World Cup 2011

• Something about Kolakovic.I also didn't have trust in Kolakovic at the beginning,but he proved his value and volleyball knowledge.I am little bit disappointed there isn't some players in the squad like Cupkovic,Bjelica,Janic, but Kolakovic has results and I can't complain on it.

• Last I have heard is that Atanasijevic will play in Japan.Serbian NT doctor says that he is under therapy,and they constantly follow his situation,and think that he will be ready for WC.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Something about Kolakovic.I also didn't have trust in Kolakovic at the beginning,but he proved his value and volleyball knowledge.I am little bit disappointed there isn't some players in the squad like Cupkovic,Bjelica,Janic, but Kolakovic has results and I can't complain on it.

Cupko!!!! I have already complained many times about his lack is Serbian team this year, last year. I really don't understand Igor.
    I kinda got used to Serbian NT without Novica, although I miss him a lot, he's one of my favourite middles.

Sure, Igor achieved some great results, but it's really frustrating to me when these players who really deserve to be be in NT, aren't even called. Sorry, I'm a little bit oversensitive if it comes to these things, 'cause it happened a lot of times in our team as well.

And btw- it's obviously great to hear some positive news about Alex :) Thanks!

• Toraypower I am happy too.Otherwise, next young and also very talented player is a Milan Katic receiver from Vojvodina Novi Sad,and he is 18 years old.pay attention on this guy.Serbian league is full off young players,with a lot of talent and that is main reason why Serbia has very good NT.Clubs don't have money but they work very well with young players.for example, this squad for the WC,has young players like Mitic(21),Jovovic 18,Atanasijevic 20, and Uros Kovacevic 18 years old.

• believe me Ojla I also don't know reason why Cupko isn't in NT.Bjelica has conflict with Igor in ECH 2009,and that is the reason why he don't play for Serbia anymore.Janic is injured I think,but I am not shure.

• believe me Ojla I also don't know reason why Cupko isn't in NT.Bjelica has conflict with Igor in ECH 2009,and that is the reason why he don't play for Serbia anymore.Janic is injured I think,but I am not shure.

Yes, I know about this conflict :( I really hate it, why my fav. middles are out of their teams? Not fair.

Yeah, seriously Serbia is like a volleyball talent makers or I dunno what! This is crazy, they have a really perspective youth/junior teams, I follow them really carefully, 'cause it's really worth to see how they're improving!

I remember when Alex Atanasijević wasn't even well known player, he was already really good, couple of steps ahead of others, but he kept improving anyway, and now he's in Serbian sernior NT! That's really great!

• National federation have very good program,and very capable president Aleksandar Boricic and vice-president Vladimir Grbic and they are doing very good job.volleyball is most popular sport in the schools,and that's all is them that.

• Holy shit. I made you people so confused after I wrote that Sasa Starovic is in roster :aww: But this "fantastic" volleyball site siatka.org which I have always trusted made me confused 'cause I read it there. Now I checked it and they changed Sasa for Aleksandar. So it's their mistake not mine. What a stupid mistake I would add :aww: After reading it I couldn't stop thinking that Kolakovic want to kill Sasa or sth :what: Because which coach called to the NT a player with a serious injury. Ok. Doesn't matter. Everything is clear now. I'm glad that with Alex is better and I hope he'll have a chance to show yourself on WC :roll:

• Toraypower I am happy too.Otherwise, next young and also very talented player is a Milan Katic receiver from Vojvodina Novi Sad,and he is 18 years old.pay attention on this guy.Serbian league is full off young players,with a lot of talent and that is main reason why Serbia has very good NT.Clubs don't have money but they work very well with young players.for example, this squad for the WC,has young players like Mitic(21),Jovovic 18,Atanasijevic 20, and Uros Kovacevic 18 years old.

Uros and Alex are my favourites :roll: Especially Alex, after his transfer to Skra I support him much more than before. I'm just a little bit worried about his health, well, his hand, 'cause, if I remember well, after Junior World Champ he went to Belchatow for 2 days, came back to Serbia and go for ECH. No time to rest.

Kolakovic prolly likes OHs that can receive well :D
    This Serbian team is a mistery to me atm. They can pull another marvelous performance out of their hat and grab a medal or can fail miserably finishing 7-8. I still can't decide which is more likely to happen.
    Nikic has been quite shaky, little Kovacevic was very bad for Bled both games in the CH, I doubt he can do much for the team atm, at leas not in attack, also I think Terzic is injured and will be cut off from the team list. This supports version 2- "failing miserably". On the other hand, they have Miljkovic so I think it's 51% for a podium finish vs 49% for a fail :thumbsup:

Čupković should have been in WL roster, now there is no need for him as other OH's are playing unlike Čupković. IMO he made big mistake by joining PGE, there is no chance we'll get much chances along Winiarski and Kurek. Remember Bakiewicz is injured so probably he wont be on bench in near future. Konstantin is great player, reception is his weak spot but he is young and have time to correct that. Problem is with Terzić, he sprained ankle but it seems he should play at the end. Bjelica decided he wont play for NT while Kolaković is coach. That was his decision not Kolaković. For those who dont know what happened Bjelica was unhappy because he was bench player and left NT team. Why Kolaković should call him again? Bjelica is good player but obviously also egotriper ;) Janić is injured, didnt played single point for Fakel this season but also he was in really poor form lately. Last match he played good was on last WCH vs Poland or Russia (not sure exactly). What happened with him after that only God knows.

• I just noticed that Poland get a perfect match schedule in this tournament:

(CET Time)
    20/11 07:00 POL vs CUB
    21/11 07:00 POL vs SRB
    22/11 07:00 POL vs ARG
    23/11 Travel Day
    24/11 07:00 POL vs IRI
    25/11 10:20 POL vs JPN
    26/11 Travel Day
    27/11 07:00 POL vs CHN
    28/11 07:00 POL vs USA
    29/11 03:00 POL vs EGY
    30/11 Travel Day
    01/12 Rest Day
    02/12 07:00 POL vs ITA
    03/12 07:00 POL vs BRA
    04/12 03:00 POL vs RUS

Except the second round and the closing match, which start at 11:00 or 18:20 local time, all other matches are at 15:00 local time. That means they don't have to adapt to changing match times and it's a little advantage.

• about Cupkovic: he played here in Roma for some months last year, and we were all really impressed by him. True, he's not so good in reception, but we liked him because of his attitude , he arrived here without probably not speaking a word in italian and everything and he had much more entushiasm than anyone else. He basically saved the team's ass :lol: . I miss him this year :(

Bjelica is the craziest person ever :lol: . It's not hard to imagine him in conflict with someone, lol.

...don't mention please time schedule. I'll go crazy if I want to watch both Italy and Argentina, why do I always have to do complicated things, can't I just watch my nt? haha.

• Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!! That's why I hate Japan (sometimes)! 07:00 CET? Holy shit, I won't be able to see any of these matches! Oh no sorry, I'll be able to see POL-BRA and POL-CUB, that's all!
    Mother of God, cheating again? Damn.

...don't mention please time schedule. I'll go crazy if I want to watch both Italy and Argentina, why do I always have to do complicated things, can't I just watch my nt? haha.

Tell me about it :roll: I can totally relate.

• I already checked it and it seems that I won't be able to watch only POL vs USA. I hope so, at least :S

If we talk about Bjelica, watching today's match Serbia - Japan I noticed a blonde girl called Ana Bjelica. Is she Novica's sister? Does someone know anything?

• [quote='Martee',index.php?page=Thread&postID=124917#post124917]

If we talk about Bjelica, watching today's match Serbia - Japan I noticed a blonde girl called Ana Bjelica. Is she Novica's sister? Does someone know anything?

There are a lot of people in Serbia with this surname Bjelica, so they are probably unrelated.

• Russian WC 14:
    S: Makarov, Butko
    MB: Muserskiy, Volkov, Abrosimov, Apalikov
    OH: Khtey, Biryukov, Tetyukhin
    OPP: Mikhaylov, Kruglov, Yakovlev
    L: Sokolov, Obmochaev

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Bella, she isn't relative with Bjelica volleyball player,but her brother playing basketball for Kaha Laboral in Spain,and sister also playing basketball in France and for Montenegro basketball NT.sport family :)

• Russian WC 14:
    S: Makarov, Butko
    MB: Muserskiy, Volkov, Abrosimov, Apalikov
    OH: Khtey, Biryukov, Tetyukhin
    OPP: Mikhaylov, Kruglov, Yakovlev
    L: Sokolov, Obmochaev

Wooohooo! Tetyukhin is in! :thumbsup:

Bella, she isn't relative with Bjelica volleyball player,but her brother playing basketball for Kaha Laboral in Spain,and sister also playing basketball in France and for Montenegro basketball NT.sport family :)

I just wondered about it 'cause imo Ana is a little bit similar to Novica. Not only because of blonde hair. But well it could be just my imagination when I saw surname Bjelica on her shirt. Thanks for the answer, anyway.