Russia - Superliga 2011/2012

• Ah right Malofeeva, I was wondering where she has been lately. Yes I also think she is a good player, I remember her from 1-2 years ago. Certainly better than Fateeva. I think also Alexandra Pasynkova from Uralochka has the potential to be a great player, at least she had it before her shoulder injury, I hope she can get back this shape.

• Yes Pasynkova also has a potential. It's funny how I still consider Sasha Pasynkova very young and promising player but she was in Olympic team for Beijing full 4 years ago. It's about time to fulfill all that promise I think.

• What about Jan Scherban? She is one of the top 5 scorers in the Russian League and she can even receive.

Regarding Bukreeva, I am surprise why she is not playing well this season. Last year, she was one of the top scorers of the league. I saw some videos where she played and she attacked really well.

• What about Jan Scherban? She is one of the top 5 scorers in the Russian League and she can even receive.

Regarding Bukreeva, I am surprise why she is not playing well this season. Last year, she was one of the top scorers of the league. I saw some videos where she played and she attacked really well.

Yeah, Yana Scherban have been playing well this season. I belive her problem is that she is erratic. When I watched her against Omichka, she was fantastic in the first two sets, but then made a lots of errors and had big problem against the high block in three sets, where she almost didnt scored a point.

• Russian Superliga is the best. It is not just the quality of the competition but the kilometers the teams have to travel every week... And just look at top 6 at the moment - every team has victory against some of the others

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Interview with Lesya Makhno, from Dinamo Kazan and Russian NT:

Makhno: "You should be able to adjust to any opponent"

Les Makhno told about the reasons for confident playing Kazan team in recent matches, evaluated its role in the Russian national team and commented on the return of a great volleyball player, Irina Kirillova.

- Lesya, congratulations on an impressive winning series! No team scored early to such speed?
    - Thanks for the congratulations! I think we very much time left on a good level. Coaches could prepare us well for the match with major rivals for the championship of the country. In addition, the front of the most important games in the Champions League. By myself I can say that this is not the limit, we can add to the end of the season. In the autumn we had a series of unsuccessful matches. Hopefully, they will remain the worst for us this season.

- In the first game you could crush the "Dresdner". So weak level of the German team?
    - I do not speak the first season in the Champions League, but with the German team met for the first time. The opponent average. But if you let him, he hooked to it and can deliver a lot of problems. And so many European teams, with whom we meet. So you can not relax. In every match you need to go with absolute concentration and good spirits, as we did in Germany.

- Fans are always divided rivals and not very interesting. And you?
    - Of course, playing with the leaders of interesting, but the others are no less important matches. In order to quickly reach a positive result, you should be able to adjust to any opponent. We always play to the maximum. Perhaps that is why many of the matches in three complete games. On top of this saving power. This season we are playing on two fronts, so it's important to always be on our toes.

- Moscow "Dynamo" his first match of the Italian club "Villa Cortese" lost. How do you assess the chances of his former team to qualify for the quarterfinals?
    - Chances to win the return match is very good. But then everything will be solved in the "Golden Set." This is a very serious psychological test. I hope our girls will be able to overcome it.

- With whom from your former club do you communicate with most often, exchanging news?
    - From the junction Anna Matienko and Christina, which is working in a team masseur.

- You have to spend a lot of time on airplanes. What to while away the time?
    - At one time, happy reading books of Paulo Coelho. Now I watch movies more often.

- At the Kazan matches on the central podium often comes banner with the words "Les number 1."
    - This is a work of fans. I am pleased.

- You are not offended by the words of head coach of Russia Sergei Ovchinnikov, that "the role Makhno in the current - Sokolov insurance"?
    - Luba Sokolov - a player with a capital letter. She has earned a place in the team many years of playing for the national team, which has made a lot of big wins. I have absolutely no hard feelings there. I will help the team, I can.

- Most of the team and think that it has not won a ticket to the Olympics?
    - Of course, now all focused on club matters, but we do not forget about the team. All are set for a serious fight. All the girls are confident that we will go to London.

- In a match with "Uralochka" you witness a landmark event - the return of a great volleyball Irina Kirillova.
    - We had a good talk with her. For two years they played together in the "Dinamo", and then were in the team. When the fall learned that she signed, very surprised, but at the same time admired: Well, Kirya, well done! Irina real fan of volleyball and can not live without it!

- At one time you said that you complete the career after the 2009/10 season.
    - Since then, nothing to think. I'd like to play at the Olympics, and then we'll see.

• In the next season I would see Russian Team as Piacenza now, mean Russian old Players still active so it would be:

S- Chukanova
    MB- Belikova, ?
    R- Sokolova, ?
    L- ?
    O- ?

Who are the oldest still active Players in position with ?. Help.

• Chukanova is only 31 - not that old, why don't you count Kirillova? Oldest Opp. has to be Ponomareva who's the second opp. in Dinamo Kazan and was born in 1972. Zhenya Artamonova (1975) is older than Sokolova. And libero - probably Ezhova - 1977

• You also has the spiker Lioubov Yagodina, Uralochka, born 1977, she can be at the bench.

MB has to Natalia Vdovin from Severstal Cherepovets, 36 years old this year.

So the ultimate veteran team should be:

S- Kirilova
    MB- Belikova, Vdovin
    R- Sokolova, Estes
    L- Ezhova
    O- Ponomareva

• Vdovina.. hm.. did She play in Uralochka? How is Her level now?

Yes she did some 10 years ago, she played for 3 years in Krasnodar recently. I saw her playing for Severstal 2 weeks ago, she's third MB there, and plays as a substitute, although all 3 MB's are on the same average level IMO.

• Yes she did some 10 years ago, she played for 3 years in Krasnodar recently. I saw her playing for Severstal 2 weeks ago, she's third MB there, and plays as a substitute, although all 3 MB's are on the same average level IMO.

I think Dianskaya and Podskalnaya are very good in slide attacks. Dianskaya was best scorer (!) in Junior ECH 2006 where she played with Startseva, Kosheleva, Rusakova...after that she had a serious knee injury and was out a long time I think. In Severstal's matches in Topvolley tournament I liked her performance a lot, but now that Zhadan is her setter...it will be more difficult...I don't understand that transfer, for me Zhadan isn't better than Hurava.

• I think Dianskaya and Podskalnaya are very good in slide attacks. Dianskaya was best scorer (!) in Junior ECH 2006 where she played with Startseva, Kosheleva, Rusakova...after that she had a serious knee injury and was out a long time I think. In Severstal's matches in Topvolley tournament I liked her performance a lot, but now that Zhadan is her setter...it will be more difficult...I don't understand that transfer, for me Zhadan isn't better than Hurava.

Dianskaya was playing in Krasnodar also a couple of years ago. Didn't show anything special but maybe she will hit her form, still she's very young. Totally agree on Gurova and Zhadan as I see there's no number 1 setter in Severstal they take turns playing.

• Tomorrow Dinamo Krasnodar will play with Tyumen.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game