: Blom and Grothues lack height and power for highest level.
    2. Debby suffers a very inconvenient back-injury for almost a year now...She is a good receiver though no great hitter indeed.
    3. Chaine Staelens was very weak at WCH (partly because of a back-injury). I don't know what to expect from her..
    4. Anne Buijs is a great hitter, but she has (still) difficulties in reception. Hopefully she can improve her reception. She is only 19 years old !!!
    5. Meijners is a good attacker, but has problems in receptiion (she is an oppositie originally)

Summary: Dutch team has no complete world class-OH (good receiver and good attacker). But, only the few best countries in the world have such players ( Brazil, Italy, Russia, USA, China, Japan)..

Setters: Staelens needs to get rhytm. Dijkema needs to work on secure setting very hard. Our most talented setter (stoltenborg) is at home, doing work for school likely :whistle:

MB: Visser is getting old. She isn't powerfull anymore. Wensink's strenght is blocking! De Kruijf can become a great player, but is still very young (20 years old). With today's setters no MB can play a great game in attack.

Opp: Flier, Sloetjes, (Pietersen, Meijners) --> no problems

Libero: I agree with Yates: van Tienen is only an average libero, related to highest level. Schoot: I can't see she will become a good libero unfortunately. Our most talented libero is at home --> Kirsten Knip. She is still very young.

• I like your expressions :lol: your best setter Femke Stoltenborg is at home. too bad.

• I've just watched the match of BRA x NED ... OMG! :rolll: Priscila Daroit played very well! I cannot believe she'll keep playing here in my city. But Ana Tiemi comitted loads of mistakes... She used to play better...

• I agree about Priscila Daroit too! Played very well!
    And I think that Ana Tiemi is overrated. She is good but not enough for the National Team (at least until now).

Anyway, let's see how both will do in the following matches...

• In Yeltzin Cup ocassion I have question to Russian Users- I want to buy t-shirt with Uralochka's logo? Where I can find the shop in net? Or other gadget.

Previously it was impossible... maybe now during yeltsin cup? but you have nat many chances:) It is very week organised - work with fans:(((