Dutch NT 2011

• Interesting that the discussion is much focused on the MBs, for the over-production in the country. (well, yes, also because of Selinger's choice)

But anyone knows why?
    Why are there not as many setters/ liberos/ hitters?
    :drink:

I don't know actually....there are indeed many good MB at the moment and also enough good hitters...but just a very few good setters/libero's...I don't know why..

• I don't know actually....there are indeed many good MB at the moment and also enough good hitters...but just a very few good setters/libero's...I don't know why..

Yeah I was just very curious and thinking is that a Dutch tradition or something...seems not! :P
    Dutch volleyball fans must be anticipating to see the team in the China tournament, will it be broadcasted in the country?

• My team:

Setter: Dijkema
    OPP: Flier
    OHs: Grothues/Meijners
    Middles: Visser/Wensink
    Libero: Van Tiennen

I think Staelens is still better (at least much more experienced) than Laura..but in a few years Laura will be starting setter. And I prefer Stam instead of Grothues :)

• Dutch volleyball fans must be anticipating to see the team in the China tournament, will it be broadcasted in the country?

I'm 100% sure it will not be broadcasted on tv here...but there will be some internetstreams, I presume ;)

• when the Olympic is approaching,exprienced players will remains.we could give one of 14 spots for those "young and talented"players instead of someone like Huurman?I think it's depends on the young girls who will be shinning but not just"talented and young".Every team has talented and young girls,but they must shine,so Huurman or other older guys will leave.Did NED have the shinning ones?I doubt.De kruif and Buijs are not shining,anyone is better?

• Roster for China Masters (and presumably for Montreux Masters as well)

Kim Staelens, Femke Stolltenborg, Francien Huurman, Chaine Staelens, Robin de Kruijf, Maret Grothues, Quinta Steenbergen, Alice Blom, Myrthe Schoot, Janneke van Tienen, Judith Pietersen, Laura Dijkema, Nicole Koolhaas, Lonneke Slöetjes

Schedule China Masters:

28 mei 15.30 Nederland - Cuba
    29 mei 15.30 Nederland – Dominicaanse Republiek
    30 mei ? Nederland - China
    2 juni 15.30 Nederland – Cuba
    3 juni 15.30 Nederland – Dominicaanse Republiek
    4 juni 19.30 Nederland - China

Schedule Montreux Volley Masters

8 juni 16.30 Nederland - Cuba
    9 juni 21.00 Nederland - Japan
    10 juni 16.30 Nederland – Italië
    11 juni semi- finals
    12 juni final and 3rd, 5th place-matches

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4439

* Roster is like expected. Buijs and De Vries are still busy with school-exams. Flier, Meijners, Wensink, Stam, Visser just finished play-offs/still playing play-offs.

The full roster for current NT-season consists of 21 players.

• is this gonna be broadcasted somewere?
    the dutch mathes

• Hello everybody!
    I am a newbie here :) I follow dutch team since it came to my city Omsk in 2008. I love not only the team, but also whole country. Manon Flier is my favourite player for a long time! I followed most of her matches is Pesaro last season. I do hope to win a medal on EC-2011 is september. I will be very happy to support dutch team here with you :cup: Oranje boven!

• Hello everybody!
    I am a newbie here :) I follow dutch team since it came to my city Omsk in 2008. I love not only the team, but also whole country. Manon Flier is my favourite player for a long time! I followed most of her matches is Pesaro last season. I do hope to win a medal on EC-2011 is september. I will be very happy to support dutch team here with you :cup: Oranje boven!

Welcome to the forum, Anisek :wavy: Glad to read you support our NT and love our country ^^ ^^

I'm thinking...Omsk...it was the WGP-qualification-tournament, right?

• Hello everybody!

Welcome!!!!!^^

• Welcome to the forum, Anisek :wavy: Glad to read you support our NT and love our country ^^ ^^

I'm thinking...Omsk...it was the WGP-qualification-tournament, right?

exactly! I had a happy 5 days filled with volleyball of the highest quality. I fell in love with Netherlands earlier, but first time I saw NT in 2008.

Manon was the only my really favourite player for a long time! But last season a bulgarian player Eva Yaneva came to our club! She is amazing and now I have 2 favourite players. Unfortunately, Eva moved to Moscow((((

If you have any questions about russian league, I will answer:) And of course, about my favourite team - Omichka))))

I am waiting for EC. Group D is the strongest one, but I am sure we can move to the final))

• On Dutch Federation-website is written the older - more experienced - NT-players have started training in Almere. Avital Selinger is leading the sessions, so that's why he isn't in Montreux.

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4480

• On Dutch Federation-website is written the older - more experienced - NT-players have started training in Almere. Avital Selinger is leading the sessions, so that's why he isn't in Montreux.

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4480

So Francien Huurman and Alice Blom are in the wrong place? :) Don't you think so?

• So Francien Huurman and Alice Blom are in the wrong place? :) Don't you think so?

Agree. But Huurman didn't play in a club this season, so she didn't need a few weeks off, and Blom's team was defeated early in Azeri play-offs..so I think she already had a few weeks off before..

• Agree. But Huurman didn't play in a club this season, so she didn't need a few weeks off, and Blom's team was defeated early in Azeri play-offs..so I think she already had a few weeks off before..

And this is an interview with Angelique Vergeer,OH of VC Weert, who didn't choose to play in NT because of her study .

• The next tournament will be the Yeltsin Cup (5th-10th July)

At this tournament the Dutch roster will change for a big part, related to China Masters and Montreux Masters..because Flier, Meijners, Wensink, Stam and Visser will be part of the team (they started training last week). These players, and also the Staelens-sisters (they were already in China Masters-roster), will play their first full matches of the NT-season.

Above is my interpretation of this Dutch text:

Het bereiken van de vijfde plaats in Montreux betekent het einde van een lange serie oefenwedstrijden in China en Zwitserland waarbij veel jonge speelsters de kans kregen zich te ontwikkelen. Bij het volgende toernooi, de strijd om de Boris Yeltsin Cup in Rusland begin juli, zijn de oudere speelster ook weer van de partij.

Translation: Reaching the 5th place at Montreux Masters, means the end of a long range of friendly matches in China and Switzerland, giving many young players the chance to develop. At the next tournament, the battle for the Boris Yeltsin Cup, the older players will be part of the team again.

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4495

I'm curious for the Yeltsin-Cup roster... :whistle: