Internacional Volleyball Cup in Brazil 2011

• Today's game (Brazil x Japan) was such a better test to Brasil. The japanese team is really good and Takeshita is definetely one of the best setters, is great to see her playing! I wish my NT could have a player like her.

PS: Brazil has so much to develop, the block was perfect but the reception not so good. at least we could see players like Paula and Mari in better shape.

I don't like the way Barbolini uses Gioli. I expected she would play Opp in MB style to use her main strength, the slide attack, but she is playing like a normal Opp. If this is what Barbolini wants, Italy would be better off with Ortolani in my opinion.

vs Perù it's gone better, she attacked with 42% and realized 27 points (8 blocks).

BTW, I agree with you Matthias, I tought he will use Gioli as OPP but using her for the fast.

Not considering any stats or how many points she can score, I have to say that I find her attack as opp not beauty to see... like not-coordinate, clampsy... While her fast is simply wonderful!! We have an amazing MB, we have to use her as MB...

If she was like 25 years old it would have had sense trying her in another position, but now..

• What's the score of first set?

• Italia: Ferretti-Gioli, Arrighetti-Guiggi, Costagrande-Bosetti, Leonardi.

Brasile: Dani Lins, Sheilla, Fabiana, Thaisa, Mari, Paula Pequeno, Fabi

25-18, 25-22, 27-25

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• i wonder why antonella del core is not included in the italy nt....something happened to her? ?(

• i wonder why antonella del core is not included in the italy nt....something happened to her? ?(

No don't worry... nothing happened to her ^^
    Italian team has been divided into two
    groups... One was in Brasil to play the tournament, instead Del Core is
    in the other group who is training in Italy... in this group there are
    also Lo Bianco, Cardullo, Piccinini, Ortolani and others players.

• No don't worry... nothing happened to her ^^
    Italian team has been divided into two
    groups... One was in Brasil to play the tournament, instead Del Core is
    in the other group who is training in Italy... in this group there are
    also Lo Bianco, Cardullo, Piccinini, Ortolani and others players.

thats good...shes one of the best players in italy...cant wait for the wgp this august... :cup:

• Just Been watching Babolinni's Italy in Brazil, a few observations, dont know if anyone else agrees. If I could Ask Babolinni some questions, these woould be my questions...

1) Gioli as opposite, total waste of talent, especially without Barazza in the team, the middle is vulnerable. Besides - no other combination in the world is as good as LoBianco and Gioli, so why spoil it? Also why is Gioli playing and not training and resting with the other team.....

2) Who is this Libero? She seems not to understand what her job is... Why if you have two good liberos, not even one of them is out training in matches? Dont understand it at all!

3) What does Babolinni see Costagrande's role as? Why isn't she training with the others to get the system of attack. I know she is lacking confidence at the moment having had a tough time in Russian league, but I dont think this is doing her any good....

4) Nice to see Ferreti, but not really impressed with her setting, also not impressed with Guiggi (who is one of my favourites!!). Its like they dont seem to get the pace of these games..

5) I STILL don't understand Italy's apparent lack of opposite players..... where are they all?

6) So who is going to play world grand prix?

On another note, Brazil is looking better......still a bit up and down for my liking but Thaisa is holding up really well. I still see Brazil struggling when they get to play against the likes of USA and Russia.